AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-12-26, 18:08   Link #881
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
yeah, i heard it will be more than 2 hours...
Naw, it's under 2hrs (barely). ~1hr 55mins ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
wat, 2 hours? usully was around 40~45 min, so it mean it damn long, I think the price for that will increase as well, , but 2 hour also nvm for me, since it so damn awesome lol.
Well, like I said before, vol.5's standard and limited will be 1k jpy more in price than usual.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 19:28   Link #882
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Those are the most expensive DVDs I've ever seen, but comparing that to average anime DVDs (Which go for well over 6K) it rather reasonable. Too bad Anime is so unaffordable! Manga on the other hand is so cheap :S

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 19:40   Link #883
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
Limited Edition: 7500 jpy
This depends on the vendor and the movie, I found them from a little over 5k up to a little below 8k.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 20:50   Link #884
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
This depends on the vendor and the movie, I found them from a little over 5k up to a little below 8k.
Well...
With MSRP in a store in Akihabara = ~7500
NeoWing/CD Japan = ~7500
Amazon.JP Auto-Discount = ~5800
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 07:26   Link #885
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
Well...
With MSRP in a store in Akihabara = ~7500
NeoWing/CD Japan = ~7500
Amazon.JP Auto-Discount = ~5800
My point exactly
Old 2008-12-28, 09:56   Link #886
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Has anybody heard any noise about a BD release of Kara yet? I'd quite happily pay $100 per disc for it in HD. The gorgeous animation by ufotable is so deserving of it, so it saddens me to have not seen anything about blu-ray releases to date.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 12:10   Link #887
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Finally was able to see Movie 4.

Kotomiiiiiiiine! Why am I not surprised that you're up to something?

His voice showed up in an earlier movie, but I'm still amused to hear him again here. Good times.

Still confused about why the other Shiki disappeared, or how Touko knew so much about Shiki's eyes. Ah, well, that's the usual I guess.
Old 2008-12-29, 12:18   Link #888
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It is unfortunate the movie didn't get quite in depth about male SHIKI being dead like this. IIRC, SHIKI died in order to allow Shiki to live: that is, Ryouigi Shiki really was supposed to be dead, and even the doctors thought she would never wake up. However, Shiki's second personality, SHIKI, was kinda the "subsitution" and died instead.

As for Touko, that is because the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception are a myth that is known for most magus. These are almost as famous as "Real magic" or "sorcery".
Old 2008-12-29, 12:27   Link #889
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

What happened to Shiki in the first place? Last I remember, she was telling K. that she wanted to kill him. Did she stab herself? Did I miss something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As for Touko, that is because the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception are a myth that is known for most magus. These are almost as famous as "Real magic" or "sorcery".
How did she know what Shiki had them, though? But then, she somehow knew a very great deal about what was going on with her, so I guess it was just magic.
Old 2008-12-29, 12:40   Link #890
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
What happened to Shiki in the first place? Last I remember, she was telling K. that she wanted to kill him. Did she stab herself? Did I miss something?
Spoiler for cause of the coma:

If anyone can correct me or add more details, please go ahead (still in spoiler tags)
Quote:
How did she know what Shiki had them, though? But then, she somehow knew a very great deal about what was going on with her, so I guess it was just magic.
It seems Touko didn't know about her eyes from the beginning. Just that, with her backstory (Ryougi family, etc), her discussion with her and Shiki's behaviour once she woke up form her coma permitted Touko to guess that it was these magan.
Old 2008-12-29, 17:30   Link #891
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Has anybody heard any noise about a BD release of Kara yet? I'd quite happily pay $100 per disc for it in HD. The gorgeous animation by ufotable is so deserving of it, so it saddens me to have not seen anything about blu-ray releases to date.
they need you to pay $100 per disc for the DVD's first and then pay another $400 for the inevitable boxset+extras release, after that they'll consider releasing it on bluray so you can pay $100 per disc buying it for the third time
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 15:03   Link #893
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's a music video preview of the 5th movie.
WARNING SPOILER
Spoiler for 5th movie preview:
Old 2009-01-05, 05:25   Link #894
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Did you know there's actually going to be 8 movies? Count 'em:

Spoiler for 1:

Spoiler for 2:

Spoiler for err.. 2:

Spoiler for 4:

Spoiler for 5:

Spoiler for 6:

Spoiler for 7:

Spoiler for 8:

See, 8!
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 05:36   Link #895
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Isn't the seventh novel (and thus I presume the 7th movie) Lio's "Not nothing Heart?"

Unless I'm mistaken somewhere along the line and they are doing the intermission.
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 07:23   Link #896
Malkuth
Banned

The novel had 7 chapters, with last one focusing on Lio. There was an extra chapter released this summer, which was not in the original plan (as far as I can recall) to be made into a movie.

Now if you count prologue, interludes, etc. you can safely go over 10, but I am certain that these won't be separate movies.

My hope is that given the sales and the long intervals between movies they will animate the Möbius stuff from the extra chapter, at least as an OVA.
Old 2009-01-05, 09:24   Link #897
grunty

Japs can't count? (Rio's interlude is already at the end of movie 6, much like the ones after 2 and 4)
grunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 10:05   Link #898
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Amusingly they got all the roman numerals right, just not the bog standard numbers.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 10:06   Link #899
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The novel had 7 chapters, with last one focusing on Lio. There was an extra chapter released this summer, which was not in the original plan (as far as I can recall) to be made into a movie.

Now if you count prologue, interludes, etc. you can safely go over 10, but I am certain that these won't be separate movies.

My hope is that given the sales and the long intervals between movies they will animate the Möbius stuff from the extra chapter, at least as an OVA.
They could animate the Mirai Fukuin epilogue
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 12:22   Link #900
patdzon

Hi. I just watched the 2nd movie and I just want to know why Shiki kept on biting her thumb whenever she saw Mikiya outside her house.

Thanks for the help!!!
patdzon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, type moon