AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 51 Rating
Perfect 10 13 9.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 14.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.21%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 9.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 8.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.73%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.99%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 17.91%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-08, 04:15   Link #101
Echoes

I really did not care for the ending at all. The Kishin ended up being a really lame villain, and having the moral lessons of "having courage and faith in yourself and you can do anything" shoved down my throat was a bit much. The Kishin dying to one punch was just a really lame way to end it, and the fight overall was way too much talk and way too little action. The Kishin never really had a chance to shine, he just messed around for a while before being humiliated. All just my opinion, of course. The show had generally been very enjoyable, so I'm disappointed that they chose to end it like this.

Oh well, can't please everyone, I'm sure others liked it better than I did.
Old 2009-04-08, 13:36   Link #102
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah that was a weak ending. I thought the kishin supposed to be strong and he got beat down by a girl what a shame.
Old 2009-04-08, 14:15   Link #103
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Hum, about the whole "How could Maka be a weapon?!" thing... we've already discussed that months ago on the Maka & Soul thread.

Oh, btw, the subs botched this up. Maka didn't use the Demon Hunter against the Kishin.

Normal technique: Majougari - Witch Hunter
New technique: Majingari - Demon Hunter
Technique used in this episode: Kishingari - Kishin Hunter (The subs subbed this as Demon Hunter for some strange reason.)

Kishingari not working against the Kishin... STRANGE.

I agree, though, this episode was CHEESY.
Old 2009-04-08, 17:51   Link #104
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
Im pretty sure the Kishin hunter couldnt defeat the kishin because he's not a demon. His power derives entirely from insanity.

i could be wrong tho but thats the easiest way to think about how the kishin hunter didnt work and why he broke down in the later half.
Old 2009-04-09, 21:20   Link #105
Kurona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
Hum, about the whole "How could Maka be a weapon?!" thing... we've already discussed that months ago on the Maka & Soul thread.

Oh, btw, the subs botched this up. Maka didn't use the Demon Hunter against the Kishin.

Normal technique: Majougari - Witch Hunter
New technique: Majingari - Demon Hunter
Technique used in this episode: Kishingari - Kishin Hunter (The subs subbed this as Demon Hunter for some strange reason.)

Kishingari not working against the Kishin... STRANGE.

I agree, though, this episode was CHEESY.
Yeah. Why would they name the technique "Kishin Hunter" at all if it doesn't even work on him? Might as well be just the same Demon Hunter. You can't make a new technique named something like that and have it utterly fail. That just makes no sense.
Old 2009-04-09, 21:23   Link #106
Kurona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I think I wanted something like a war where everyone gets to do something. I mean, it just really pissed me off how all my favourite characters (Stein, Crona, Shinigami, Spirit, Marie) had nothing to do, just watch and make the occasional comment. It really made me want to cry. Sheesh.
I totally agree there. Stein and Chrona were among my top favorites. And yet they did absolutely nothing. To justify the series's ending, they should have had all of the main characters (or all of the good characters) defeat the Kishin with courage. Maka could've told them and then they could've summoned up the courage to beat him with some combined "courage" technique or something.
Old 2009-04-09, 23:31   Link #107
Kurona

You know, I think what disappointed me the most was 2nd Opening Theme, "PAPERMOON". The Opening seemed to promise a more gloomy, darker plot-line and fighting sequences than what actually happened. Example, Soul holding a "dead" Maka, and then all of them attacking the red monster (Asura lol.) People probably thought that the Opening would uphold and speak for itself in the anime's ending, or in any of the anime at all, but since it didn't, it was rather disappointing. If the opening was more watered down like the first opening, "Resonance" then it might have been more predictable, or liking. "Resonance" didn't give away any futile or misunderstanding scenes in the opening like "PAPERMOON" did. Maybe that was what let us down in the end, because everyone made assumptions and guessed something along those lines would happen from seeing the questionable scenes in the Second Opening, but didn't. Anyone agree?
Old 2009-04-11, 19:11   Link #108
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Omg the ending ....
It was a great anime until they screwed up with Asura ...
I wanted to vote 9/10 for the anime but it'll be 7/10 . The ending was the worst episode .
Well , the anime don't follow the manga . I'll keep with the manga is better .
Old 2009-04-18, 04:25   Link #109
Wevvy
Sword Dancer

Send a message via MSN to Wevvy
Maka with her weapon form was a surprise.

Asura's defeat was f*cked up.
Old 2009-04-18, 09:22   Link #110
Sezren
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurona View Post
I totally agree there. Stein and Chrona were among my top favorites. And yet they did absolutely nothing. To justify the series's ending, they should have had all of the main characters (or all of the good characters) defeat the Kishin with courage. Maka could've told them and then they could've summoned up the courage to beat him with some combined "courage" technique or something.
Just read post #96 http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...88#post2324988

In order for that to make sense Maka had to be alone and "helpless". Making it a multi person technique would contradict this "courage" thing. It would then not have required "real courage" on part of the participants.
Old 2009-04-18, 11:18   Link #111
Kurona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezren View Post
Just read post #96 http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...88#post2324988

In order for that to make sense Maka had to be alone and "helpless". Making it a multi person technique would contradict this "courage" thing. It would then not have required "real courage" on part of the participants.
Ah, a very good answer. Thanks ^^
Old 2009-04-18, 13:51   Link #112
sbk

Medusa was a much better villain than Asura
Old 2009-04-19, 06:19   Link #113
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk View Post
Medusa was a much better villain than Asura
SO right. And she had a stupid, overly easy death, too.

Ashura was seriously made into some fool in the end.
Old 2009-04-25, 22:35   Link #114
qwertyuiopz

ok...i havent read the manga
and i usually give high ratings
ive heard all the bad stuff about the ending, and thought 'oh it cant be that bad..'
then when i finish the series
it feels like a naruto filler

1/10
honestly...its like they just mashed up a bunch of random stuff and inserted talking for more than half the episode
im going to read the manga now and im already going to make the statement that its better than this ending
Old 2009-05-02, 12:52   Link #115
Ender!
Spiral

Send a message via AIM to Ender! Send a message via MSN to Ender!
Quote:
SO right. And she had a stupid, overly easy death, too.

Ashura was seriously made into some fool in the end.
I hated the final battle with Ashura. He looked like a fool and was going crazy for nothing, and because of that he was defeated.

It was pretty cool how Maka grew scythes and was uber powerful but she beat Ashura by... believing in herself? <<; That only works in Gurren Lagann, sorry Maka.
Old 2009-05-09, 19:25   Link #116
velvet nightmare

one would figure the shinigami to have the power/knowledge to kill the kishin so why was he using the kishin hunter if it's ineffective?

so to begin with the kishin was not in trouble at all?
Old 2009-05-10, 01:21   Link #117
Haladflire65
*Artist

I didn't quite get the point of Kishin Hunter either. Maybe Shinigami's Kishin Hunter's more powerful than Maka's? Remember, Shinigami couldn't hit Ashura directly with the attack like Maka did? But then, how could Maka suddenly be able to use a Shinigami-level attack? *remembers Episode 45 when Maka and Soul were saying that Demon Hunter might be too much for them*
Old 2009-05-10, 01:26   Link #118
velvet nightmare

iirc shinigami and kishin were screwing around with each other until they both decided they'd dragged it on enough and kishin took a shot at his son as a way of saying, your best doesnt mean squat when i take advantage of your weakness so we never really got to see the shinigami's full potential

Quote:
*remembers Episode 45 when Maka and Soul were saying that Demon Hunter might be too much for them*
that would apply to black star and kid as well

the thing is, one could argue that they all had the potential to be absolutely great, ie, black star was white star's son, and kid is from the shinigami bloodline and maka from her mother who invented the thing and the daughter of a death scythe

so that's probably why not a lot of people liked the ending because they suddenly went from nobody's to kishin killers in 1 episode
Old 2009-08-04, 23:00   Link #119
Pineapple_Split

As far as the deaths of Medusa and Asura (and hell, even Arachne) go, I agree completely. They were lame and, most importantly, rushed. Maybe this is just my bias speaking, but I honestly believe they spent too much damn time on all those Excalibur fillers or pointless character development episodes where there really wasn't any character development. Then, when the series started to wind down they realized, "Oh crap, we have five episodes left." So they tied everything up real quick.

Spoiler for 51 ending in a nutshell:

I still love this anime to bits (the earlier episodes, anyway), but I will say that I cried a little inside when I saw what it had devolved into. Which is why I'm fervently hoping that they do NOT make a second season.
Old 2009-08-04, 23:14   Link #120
Shadowhatchi

The thing I hated most about Arachne and Medusa's deaths was the fact that no one had to fight through thier minnions to get to them. I'ev never seen a show where they didn't have to kill the "lackeys" first. Sure they fought Mosquito but he never died. It made Eruka, Mizune, Free, Mosquitio, and Giriko seem pointless. A bit less for Giriko because he had a rival and Justin did distract him from what was going on. To tell the truth I was somewhat expecting a cheesey way for Maka to defeat Asura, but the thing that disapointed me the most was the lack of ending. What happens next? How does Crona coop without having any family? Is she (I know I said she my opinion.) going to move in with Stien and Marie? What about Stien and Marie are they going to start a family together? Too many unanswered questions was a HUGE disappointment.

Allthought this is still my favorite anime, it's the one that caught my eye over the rest for whatever reason. It has my new official favorite villian of all time (Medusa). For that Soul Eater I love you.
Closed Thread