AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-01, 12:23   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Fate/Zero - Spoilers & Speculation (for Light Novel and Drama CD public only)

This thread is for the experienced Fate/Zero viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with the Light Novel and Drama CD), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Fate/Zero anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a light novel / Drama CD virgin of Fate/Zero, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the Fate/Zero speculation Thread).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the light novel / Drama CD, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a light novel / Drama CD discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-10-14 at 18:55.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 13:20   Link #2
Auria

No post's here yet? That was unexpected.

Anyway, I don't think they portrayed the intensity of the relationship between Kariya and the Tohsakas enough, so I hope they'll add something later or I suspect anime-only viewers will be like "What did he order Berserker to do.. he is exaggerating" Oh and based on the CMs I'd say they already animated quite a bit of the battle at the park.
Curious how they'll introduce Ryuunosuke.
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 13:53   Link #3
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
No post's here yet? That was unexpected.

Anyway, I don't think they portrayed the intensity of the relationship between Kariya and the Tohsakas enough, so I hope they'll add something later or I suspect anime-only viewers will be like "What did he order Berserker to do.. he is exaggerating" Oh and based on the CMs I'd say they already animated quite a bit of the battle at the park.
Curious how they'll introduce Ryuunosuke.
whats there to speculate, those who read the LN already knows whats going to happen.

Anyway i am most interested in the meeting of the Three Kings.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2011-10-03 at 14:15.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 14:04   Link #4
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The idea is to discuss how they will portray certain things or not. It is also a convenient place where you can share opinions about things that may be critical for the future.

Aside of the 3 kings reunion, I will definitely look foward to Lancelot VS Gilgamesh battle, which will be hilarious considering how things will turn out.
Also quite curious how people will react to Kiritsugu letting Kayneth die like a scrub, forcing Saber to end his misery.
Old 2011-10-03, 14:18   Link #5
Kaiba

I'm highly interested in their depiction of Kiritsugu. The first episode really didn't show WHAT he's after specifically ( they took out that line where he basically says to himself "Screw you Acht, I have my own reasons for the Grail to bring peace"), and judging from how some of the non-novel readers have reacted, they seem to view Kiritsugu as nothing more than an ordinary hitman. Combined with the fact that he's going to do all sorts of fairly nasty stuff before his "War is hell" speech, and it'll be interesting to see how they see it.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 19:00   Link #6
LostHanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
Anyway, I don't think they portrayed the intensity of the relationship between Kariya and the Tohsakas enough
I agree, but with 25 episodes they're sure to make it a little more clear.

So far I'm fairly pleased with the adaption, I expected some lines to be missing in important dialogue and there was a lot of that, but overall it's an excellent start.

Want to see more of dat Kariya
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 13:43   Link #7
Seihai
スマイリウム

I look forward to Berserker's cringing voice as he spots Saber for the first time. I want to hear something like Shadow from Tales of Symphonia, but more sinister and less fluent. Ahhh and dat iron pole, gib me some epic animation and fighting choreography.
Old 2011-10-04, 16:43   Link #8
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I look forward to Berserker's cringing voice as he spots Saber for the first time. I want to hear something like Shadow from Tales of Symphonia, but more sinister and less fluent. Ahhh and dat iron pole, gib me some epic animation and fighting choreography.
i thought berserker didn't say a word when he saw saber. He just started to throw stuff at her.
Old 2011-10-04, 17:28   Link #9
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Hopefully the motorcycle chase looks good. Thats one of my favorite scenes in the novel.
Old 2011-10-05, 01:29   Link #10
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i thought berserker didn't say a word when he saw saber. He just started to throw stuff at her.
Because it was moans, not words.

Quote:
Stared at by those eyes dyed the color of malice, Saber felt a chill bustling through her spine.

"... Ur..."

The voice seemed to boil from the ground. Like a spell, like a curse, it was a moan full of malice that hardly resembled human speech.

This was the voice of Berserker, the first time the others heard it.

"... Ar... Ur... h!!"

Like a curse with a human shape, swelling from the murderous intent, the black knight charged at the silver King of Knights.
Old 2011-10-05, 01:30   Link #11
Kagayaki

So are we expecting ep2 to go until the end of act 2?
Old 2011-10-05, 05:09   Link #12
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Hopefully the motorcycle chase looks good. Thats one of my favorite scenes in the novel.
Well with ufotable's CGI powers they should be able to manage that. Archibald's mercury should also be impressive in that case

My prediction before about how far they've animated is maybe a bit off.. Rewatching the previews, there are scenes even further into the novel, like Rin using the compass, and Saber's words here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zleR50v690k#t=1m19s) is as far as I can remember exactly the wording she used when she accepted to go into the "wine-battle". While I'm not exactly sure if some studios get the voiced lines before they animate, I believe it's the other way around mostly and I'm looking forward to their carefully planned out spending of budget
Old 2011-10-05, 08:45   Link #13
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
So are we expecting ep2 to go until the end of act 2?
Most likely. Everything in the preview revealed that it'll cover everything in Act 2 up to Archer and Tokiomi's discussion, so just finishing up Act 2 entirely should be neater.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 01:13   Link #14
LostHanyou

Pace is going very well, we can probably expect Volume 1 to be finished by episode 4, unless they spread out the fights a bit in the next few episodes.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 22:11   Link #15
Archer

The episode title "Land of Winter Trees" probably implies that we're going to get some Irisviel backstory, perhaps during her arrival at Fuyuki.

Of course, the preview also shows that we're going to be seeing Saber vs Lancer next week, so that should be amazing with ufotable's animation.
Old 2011-10-09, 23:12   Link #16
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
The episode title "Land of Winter Trees" probably implies that we're going to get some Irisviel backstory, perhaps during her arrival at Fuyuki.

Of course, the preview also shows that we're going to be seeing Saber vs Lancer next week, so that should be amazing with ufotable's animation.
...And the female Assasin I guess?
Old 2011-10-10, 02:29   Link #17
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post

Just for the record, the name of the city (Fuyuki) is written with the characters for Winter and Tree so...yeah :P
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 08:10   Link #18
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Just for the record, the name of the city (Fuyuki) is written with the characters for Winter and Tree so...yeah :P
... Well, okay then
Old 2011-10-13, 19:42   Link #19
chibipicpic

I'm looking forward to anything involving Berserker, since we don't see him very often. I'm especially looking forward to the Berserker fighter jet scene (because it's just so ridiculous that I NEED to see it.)

I'm wondering how much of the dialogue between Gilgamesh and Kirei they're going to keep in. They get into some pretty intense, long conversations that essentially set up why they ended up together and why I assume Tokiomi died (I didn't finish reading the 4th LN and stopped after Kiritsugu's backstory, so I don't know the details.) I know they can't keep all of it in (not that I would want to), but I'll be interested to see how they handle it. They're obviously not afraid to get exposition heavy, and by that point the viewers are already vested in the series.

And just one particular scene, how Lancer looks after he realizes he's been betrayed and shouts at Kayneth, I hope they can make that as powerful as it was in the LN. But I think the series is in very good hands so far, so I'll be waiting in anticipation.
chibipicpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 08:42   Link #20
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibipicpic View Post
And just one particular scene, how Lancer looks after he realizes he's been betrayed and shouts at Kayneth, I hope they can make that as powerful as it was in the LN. But I think the series is in very good hands so far, so I'll be waiting in anticipation.
Looking forward to this scene (and the complex around it, especially the confrontation between Saber and Kiritsugu afterwards) as well. Wondering how they'll handle this lenghty talks as well (I think one in the Sound Drama was around 20 minutes long o_O) but they'll cut a fair amount since they spoke of some extra scenes in the beginning.. though it would be interessting to see what extra material Urobuchi can provide I wouldn't mind them throwing away that idea to cover the talks a bit better.

Ep 3 pictures: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/415/415644/
I read somewhere on a japanese blog the fight was supposed to be episodes 4-5 anyway, so yeah, more buildup <3