AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2003-12-19, 12:04   Link #1
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

Live-Evil, I love you.

Ohh thank you thank you THANK YOU for putting out gilgamesh 11. I've been feening for a new ep for a while now and going to to be going home to ny in like 4 hours and now have if not my favorite anime right now to watch on the plane. THANK YOU SO FREAKIN MUCH. if you ever need anything, let me know.
Mephisto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 14:50   Link #2
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Welcome to the club of Live-eviL worshippers. There are many many of us. Live-evil Consistently puts out quality subs of every show it does. I can't wait till they start doing Galaxy Express 999!
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 00:28   Link #3
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I will have to second that notion. Live Evil does a fantastic job on their fansubs. I too have been following Gilgamesh and must say that i liked it a lot. Any idea though on how many episodes it has. 13 doesn't seem logical.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 00:44   Link #4
Fronzel
Schmuck

They also do semi-obscure, non-popular series, for which they should be thanked.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 01:15   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I am grateful that they do semi-obscure, non-popular series because if they didn't, then nobody would sub these gems.

Perhaps they should be grateful though, because if they did well-known popular series, they would probably get lynched by unappreciative fans that don't understand the importance of quality over speed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 01:53   Link #6
kamij0

thanks live evil for galaxy railway, its another very nice anime yet under rated..
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 02:10   Link #7
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
hehe *______________*

I'm glad we're appreciated

Now, I'd like to state this now in public before rumors start flying...

L-E is most likely going to be very very quiet from December 26th until the end of January or so b/c a few key members of the group are going on winter vacations all at the same time ^_^;;;

I'm going back to Japan for a month

The tentative plan is to use 2004 to finish off the shows we have started, and GE999 & another secret project that you all must watch will begin being released after we all get back and resituated in the last week of January...

The only notable exception to this plan is Gilgamesh, which I think will continue as normal without my assistance... We will see hehe

We're trying our hardest to get Mermaid's Forest completed before Christmas, though *_* The final episode is supposed to air this Saturday...

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 02:37   Link #8
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Thanks for the news. Now whenever people ask if Live-eviL is dead I can say "No, they're just on vacation." People will ask. They always ask.

Thanks for trying to complete Mermaid's Forest. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm also hyped at the news that you're starting GE999 before finishing Galaxy Railways. The change of plan really works well for me.

It is great that you've decided to tell us what it going on with your group. L-E is my fave because you have the most unique projects and strive so hard for quality. Enjoy your Christmas! You've really earned it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-20, 03:52   Link #9
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Not only Live Evil a great group, but they have not let the fame go to their head and i for one am glad to see that. Thank you for the info. Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. Like Nani said, you've all earned it. Lucky bastard getting to go to Japan, have extra fun for me ok. We will await your future projects and happy hunting.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 15:39   Link #10
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I agree! Live-Evil is like my most favorite group and they do so many great series. Much love to L-E!
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 16:41   Link #11
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Gonna bump this old thread because L-E just started work on another title, 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother. This group demonstrates that fansubbing will always have an important place in the world of anime fans by working on older titles which stand little chance of being licensed.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 10:18   Link #12
Captain Hamsack

I'm also a big Live-Evil fan.

I especially look forward to the rest of their Rose of Versailles episodes.
I've got up to episode 21, I'm awaiting the rest...
Captain Hamsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 14:14   Link #13
Rebochan
Clubbing

I'm a Live-Evil fan too. I love that somebody subs these older series. So what if they'll never get the kind of downloads Naruto does? I love these classics! They're still around in Japan for a reason.
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 15:43   Link #14
SidSavage

I am truly thankful for Live-Evil's subbing projects. They deserve recognition for their hard work on anime that are not that popular or new. Live-Evil is one of the reasons I am still enthusiastic for anime fan subs.
SidSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 14:02   Link #15
sothis

i too appreciate live-evil and their work on things that would otherwise not be subbed (pick up okojo san! heh)

i only wish i had experience with fansubbing so i could offer to help out.
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 05:00   Link #16
ky_khor
Gundamed Ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to ky_khor
i like condor heroes.

gambatene... L-E
ky_khor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 17:58   Link #17
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothis
i too appreciate live-evil and their work on things that would otherwise not be subbed (pick up okojo san! heh)

i only wish i had experience with fansubbing so i could offer to help out.
Strange you mention Okojo-san. Someone just told me that their group is planning to sub it.

Old 2004-02-15, 03:04   Link #18
sothis

Quote:
Strange you mention Okojo-san. Someone just told me that their group is planning to sub it.
yea... i know of a "group" who is trying to do it, it's just a matter of if it succeeds or not. really funny show, check it out if you haven't seen it yet ^_^
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote