Notices

Old 2010-02-13, 05:54   Link #141
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

What an outstanding episode.
Spoiler for Episode 05:
Old 2010-02-13, 09:39   Link #142
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Lightbulb Agreed. More observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What an outstanding episode.
Spoiler for Episode 05:
Agreed. And there's some more thoughts I have:

Spoiler:

Great episode, can't wait until Ep6.
Old 2010-02-13, 11:05   Link #143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 06 onwards:
Old 2010-02-13, 17:34   Link #144
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Agreed. And there's some more thoughts I have:

Spoiler:

Great episode, can't wait until Ep6.
Yeah, but on the other hand, I sympathise with Nodame. All those drills with no end (both in the sense of completion and in the sense of purpose) in sight. Auclair may feel he's earned the blind trust of his students by being the world famous instructor he is, but it sure is hard on both Nodame and Rui. Then again, maybe he thinks - and he may be right - that just telling them why he does what he does will be counter-productive and that they have to figure it out for themselves.

I wonder how Frank would have done with him? Maybe better. He really wanted him, and he's more docile to start with.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 18:23   Link #145
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Lightbulb Could it be.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, but on the other hand, I sympathise with Nodame. All those drills with no end (both in the sense of completion and in the sense of purpose) in sight. Auclair may feel he's earned the blind trust of his students by being the world famous instructor he is, but it sure is hard on both Nodame and Rui. Then again, maybe he thinks - and he may be right - that just telling them why he does what he does will be counter-productive and that they have to figure it out for themselves.

I wonder how Frank would have done with him? Maybe better. He really wanted him, and he's more docile to start with.
That's a good point and I just thought of something else that has become clear:

Despite Rui and Nodame being quite different in terms of appearance:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-02-14, 15:00   Link #146
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Guys, does anyone know what was the first song played in the middle of the episode, in the concertos?
EfrainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 21:46   Link #147
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfrainMan View Post
Guys, does anyone know what was the first song played in the middle of the episode, in the concertos?
Piano Concerto... Rashmaninoff, it was the same piece that Chiaki played in season one,.
Old 2010-02-14, 22:45   Link #148
strategos

So, I still haven't watch the anime, but read the whole manga. How fast the anime is moving?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 02:20   Link #149
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I loved Nodame's reaction when she heard the Ravel concerto. It's a really good piece for her - something that should have been apparent from the way she took to Gershwin in season 1 and Mozart in season 2.

And speaking of the obvious...

Spoiler for Well, it's obvious to me, anyway...:
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 04:31   Link #150
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I seriously hope not, because it would seem far to unrealistic to happen.
Old 2010-02-15, 05:27   Link #151
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched Episode 5.

So they did skip out on

Spoiler for manga:

after all, huh? Disappointing, but I guess it can't be helped since they do have to rush the main storyline, after all. I was looking forward to it, though....

They changed up Yunlong's elimination a bit as well, giving it a somewhat different vibe than it had in the manga. This I don't mind too much though, since it replaced a somewhat tragic theme with a different, but equally tragic theme.

Otherwise, this episode wasn't bad, either. It seems like next week is the turning point in Chiaki's and Nodame's relationship, so I'm looking forward to see how it goes.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 08:19   Link #152
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Watched Episode 5.

So they did skip out on

Spoiler for manga:

after all, huh? Disappointing, but I guess it can't be helped since they do have to rush the main storyline, after all. I was looking forward to it, though....

They changed up Yunlong's elimination a bit as well, giving it a somewhat different vibe than it had in the manga. This I don't mind too much though, since it replaced a somewhat tragic theme with a different, but equally tragic theme.

Otherwise, this episode wasn't bad, either. It seems like next week is the turning point in Chiaki's and Nodame's relationship, so I'm looking forward to see how it goes.
Wait, what? But...but...but...

Well damn, I'm going to have to read that one then. Which chapter is it?
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 13:23   Link #153
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Watched Episode 5.

So they did skip out on

Spoiler for manga:
Could it be the unaired dvd only episode?
According to the official website for the anime, the unaired episode will be titled "Mine to Kiyora no Saikai" ("Mine and Kiyora's Reunion").
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 15:18   Link #154
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Could it be the unaired dvd only episode?
According to the official website for the anime, the unaired episode will be titled "Mine to Kiyora no Saikai" ("Mine and Kiyora's Reunion").
Ah, great. I was hoping they'd do something like that. I was thinking it would fit very well for a DVD only ep...
Old 2010-02-15, 16:04   Link #155
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 5 was very good even though they skipped somethings. I feel even with the missing pieces it came together very well. The Tanya and Yunlong's frustration and eliminations from the concourse highlighted not only their frustrations but also showed that procrastination can be a killer. As Tanya's case where she even asked herself "why did i wait so long". Tanya's problem was motivation there was nothing that made her want to better herself musically and take her craft seriously. All she knew was she didnt want to go back to Russia. I for one can sympathize with her as i had the same problem when i was playing the trumpet i was not motivated till another player joined who made me want to be better. Later when i started playing the violin i did not have the same problem i was focused and always practicing. Finding that motivation to immerse yourself in a piece can be damn hard especially if the piece does not move (Nodame's problem) However, after Tanya started getting serious her music moved so many people and even though she did make it to the final round her improvement was noteworthy even to Chiaki and Kuroki. Even more to the fact that Kuroki offered to let Tanya live with him. He obviously doesnt want her to leave and hes also aware of that little kiss she gave him lol.

Nodame's Ravel was wicked it has always been one of my favorite pieces. The twist because there had to be one, is Chiaki is performing that same pieces with Rui. As Nodame received a blunt yet honest assessment from Auclair this would be a slap in the face and Chiaki knows it. Nodame situation is really complex for me as i feel for the girl but i cant help but to feel that Auclair assessment is right. Nodame is at a very delicate stage where she could go either way. Since she erratic in her behavior its hard to tell what will happen. However, if she can not focus on the work that has been given to her how can she focus being part of Orchestra. What if the piece that was chosen she didnt like would she just not play it. Auclair is trying instill a since of pride in Nodame she take her craft seriously. Nodame lives for the moment she gets attracted to something and everything else is second wind. She reckless and impulsive those two qualities will deathly for her in the musical world. But all her training and work and to her there is no end goal there is no light at the end of the tunnel so i can see why she is frustrated.

The Rui and Nodame developments are going to be so sweet when Nodame finds out what piece has been chosen. Rui and Nodame are so similar but neither of them can see it yet. However, when Rui hears Nodames Raval im interested to see how she will react. I think this development will make or break Nodame in terms of her development.

Honestly, the story progression is just brilliant and i find myself getting drawn in more and more. Maybe not the extent of season 1 but pretty damn close.

Iv also become increasing interested in the Tanya,Yunlong and Kuroki development and how the remainder of it will be animated.
Old 2010-02-15, 17:37   Link #156
CWW
Lurker

As a Tanya supporter, I wanted to punch the judge who dismissed her performance. She played like a rock god. To be honest I've never seen someone play a piano with his or her eyes closed.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 17:40   Link #157
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
As a Tanya supporter, I wanted to punch the judge who dismissed her performance. She played like a rock god. To be honest I've never seen someone play a piano with his or her eyes closed.
Nodame has been doing it for much longer though.
Old 2010-02-15, 17:51   Link #158
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
I know how you feel but then we also have to look at this way. There are judges who like to see creativity in moments but other judges prefer the technical and classical musicians. The musician themselves must never outshine the music and thats what that the judge didnt like. Call them the old guard that cling to the old skool way of doing things. Whats funny is he was the only judge that objected but the female judge had no problem that means the others must have felt the same way.
Old 2010-02-18, 17:39   Link #159
aliensporebomb

Lightbulb I considered this too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I loved Nodame's reaction when she heard the Ravel concerto. It's a really good piece for her - something that should have been apparent from the way she took to Gershwin in season 1 and Mozart in season 2.

And speaking of the obvious...

I actually thought about this too....

Spoiler:

Thinking.

Spoiler:

Last edited by aliensporebomb; 2010-02-18 at 17:49.
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 18:18   Link #160
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
I actually thought about this too....

Spoiler:
Have you ever seen the movie Shindo? World famed piano virtuoso decides not to perform a concert and have an unknown but brilliant 14-year-old girl play instead?

Lack of realism is hardly a show-stopping issue.

All I'm thinking is that the series Nodame Cantabile franchise is supposed to be ending, and I'd expect them to end it on something that feels like a concluding moment. Nodame and Chiaki are finished with this part of their lives. It's time for them to move on. Unless they're suddenly going to time-warp a few years ahead, the scenario I'm suggesting is the only one I can think of that would provide the appropriate closure.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina