AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 30 16.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 25.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 54 29.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 35 19.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 5.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.10%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.55%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-07, 15:49   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ah welcome back to Shana. First episode was a fine way to get the series started up again. Dealing with an odd ability to throw a person into a dream world. Yuji did alright in figuring out what was going on and getting out of it. Though doesn't seem like it's the end by a long shot.

It would be just like that guy to not catch or forget Shana's confession. Puts Shana back a bit with Kazumi's still sitting in his mind. But still her reactions to the question were great.
Old 2007-10-07, 16:02   Link #22
Solafighter
Hige

Like expected, a good beginning of the new season.

But i wanted to click on the poll so quickly, that i cliked on "1 out of 10 : Painful"

i wanted to vote a 10/10.

The opening is fantastic!
Old 2007-10-07, 16:06   Link #23
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

For the first episode, overall i am less than impressed. Not a bad way to introduce the horn girl with that weird ability, but having Yuji run around, seeing the events we have already seen while repeating how weird this is was not the most exciting thing ever

That aside, Yuji caught on quite quickly. Her reasons for having Yuji experience this 'dream' are still unknown, and i wonder what can she actually gain from this ... perhaps something related to his Reiji Maigo ... we shall see due time no doubt

Character design seems to have changed, and the changes will take an ep or two for me to get used to. Especially Yuji himself.

Now ... the bad part. I was fearing they would somehow pull a reset button ... and they did. Why couldn't they at least do it while not making it look like a dumb plothole ?

He didn't hear her confession ? My arse, this is just plain inconsistency to what we were shown last season. Yuji heard perfectly, then smiled at her ... now they made it seem the explosion happened before Shana could tell the final words ... this is just a poorly executed plot hole, nothing else. But hey - easier to drop it instead of straining the brain over this issue, right ?

OP is quite nice once the lyrics kick in, but the rock piece played before that feels terribly not fitting.

6/10 for the first episode ... can't bring myself to think of this more than just 'average'.
Old 2007-10-07, 16:10   Link #24
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

WOW such a good quality. So much better than the first season. In terms of quality it deserves 10, but overal for todays episode 9. But i was so impressed with the quality that i gave it 10 .
Old 2007-10-07, 16:16   Link #25
pikanaria

Yeah, I also thought the episode was just average but I got to hear "urusai, urusai, urusai!" so I'm all set for now ^^
Old 2007-10-07, 16:41   Link #26
Kisuke06
I see...

the animation was just great in this episode! And I hope it keeps like that for the whole series.

I have watched the first season long ago, but I remembered some of the events in this episode(like Shana making the teacher cry).

I give it a 9/10.

And I can't wait for Yuji's first battle(if it happens in this season).
Old 2007-10-07, 17:04   Link #27
Meloria

Haven't yet watched the episode, but funnily enough I just finished re-watching the first season and now the first episode of season two comes out - good timing! XD
Old 2007-10-07, 17:23   Link #28
Midonin
Last Engage

I finished Shana's first season no more than a week ago, so when Yuuji was going through what felt like the entire first season in 30 minutes, I thought, "well, at least it'll be a good recap". But they only got as far as the second arc before we snapped back into the second season and out of the first. Not bad for a small reminder of how things are, and Shana's cute as always.

The new OP is good, though I expect it'll be better in full. No song is truly listened to until you've heard it all, after all. The ED's not bad, but Shana's first ED is probably my favorite overall. I like the new rockish version of the eyecatch, and the preview music isn't bad either.

So, not a bad start, and I'm ready for another ride. This time, going along with it instead of catching up. 8/10, a few points taken off for the sort-of-recap.
Old 2007-10-07, 17:31   Link #29
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

The first episode was ok, nothing special about it. Even though this was like a recap episode it was still nice to see Shana again. Hopefully that it will get better with next episode.
Old 2007-10-07, 18:18   Link #30
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

I just rewatched it and for some reason, It gave me this code Geass feeling in the beginning >_>. Anyone got the vibe xD? Sounds alot like the opening from MBAC also.

Edit:One more thing, when it showed the credit scene in the beginning on the sponsers, doesn't the girl in the back looks alot like Tear from ToA?
Old 2007-10-07, 18:40   Link #31
Echoes

I thought this was an excellent way to start the series off, I didn't see it coming at all. Yuji's reasoning is surely a force to be reckoned with, he pinpointed the problem and solved it with such haste. The mysterious nature of the whole event kept me at the edge of my seat throughout the entire episode, and I'm very much looking forward to the next. I had high expectations for Shakugan no Shana II, and it more than lived up to them. Shana was amazingly cute when claimed to not remember what she had told Yuji, perhaps even more-so than she's been in the entire first season.

Splendid visuals, lovely opening and a plot that I'm sure to find enthralling, I can ask for no more, 10/10. Might be the show of the season for me.

Oh, and I loved the new character. She looks smashing.
Old 2007-10-07, 18:48   Link #32
kiseki_gurl
:.:A2M Staff Member:.:

Well like everyone said, I think this was a pretty good start to the new season. I was actually happy that Yuji didn't here Shana's confession. I mean what's the fun when the love triangle is solved :P.

But man, the recap reminded me how retarded the villans were from last season. Hopefully this new chick will be a little less retarded.

9/10.
Old 2007-10-07, 19:12   Link #33
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well done recap episode. I give it a 7/10 since its nothing really to write home about.

Oh, did anyone else notice that in the opening animation that Yuji is wearing a soldier outfit? I have this feeling that Yuji is gonna become a major badass.
Old 2007-10-07, 19:25   Link #34
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

You know, it is possible to have romantic drama with an actual couple.. :P I wish they woulda focused on their relationship from the first season developing further/dealing with that relationship (which would be interesting in itself especially given shana's inept social skills/experience). Maybe a lead up to HIM responding to her feelings equally?

The triangle was wearing thin and now they reset it...

Old 2007-10-07, 19:28   Link #35
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I don't really see it as a reset, Shana accepts the fact that she's in love with Yuji, that within itself is a huge leap forward considering that in the first season, she was completely confuse by her feelings and unable to coupe with it.
Old 2007-10-07, 19:33   Link #36
Archuka
A territory most absolute

The good:
- It's in HD!
- The animation and the designs seem to have slightly improved.
- The introduction to the plot was quite good.

The bad:
- The animation still wasn't spectacular in action scenes. Or perhaps Shana just isn't that amazing with a sword.
- Kugimiya Rie as Shana still strains my ears at times.

...and the ugly:
- Yuji x Shana relationship reset plus major inconsistency with the previous season. I suppose they wanted to do more of the same rather than actually develop the story.

Also, I noticed I had forgotten much of the original plot. I can't remember why Bal Masqué wants Yuji's hougu so badly, for instance.
Old 2007-10-07, 19:36   Link #37
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Balle Masque wants the Reji Maijo because it can potentially produce an infinite amount of life energy, and with that energy they can become eternal (Hecate primarily)
Old 2007-10-07, 19:38   Link #38
Omfgbbqwtf

Ah.. interesting way to start a season. Can't comment much about it besides....we get a glimpse of what the new enemy looks like and her ability.
Old 2007-10-07, 20:26   Link #39
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka View Post
Also, I noticed I had forgotten much of the original plot. I can't remember why Bal Masqué wants Yuji's hougu so badly, for instance.
all the crimson denizens always want hougu by default, they don't really need a good reason to want something powerful.

anyway, if Bal Masque's reasons for wanting the Reiji Maigo have changed since last season, we'll likely find out about it next week.
Old 2007-10-07, 20:26   Link #40
mpt37

Great to see that Eclipse and SS will be subbing this. As for the 1st ep:

Spoiler for ep 1:

Last edited by mpt37; 2007-10-08 at 02:39.
Closed Thread