AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-01, 02:27   Link #61
andy

The thing is if you read the latest interview with him, he's even doing most of the backgrounds him self lately .
No one should even question how hard Oda works on his manga.
Old 2011-01-02, 04:05   Link #62
Sir-Nemesis

Good Chapter

Luffy is a hero even under the sea
Old 2011-01-02, 04:27   Link #63
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Yep, Oda's a pretty darn busy guy. Heck, recently he even mentioned that he's only been home once during the past year (although his family has visited him at work, at least). I think that should speak volumes about his devotion to his profession right there......
That just sounds ridiculous.
Old 2011-01-02, 04:34   Link #64
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
That just sounds ridiculous.
It's not unheard of for people to work that hard though.

Plus, Oda has stated himself he has a lot of fun working on One Piece. If you enjoy your job, the more willing you'll be to work at it no?
Old 2011-01-02, 06:22   Link #65
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
This discussion sounds like Bakuman
Old 2011-01-02, 07:37   Link #66
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Probably not going to happen, but considering the timeskip...

Maybe the holy land, assisted by Dr.Vegapunk, is digging their way straight down to Fishman island? That would certainly be more interesting, and a valuable strategy, considering the WG would want complete control of the entrances to the New World + satisfy the ire of angry Tenryuubito from past incidents with fresh slaves.

Considering the enemies on Fishman Island have so far been a little.. weak looking, I guess I'm interested in a fresh political outlook.
Old 2011-01-03, 07:14   Link #67
Mazkoom

Send a message via MSN to Mazkoom
Hi everyone..
This is my first post in this amazing forum after 4 years of reading and observing the discussions.

a wonderful chapter as always..

I wonder how things will be going since now the strawhats are well known to their villains unlike other previous arcs (Alabasta, CP9, Sky Island etc.) that is, now they are well known to the wholeworld.. I think this will give them very hard times because unlike other arcs, their enemies will be prepared from now on..
Also, I am so curious about Jimbie's message.. and why did jumbie give this message to the neptune army.. I think that the message is to tell luffy to team up with the neptune army to destroy a major villain which i think is the "big shadow that halted humans from entering the fishman Island"

thanks for giving me this opportunity to share my comments with you..
Old 2011-01-03, 08:36   Link #68
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Well we can't say that they are weak, because so far we haven't seen a new Fishman, Merman Fighting in the water, physicaly they are stronger, even a person as strong as sanji & zorro might explode due to the deep sea pressure... and yet a weak looking Hammond is freely lived in the deep sea...
Old 2011-01-03, 15:44   Link #69
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
It's not unheard of for people to work that hard though.
Its not unheard of for people to lie either...

Just saying.
Old 2011-01-05, 20:01   Link #70
marvelB

^I don't really see any reason for Oda and his assistants to lie about how they do their job, but whatever......

Anyway, seeing as things are pretty quiet around here and my last attempt to bring the thread on-topic failed, I figured I'd give it another shot: Seeing as one of the more popular suggestions for the next crewmate is a merfishpersonmanthing, perhaps we'll be introduced to our next potential Straw-Hat by the next chapter (unfortunately, I still don't see Camie joining). My guess is that our possible nakamate will be the one to save Sanji from his fatal (yet hilariously silly) plight, since Hammond kinda hinted towards such a scenario happening when he said that none of his brethren would go out of their way to help a human in need......

....Of course, Oda could completely go against our ideas and actually have Sanji flat-out die from his blood loss (lol, that'd be 2 years of training wasted).
Old 2011-01-05, 21:18   Link #71
Jaieni

Quote:
^I don't really see any reason for Oda and his assistants to lie about how they do their job, but whatever......

Anyway, seeing as things are pretty quiet around here and my last attempt to bring the thread on-topic failed, I figured I'd give it another shot: Seeing as one of the more popular suggestions for the next crewmate is a merfishpersonmanthing, perhaps we'll be introduced to our next potential Straw-Hat by the next chapter (unfortunately, I still don't see Camie joining). My guess is that our possible nakamate will be the one to save Sanji from his fatal (yet hilariously silly) plight, since Hammond kinda hinted towards such a scenario happening when he said that none of his brethren would go out of their way to help a human in need......

....Of course, Oda could completely go against our ideas and actually have Sanji flat-out die from his blood loss (lol, that'd be 2 years of training wasted).
Going off on this idea for Sanji. I'd like to see a relative of Fisher Tiger be the one to save Sanji from his blood loss, a kid/grandkid would be cool. As for the new crew mate. I'd like to see a human/fishman hybrid (if that's even possible in OP) be set up as the new girl, the straw hats have a sausage fest going on. Even better would be to have the new crew mate and the savior of Sanji be the same person . Of course making her a blood logia.
Old 2011-01-05, 21:31   Link #72
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaieni View Post
As for the new crew mate. I'd like to see a human/fishman hybrid (if that's even possible in OP) be set up as the new girl, the straw hats have a sausage fest going on.
Aren't fishmen ALREADY a species hybrid?

But yes, I agree about the next crew member being female. The gender ratio is seriously unbalanced in this series.
Old 2011-01-05, 21:52   Link #73
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

why are people complaining about using Sanji's blood loss to introduce a little background on fisher tiger? While the Sanji's bloodloss cause might be silly, it doesn't take anything away from the information and it's not like Fisher Tiger died from extreme horniness like Sanji seems to be.

I wonder if their solution to the nosebleed problem (after he gets his blood refill) will be to connect a duct from Sanji's nose to his veins so that the blood that jets out gets recycled back into his body.
I remember Whitebeard had some tubes from his nose too while on his ship. Given that he was surrounded by all those hot nurses, he may have been suffering from the same problem

OT: suffering from OP withdrawal
Old 2011-01-05, 21:54   Link #74
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaieni View Post
Even better would be to have the new crew mate and the savior of Sanji be the same person .

Yeah, that's kinda what I was saying in my last post.....

Anyway, while I'd certainly have no objection to the next crewmember being female, I'd rather a blood DF (which I don't really see as a Logia power) be reserved for a future villain. I was really hoping that Akainu would possess such an ability, but alas, that was not meant to be. Maybe it'll end up being Kaidou's power or something.....
Old 2011-01-05, 22:13   Link #75
ShunketsuXZ

There's been a lot of controversy over at Arlong Park about Sanji's nosebleed turning out to be serious...

I think that it was a little forced, but was still enjoyable and well done overall.
Old 2011-01-06, 17:52   Link #76
marvelB

Can't believe I nearly forgot to mention this, but now that we've reached this storyline, there's another character I'd like to see addressed here: Franky's old mentor, Tom. Seeing as he was one of the few merpeople who was actually quite friendly with humans, I can easily imagine that he'd be looked down upon by the rest of his race. Perhaps Tom was even one of the slaves who joined Fisher Tiger's crew after being liberated from the nobles......

Oh, and I wonder if the Macro pirates will appear in this storyline? Y'know, those guys who teamed up with Duval to kidnap Hachi and Camie (and even made their first appearance long before that in Hachi's ministory)? Personally I'd find it extremely hilarious if the guys who attempted to sell off their own kinsmen somehow ended up joining Hody Jones' crew.
Old 2011-01-07, 03:30   Link #77
Slayerx

Quote:
Perhaps Tom was even one of the slaves who joined Fisher Tiger's crew after being liberated from the nobles......
I can't remember if years and such were mention but i don't think it's possible for Tom to have been part of Fisher's crew unless fisher had a crew before the slave crew... Tom's building of the sea train and execution took place shortly after Roger's death. And considering Hancock's age, Fisher's attack and freeing the slaves however would have taken place a few years after that
Old 2011-01-07, 09:17   Link #78
james0246

^Additionally, Tom, who had human children, would have never been a part of the bigotry that Tiger represented.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-01-07 at 13:32.
Old 2011-01-07, 13:15   Link #79
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I can't remember if years and such were mention but i don't think it's possible for Tom to have been part of Fisher's crew unless fisher had a crew before the slave crew... Tom's building of the sea train and execution took place shortly after Roger's death. And considering Hancock's age, Fisher's attack and freeing the slaves however would have taken place a few years after that

D'oh, that's right, that little fact did slip my mind..... However, I still don't think Tom being held captive by the nobles is outside the realm of possibility. After all, notice that we've heard NOTHING about Tom being held in Impel Down (unless you count "Roche Tomson", but that's kind of a stretch). Maybe Tom's punishment for building Roger's ship was for him to be sent to the holy land instead of prison. Hell, that could even be the punishment for ALL merman outlaws. In fact, to lend credence to this theory, notice that we haven't seen ANY merfish prisoners in ID outside of Jinbei (I always did find Arlong's lack of an appearance in that storyline rather odd....). Maybe Jinbei's (former) Shichibukai status made him an exception to the rule that's normally reserved for the rest of his brethren.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Additionally, Tom, who "had" human children, would have never been a part of the bigotry that Tiger represented.

If he indeed joined Tiger, he probably didn't do so out of choice. He probably stuck with him because he'd have nowhere else to go (he certainly wouldn't have been able to go back to Water 7 since the government itself frequently commissions ships from there, and as I mentioned above, I'm pretty sure that Tom's sympathy for humans prevents him from being welcomed back to his homeland). Tiger's crew would seem to be the only option left for an outcast like him, even if he doesn't see eye to eye with the captain's views on humans......

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-01-07 at 13:26.
Old 2011-01-07, 19:32   Link #80
golgo13

maybe hammond becomes next member
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion