AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2011-11-17, 09:13   Link #861
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
She pretty much won everything today... Is it her birthday or something? There's even the release of FripSide's single for the Railgun PSP OP today.
is it on youtube now?
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 15:58   Link #862
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Ladies and Gentleman........

Mikoto has won International Saimoe League 2011!!!!!
Not surprising really.

That's our Mikoto!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 04:54   Link #863
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Mikoto seriously needs to get Touma's attention more, instead of being there..... But then she wouldn't be a tsudere would she...?
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 01:43   Link #864
Voxxen
Observer

Quote:
Well he better hope she dropped her coin twice then.
One thing I don't understand is, Mikoto has the ability of Magnetism? Couldn't she just bring it right back to her hand as soon as it starts slipping away?
Voxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 01:49   Link #865
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxen View Post
One thing I don't understand is, Mikoto has the ability of Magnetism? Couldn't she just bring it right back to her hand as soon as it starts slipping away?
Reaction time problem. It would take a time for her to convert her abilities to get the coin to her hand, and then transform the field to launch the railgun.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 16:53   Link #866
Voxxen
Observer

Sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Reaction time problem. It would take a time for her to convert her abilities to get the coin to her hand, and then transform the field to launch the railgun.
I don't know about that, in the railgun manga she is quite perceptive on the uptake. She stopped shrapnel (Or maybe it was just metal) without even looking at it, she made stairs of metal when they were blown out from under her. She realized Shizuri Mugino's attack was fundamentally based on her own, therefore she could manipulate its course via magnetic fields. She's even able to fly through magneto-plasma-dynamics, (i believe this would be very complex off the top of your head, yet she can do it)

Then again, maybe she was having a bad day? We all get them.
Old 2012-02-27, 17:03   Link #867
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I don't know about that, in the railgun manga she is quite perceptive on the uptake. She stopped shrapnel (Or maybe it was just metal) without even looking at it, she made stairs of metal when they were blown out from under her. She realized Shizuri Mugino's attack was fundamentally based on her own, therefore she could manipulate its course via magnetic fields. She's even able to fly through magneto-plasma-dynamics, (i believe this would be very complex off the top of your head, yet she can do it)

OR you can look at it like this; after dropping her coin once she started developing her skills to avoid getting into that situation again.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 17:10   Link #868
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:

I think it's a battle-readiness problem. Mikoto was going in knowing she would need to be prepared, while the bomber incident was more of an at-the-moment thing.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 14:08   Link #869
Voxxen
Observer

True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I think it's a battle-readiness problem. Mikoto was going in knowing she would need to be prepared, while the bomber incident was more of an at-the-moment thing.
Quote:
OR you can look at it like this; after dropping her coin once she started developing her skills to avoid getting into that situation again.
Both do have their merit, It's not like we know exactly what was going on in her mind at that moment. (though we can speculate)
Old 2012-02-28, 16:46   Link #870
Miraluka
Banned

Its like a civilian and a soldier, the latter has the mindset of being attacked thus will be ready for any preemptive attack while the formar doesn't.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 16:51   Link #871
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, you give us soldiers too much credits, they drop stuff and freeze all the time. In other words, they're still only human.

Plus nobody can be at 100% stand-by all the time for 'any preemptive attack'.
Old 2012-02-28, 20:13   Link #872
Miraluka
Banned

Well, call it instint or 6th sense.
Old 2012-06-08, 02:57   Link #873
michino

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ehhh~? Biri biri's in the title...
Let's add air heroine to Index's, lolicon to Stiyls, and Mr.Hero of Justice to Touma's then...

Mikoto-chin, kawaii yo, Mikoto-chin~
The main reason I got interested in the series in the first place! (Which left me with some regret later... orz )

Not gotten any appearance time lately, but I'm anticipating volume 3, her time to shine! (The only advantage to the cutting of volume 2...).
Also anticipating the next Railgun volume...
just asking, what is your regret...is it that misaka didn't appear as much as in railgun series? or any other reasons?
michino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 03:12   Link #874
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ignore him, it's just serenade... I doubt he even drops by anymore.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:26   Link #875
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Ahhh Biri Biri. There's a reason you're both in my avy and signature. Probably the best fleshed out Tsundere I've seen.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 09:56   Link #876
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michino View Post
just asking, what is your regret...is it that misaka didn't appear as much as in railgun series? or any other reasons?
He expected her to be an active character and not a recurring one to appeal the audience.

Quote:
Ignore him, it's just serenade... I doubt he even drops by anymore.
He does time to time, but lately has problem with the connection.
Old 2012-07-01, 22:53   Link #877
Destined_Fate

Does Mikoto have the second largest harem? Seems like all the girls in her school are in love with her, a stalker aztec dude, Kuroko, Uiharu, and people, men or women, falling in love with her image and personality. Too bad the one she does like is in a tangle of his own harem as well.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 23:37   Link #878
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Mikoto having a harem? Honestly it's more of the fact that many people in her school idolizes her (not love)...
Old 2012-07-01, 23:38   Link #879
Destined_Fate

Seems more than just idolizing, they really want some Mikoto and were pretty jealous when one of them spends more time with her over the others.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 00:00   Link #880
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Who? beyond kuroko noone else.

Uiharu? whats with people comming with yuri pairings... if anything Uiharu is paired with Saten or Kakine.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote