AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-27, 10:40   Link #1
Unagimaki

psychological thrillers

Im looking for some suggestions on some pyschological thrillers. Nothing to sci fi.. i dont do well with little kids or giant robots. although i love FLCL. Death note along those lines.
Old 2006-11-27, 11:45   Link #2
Levski
Banned

This is just a side note and the show is not about suspense, but the last two episodes of Marmalade Boy were THE holy shit moment of almost anything i have watched.

Kimi No Guzen Eien (the spellin g is wrong, but i am lazy to find it) was pretty suspensful if you watch it weekly and not all at once. It had probably two of the most annoying main characters ever, BUT in the end it did deliver suspense i persoanlly believe.

I am not sure if Grave of Fireflies has suspense because i have never watched it, but because of the nature of the anime and because it is very sad i think you can count it.

Also i have never watched Monster, but i head it was a REALLY good anime and because of it's horror aspect it will probably have many suspensful moments.

However what you are looking for is that "HOLY CRAP WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT" and Death Note i believe delivers that better than any other anime. It is only in the first 8 episodes on top of that, so i think it will give you the most suspense you can look for.
Old 2006-11-27, 12:19   Link #3
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I recommend MONSTER and Paranoia Agent. MONSTER is my favorite anime series while PA is up there, too; PA s much easier to get into, though, seeing as it's only 13 episodes versus MONSTER's 74. I highly recommend both, though, especially if you like Death Note - though the action moves much faster in Death Note.
Old 2006-11-27, 12:26   Link #4
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I second Death Note. You might also find Higurashi no Naku Koro ni to your liking.
Old 2006-11-27, 12:34   Link #5
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
go and watch gantZ if you want something really head banging

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-27, 15:56   Link #6
Unagimaki

Thanks. Ive seen both paranoia agent and gantz and agree there both very good. I think im gonna check out monster....any others?
Old 2006-11-27, 16:08   Link #7
Scorch

To some extent, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade. It's what I'd call a psychological-political thriller. One of the major questions throughout much of the movie is why Fuse (the main character) didn't shoot.

I've heard a lot about Perfect Blue, but I've never seen it myself. It might be worth checking out.
Old 2006-11-27, 18:27   Link #8
Lunchbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I second Death Note. You might also find Higurashi no Naku Koro ni to your liking.
I second Higurashi, though, I tend to hide under my covers whenever I hear their laughs.

I would recommend Ghost Hunt, a neat thrilling anime about Hunting Ghost (Oh, really?).

Though, only three episode are out so far, I enjoy it none-the-less.
Old 2006-11-27, 21:20   Link #9
i am the walrus

I'm gonna suggest Jyu Oh Sei. Its only eleven episodes so it seems rushed at times but its good. Night Head Genesis is good to. The psychology isn't accurate but its entertaining and it has suspense. And yeah Monster is a great show. I love it.
Closed Thread