AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-23, 15:35   Link #1
BladeMasterZing

Luffy's strength????

I see that Luffy is very strong, not only in terms of using his rubber power but raw muscles.

I do not know where he get his muscles, Zoro train himself everyday, Sanji learns his kicking techniques from Red Leg.

So how did Luffy get his strength? Since the gomu gomu fruit is such a common and one of the weakest devil fruit, how then did Luffy get that enormous strength? Maybe because of his unnatural eating habits? Gomu Gomu fruit increase strength?Hmm.
Old 2003-12-23, 17:14   Link #2
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMasterZing
I see that Luffy is very strong, not only in terms of using his rubber power but raw muscles.

I do not know where he get his muscles, Zoro train himself everyday, Sanji learns his kicking techniques from Red Leg.

So how did Luffy get his strength? Since the gomu gomu fruit is such a common and one of the weakest devil fruit, how then did Luffy get that enormous strength? Maybe because of his unnatural eating habits? Gomu Gomu fruit increase strength?Hmm.
he trained himself a lot before the starting of the anime. When he fights Kuro this dialogue takes place

Kuro: "I see, its not only rubber u have"
Luffy "Tats right, im very well trained"
Old 2003-12-23, 17:25   Link #3
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

+ training with Ace damn he is strong!
Old 2003-12-23, 19:16   Link #4
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

The part that gets the biggest laugh out of me is how dence luffy is. He's strongest of his crew, but dence. But oh brother. Get him mad and that boy does show a twinkle of genious.

Still can't get over how "dumb" they make him out to be. To have gotten as far as he did, he sure couldn't have been all that dumb. But either way he's my favorite charecter in the anime, second only to Nami-Chan.
Old 2003-12-24, 05:50   Link #5
BladeMasterZing

I see

I see, so Luffy did train. But he sure is very thin.

Btw nami is hot but Vivi > Nami in terms of looks =X.
Old 2003-12-24, 06:15   Link #6
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Luffy reminds me of Goku from DB.......both stupid,strong like hell,lazzy, eat every damm time.....and mmm dummb ^_^
Old 2003-12-24, 07:40   Link #7
Jn183

What u talking about stupid/dumb. Didn't you saw the Arlong arc where Luffy was doing that windmill after seeing that guy thingy majig. BTW, who care about VIVI, that annoying gal, when u have herrrrrrr with her cowgirl hat.
Old 2003-12-24, 08:42   Link #8
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Ah, Ms. All Sunday. Yeah, she's perty cute, but I still don't think she can top Nami.

And what windmill are you talking about in the Arlong arc?
Old 2003-12-24, 09:07   Link #9
Nine Devil

When Luffy saw the windmill on Gen-san's head and he found it that cool and made a attack from it.With putting his feet in ground hehehe he was stuck don't remember ?
Old 2003-12-24, 22:35   Link #10
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!! Right, now I remember. You're talking about the pinwheel. When you said windmill I'm thinking of one of those huge things the dutch use. But yeah, I know what you're talking about. The pinwheel on his hat.

EDIT: Thinking about that, I find it funny that Luffy was able to punch his feet into the concrete and do that attack, yet he wasn't able to pull his feet out. Sounds kinda silly to me. *shrug*
Old 2003-12-24, 23:10   Link #11
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!! Right, now I remember. You're talking about the pinwheel. When you said windmill I'm thinking of one of those huge things the dutch use. But yeah, I know what you're talking about. The pinwheel on his hat.

EDIT: Thinking about that, I find it funny that Luffy was able to punch his feet into the concrete and do that attack, yet he wasn't able to pull his feet out. Sounds kinda silly to me. *shrug*
Yeah you would think he would be able to just pull his feet out, or at the very least just punch the concrete into pieces to free himself.
Old 2003-12-25, 12:08   Link #12
Jn183

I think he was quite confident that he doesn't need to pull his feet out to beat them. Luffy is very confident. Beside that make the whole fight more suspend. Also, when I post that windmill stuff I was half serious. Oh yeah, Luffy isn't the smartest guy in the world that was why he had to look for comrade. Now time to list when Luffy was smart :
1. When they enter Grand Line Luffy was an easy going guy. Therefore, he was able to stay focus and could think up of using the canon to slow down the ship. However, he did piss off the Whale but b/c something precious to him was broken. He would always protect something that is important to him
2. Beating the crap out of Coby to let the marine think they are not friend.
3. Tickling Buggy's foot, I think, to save nami from being stabbed.
4. Kept on letting Don hit him with the spear just to break it since it seem there was no other choice.
5. Using Mr. 3 wax leg cuff to break the Candle cake. However, we all know it just speed up but he should get a pts for thinking of that. Instead of allowing, Mr. 3 and the other to prevent him from doing nothing about it.
Enough about those minor thing he did that could be quite creative. Now here comes the main reason why Luffy is so smart, in the order of ok to best achievement of Luffy:
6. Having Usopp as one of his crew, just for the fun of it.
5. Having Sanji, a very good fighter and a very good cook. Which pirates have that?
4. The lovely Nami, a bossy but very smart person. Also, is a very good navigator. Can't find someone like that around too often.
3. The lovely
Spoiler:

2. The great Choppa, a very adorable guy with great voice. Also, strong enough to fight here and there. And best of all, he is a
Spoiler:

1. Now everyone has to agree with me this is the best and finest and smartest thing Luffy ever did by recruiting the great ZORO
Old 2003-12-25, 12:21   Link #13
Nine Devil

Yes if there was no Zoro their wouldn't be a One piece he is just so cool and thnx to him we met Mihawk!
Old 2003-12-25, 13:47   Link #14
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Chopper is the funniest and coolest character in Luffy's group. Point.

About where Luffy got his strength: simply from training his fruit powers. When you eat a Devil Fruit, you don't necessarely need to train your physical and mental strength- even though they help. You just have to train your fruit powers to its maximum, like Luffy's doing during the series and Crocodile and Eneru already done so.
Old 2003-12-25, 16:49   Link #15
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

yes zoro is the best!

luffy was supposedly strong since he was a little kid. Or at least he was very confident of his strenght. "My punch is like a pistol!"
Old 2003-12-25, 17:52   Link #16
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Yea, Luffy is very strong even without the devil fruit power. And as for Zoro, he just rocks. And Vicious is correct, Luffy trained his powers and now he can use them in so many different ways that his power has become extremely large.
Old 2003-12-25, 18:04   Link #17
Nine Devil

Eneru is the guy from Sky piea hmm wasn't he a god heheh gotta read more
Old 2003-12-25, 18:21   Link #18
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Eneru is the guy from Sky piea hmm wasn't he a god heheh gotta read more
He isn't a "God".

God is simply the name used for the ruler of Skypiea, its governor. In other words, Eneru's simply Skypiea's president.

Even though Eneru isn't from Skypiea. He came from another country from the sky, as said by Gon Fouru.

We have yet to see a real God, if it exists after all.
Old 2003-12-25, 21:57   Link #19
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Ya know, for as strong as Zoro's teeth are, I bet he has one heck of a happy, and very poor, dentist.

Either that or Zoro is a bio-mech in disguise.
Old 2003-12-25, 22:31   Link #20
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Ya know, for as strong as Zoro's teeth are, I bet he has one heck of a happy, and very poor, dentist.

Either that or Zoro is a bio-mech in disguise.
he would make his doctor poor too.

"I said i dont need to go to the doctor... im fine!"
the crew seemed to never have gotten sick in their life. (besides nami and maybe Robin)
Closed Thread