Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-26, 05:23   Link #1001
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
http://toloverulove.blog121.fc2.com/...ntry-1139.html

Databook coming out in March! We'll finally find out what everyone's breasts sizes are.
Quote:
We'll finally find out what everyone's breasts sizes are.
Quote:
everyone's breasts sizes.
All I can say is hell yes and it's about frickin' time. I'm be a happy camper so long as we get the most up-to-date info on everyone's stats & relationship chart.

So I'm assuming that the 1st volume of Darkness is going to go up til chapters 4~5?
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 05:35   Link #1002
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
pre-order is a must!

need more info about Mea and Yami
Old 2010-12-26, 06:13   Link #1003
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
So I'm assuming that the 1st volume of Darkness is going to go up til chapters 4~5?
Only 4 chapters are required for a full volume this time, since the first chapter was longer than the others. Subsequent volumes will probably include five.
Old 2010-12-26, 09:51   Link #1004
Xagzan

But wait, it's a monthly series, and we have 3 chapters so far. So by March, shouldn't there be 5 or 6 to put in the tank?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 16:23   Link #1005
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
But wait, it's a monthly series, and we have 3 chapters so far. So by March, shouldn't there be 5 or 6 to put in the tank?
Not totally sure how publication works, but I'd imagine they still need several weeks' prep time in order to organize, print, and arrange for bookstore distribution of however many orders that are planned to be shipped out. At the very least, it's fairly certain the 6th chapter/April issue won't be making the cut since that one comes out too late.
Old 2010-12-26, 17:33   Link #1006
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Question: We're not going to have no chapter for January, right? I know it's the New Year and things get delayed and stuff, but they're just going to delay the Jump SQ release and not cancel it completely for January, right?
Old 2010-12-26, 17:57   Link #1007
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Question: We're not going to have no chapter for January, right? I know it's the New Year and things get delayed and stuff, but they're just going to delay the Jump SQ release and not cancel it completely for January, right?
There's a new chapter set to come out all right, and I don't even think it's delayed.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 18:19   Link #1008
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
last year we got the magazine issue at the end of december... like 29 or 31st dec. which is the january relaese that would normaly appear at 4th january so be patient ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 02:08   Link #1009
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
I didn't even know this manga existed until about a week ago. After To-Love the first one, I thought it was over.

The thing that I like most so far is that this series is a spin-off without really being a spin off, yes the focus has changed to two other characters, but it's still the same core story, the only real difference is that we don't have to force what weird contraption Lala has created today, or what excuse we have to make Rito a girl for Haruna to almost catch him in the act during. Not that I didn't like the original triangle or anything, in fact I loved all three of them, I'm just relieved I guess, that they won't get stale and end up making me sick of the series as a whole.

The direction of the focus on the harem, which in the last volume of the first manga was the question that I'm sure was on everyone's mind before Lala happily informed Rito of his... 'options' , is the only direction I desperately hoped for. I don't know what it is, but the fact that Lala and Momo don't seem like they would have any issue 'sharing' Rito sweetens the deal even more. Speaking of which, Momo is getting sexier with each passing day.

This has probably been posted already, but I couldn't help but notice that whenever Momo had a vision about her (well mostly Rito's) dream harem, Mikan was always stuck in there right next to Rito. Wincest <3

I swear TLR is Tenchi done properly in every way shape and form.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 02:16   Link #1010
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
I swear TLR is Tenchi done properly in every way shape and form.
Except Rito still doesn't hold a candle to Tenchi, especially since Tenchi is literally a god and Rito can't fend off an enemy to save his life.

The moment they make Rito into a badass, I'll wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment.
Old 2010-12-27, 02:41   Link #1011
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Except Rito still doesn't hold a candle to Tenchi, especially since Tenchi is literally a god and Rito can't fend off an enemy to save his life.

The moment they make Rito into a badass, I'll wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment.
The show, not the character. Tenchi Masaki may be beyond godlike powerful, but the show went down the toilet in the 3rd season. As far as I'm concerned the OAV ended on episode 13. Most disappointing end to a 8 year wait ever. Besides, who's to say Rito won't get some kind of power-up in the end? I doubt they are just going to hand the Deviluke Empire over without him having some semblance of ability to defend himself aside from surrounding himself with powerful women and a housewife imouto.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 03:10   Link #1012
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... actually that could happen, given that lala's father was pretty much looking for any excuse to go skirt-chasing (in the anime, Rito did have to prove his worth, but not in the manga). Besides, Tenchi had to become the god because the enemies he faced were all more than capable of blowing up the Earth

And the original OVAs of Tenchi, including Ryo-Ohki, were good... everything after that was crap

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 05:25   Link #1013
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
And the original OVAs of Tenchi, including Ryo-Ohki, were good... everything after that was crap
Preach on, brother. I'd probably never have gotten into anime if it weren't for the OVAs. So yes, I enternally thank/forever curse the Tenchi series for bringing me into the world of japanese anime.

In terms of whether we'll ever see Rito power-up in the series, I honestly can't see it happening since it's utterly pointless for him to acquire any supernatural ability or strength in his day-to-day life. Maybe if the content of the manga shifted to being more battle-oriented like Negima?! down the road... but as it stands, he's simply the male lead in the bishoujo series focused primarily on the girls.
Old 2010-12-27, 12:42   Link #1014
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Not totally sure how publication works, but I'd imagine they still need several weeks' prep time in order to organize, print, and arrange for bookstore distribution of however many orders that are planned to be shipped out. At the very least, it's fairly certain the 6th chapter/April issue won't be making the cut since that one comes out too late.
There's that, and you also have to keep in mind tankoubon are rarely more than 180-200 pages long. No reason for Darkness to be an exception.
Old 2010-12-27, 14:46   Link #1015
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Preach on, brother. I'd probably never have gotten into anime if it weren't for the OVAs. So yes, I enternally thank/forever curse the Tenchi series for bringing me into the world of japanese anime.
Wow, you too? Same here. Always a soft spot reserved in my heart for that series.
Old 2010-12-28, 06:04   Link #1016
Soraya21

Quote:
There's that, and you also have to keep in mind tankoubon are rarely more than 180-200 pages long. No reason for Darkness to be an exception.
Oh really? I've always thought that the average manga per volume was at least 200+ just judging by the thickness. But then again, I never really went about counting the exact number of pages in any one volume before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Wow, you too? Same here. Always a soft spot reserved in my heart for that series.
Yeah, caught Tenchi way back in the olden days along with other classics like Evangelion, Rurouni Kenshin and Ranma 1/2: back before the boom of the internet and even before CN's Toonami did I rent out the entire series on VHS.
Old 2010-12-28, 09:37   Link #1017
Freeter
beyond

Either the new chapter leaked early, or Himajin is BACK

Spoiler for ch 04 pics:

Surprisingly, most of these pics are safe for work...unless you get a hard-on for Yui, then they might fire you
Old 2010-12-28, 10:29   Link #1018
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Either the new chapter leaked early, or Himajin is BACK

Spoiler for ch 04 pics:

Surprisingly, most of these pics are safe for work...unless you get a hard-on for Yui, then they might fire you
Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-28, 10:48   Link #1019
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I'm willing to take that risk. Is it me or have her breasts gotten even bigger? They look delicious. A shame we can't post the relevant pics here.

Spoiler for chapter 4:
Old 2010-12-28, 11:22   Link #1020
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 4:
Spoiler:

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen