Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 09:09   Link #661
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Do we still not have an episode count yet? At the pace their going, I'm starting to wonder if this is 50 episodes.
I believe DVD count makes it 26 episodes.
Old 2010-07-08, 09:13   Link #662
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Do you know if that is just what has been announced so far or if that is indeed the final count? I haven't even seen 26 anywhere.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 09:42   Link #663
Qikz

If I'm being honest, this is so good I don't mind however long it goes on for. If they keep supplying I'll keep watching. I need to sit down and watch the newest episode tonight.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 10:09   Link #664
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 15:
Old 2010-07-08, 10:18   Link #665
Crontica

Spoiler for 15:
Old 2010-07-08, 12:11   Link #666
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
O god no why????? Why is Bones torturing me. Ever since DTB they have really lost their "touch" and only xam'd in recent history was just passible. God damn stan lee, god damn that old fart.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 20:20   Link #667
Qikz

Spoiler for Latest episode:

Great episode once again. Heroman <3!
Old 2010-07-08, 21:20   Link #668
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
O god no why????? Why is Bones torturing me. Ever since DTB they have really lost their "touch" and only xam'd in recent history was just passible. God damn stan lee, god damn that old fart.
Yeah, it's pretty sad that it takes a wacky animation goon from america to kick some sense back into them.

I haven't seen any decent work from them since Darker than Black and Ghost Hunt.
Old 2010-07-08, 21:33   Link #669
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Spoiler for Latest episode:
And then come the preview and meh.

This is just dumb, Minimi doesn't have any right to the succession of the mission command. That would be the other NIA guy who was Hughes' deputy. The army guys have no reason to follow his orders at all (unless ordered to by the president which he didn't). Now we know the real reason why the army lost against skrugg: overwhelming stupidity.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 21:38   Link #670
Jarmel

How stupid is Minami? Not only did he did he get caught framing a top level agent but he also disobeyed a direct order from the President. If he's military as implied by him taking command then that is grounds for a courtmartial and serious jailtime. There is also no way that his situation of framing Hughes would ever happen as that deputy would take command.

I'm still somewhat impressed by Hughes though as he calmly and rationally explained everything to Joey and got Joey's trust. Not every battle needs to be fought with fists and it seems Hughes understands that.
Old 2010-07-09, 03:27   Link #671
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
and Ghost Hunt.
BONES had nothing to do with Ghost Hunt.
Old 2010-07-09, 03:56   Link #672
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
How stupid is Minami? Not only did he did he get caught framing a top level agent but he also disobeyed a direct order from the President. If he's military as implied by him taking command then that is grounds for a courtmartial and serious jailtime. There is also no way that his situation of framing Hughes would ever happen as that deputy would take command.

I'm still somewhat impressed by Hughes though as he calmly and rationally explained everything to Joey and got Joey's trust. Not every battle needs to be fought with fists and it seems Hughes understands that.
He's definitely not military as he would be called by his rank not doctor. He's just the head of R&D for one of the military contractors. Which made what he manage to do this ep rather bizzar.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 04:33   Link #673
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
He's definitely not military as he would be called by his rank not doctor. He's just the head of R&D for one of the military contractors. Which made what he manage to do this ep rather bizzar.
That's what I figured as well. I was just trying rationalize how he would take command.
Old 2010-07-09, 05:30   Link #674
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Anybody else notice what Minami's plane is?

A V-22 Osprey... Famed for its long, overbudget, accident prone, porkbarrel military weapons project .
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 06:31   Link #675
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
That's what I figured as well. I was just trying rationalize how he would take command.
In the end just have to go back with the original thought, "people are stupid" . I mean apparently all it took was someone that sounded like they had authority to tell them what to do.

But I guess the fear of if this is a remnant of the Skrugg would be enough for most to want to eliminate the threat regardless of who was giving the orders. Must be some good fear since even though Heroman is coloured with the red, white, and blue it wasn't enough to get the soldiers to back off .
Old 2010-07-09, 06:42   Link #676
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

I think the fear comes from them designating Heroman as "Ghost", activating the ghostbuster in them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Anybody else notice what Minami's plane is?

A V-22 Osprey... Famed for its long, overbudget, accident prone, porkbarrel military weapons project .
That was easy, made more famous by Michael Bay as he was the first film-maker to feature that in a movie. By the way, it's no longer accident prone(when you factor in combat experience to total flight time), it's budget is nothing compared to the increasingly sky-rocketing budget of the JSF program, and it's only draw back right now is lack of armament [protection], as it's best weapon is a ramp-mounted 7.62mm or a 12mm gun, which was supposed to be supplemented by a nose-mounted turret but due to gunners experiencing the "video gamer" syndrome it no longer is a recommended solution. Darn you Sec. Def. for breathing on the Marine's neck about the EFV program.

Speaking of Minami, I hope Heroman punches his lights out as it would be a perfect fit for the fool, I feel this guy is taking up valuable story space when there are better stuff to show. I'm not even talking about the lack of Lina/Holly of late

And I've never seen electric cables heat up like that through regular discharge. The only way that would happen if the other end was shorted, so are they telling me the EMP shorts during each shot? This Minami is an even more poorer Doc than I thought he was. Pfft @ external power supply (does anyone remember if that truck was supplying power during the attempted shot at the Black Ball?)

An lawl at Hughes' Treo blowing up yet the Heroman tools didn't (which Minami proceeds to make note about)
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 07:29   Link #677
Qikz

Quote:

I think Hughes knew from when he spoke to the other builders and even Joey that it would of been impossible for Heroman to actually be evil, as he rightfully said, what person who plans world domination helps rebuild a city.
Old 2010-07-09, 07:49   Link #678
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
as he rightfully said, what person who plans world domination helps rebuild a city.
I think the proper question they should've asked was "what destroyer helps rebuild?", which is how I viewed the whole fiasco.

Again, designating it as "Ghost" was a dumb move. Other possiblities are "anomaly", "giant", "alien", "skrugg", .... hey wait a minute
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 07:49   Link #679
ReddyRedWolf

Hughes is at fault here too. I know he used to be lone wolf but when you are on top of the operation's chain of command you assert and not let some civilian take over.

The idiot should have understand of not escalating the situation also. Really framing and ass covering yourself of blame on a boy who saved all of you? If this were the real world people would be calling not only for his head but insist on the President's resignation or impeachment.

Minami is so stupid. This makes him a fugitive.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 08:19   Link #680
Crontica

Yeah, i guess that Hughes mistake was not having a proxy to take over for him if things got weary.

Tags
bones, mecha