AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-06, 23:45   Link #81
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

The Eva of Shoujo-ai... You're tempting me dreamless. I suppose after that I'll have to hit the two seasons of Maria-sama ga Miteru?

Well, my current load of anime, as you can see in my signature won't allow me to see those very easily. I'll have to wait for Xmas, I bet I'll be able to blitz through all three by then.

Anyway, back to the topic, who's Tsubasa? Is it a character who hasn't shown up yet?
Old 2004-10-07, 00:17   Link #82
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma

Well, my current load of anime, as you can see in my signature won't allow me to see those very easily.
....really envy ppl who got a lot to watch. I am only "considering" two series this season: Ute Kata and Mai Hime. These two are not that impressive. It's more like "if I drop these two, I have nothing to watch, new series, that is." Of course, the new season has just begun. I might change my mind when something good pops up.

I just finished watching BoogiePop Phantom. Great show, love it. I just have to watch it again so I can understand the show.
Old 2004-10-07, 00:24   Link #83
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Also it seems there's a lot of influence from Hatsuki of Yamibou on Chikane. (except that maybe Hatsuki is not as aggressive towards Eve as Chikane towards Himeko )
What are you talking about?! Hatsuki was actually shy and sensitive...Chikane is attack, attack, attack!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 00:51   Link #84
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Anyway, back to the topic, who's Tsubasa? Is it a character who hasn't shown up yet?
I think Tsubasa is that cute cool guy who enjoys a smoking after slaughtering all those people in the Navy Headquarters The last Orochi member appears in the "awakening" scene.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 00:54   Link #85
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
....really envy ppl who got a lot to watch. I am only "considering" two series this season: Ute Kata and Mai Hime. These two are not that impressive. It's more like "if I drop these two, I have nothing to watch, new series, that is." Of course, the new season has just begun. I might change my mind when something good pops up.

I just finished watching BoogiePop Phantom. Great show, love it. I just have to watch it again so I can understand the show.
You should pity me instead. That list is proof that I really have no life outside of my college Computer Technology program and anime. No girlfriend, no friends, no other hobbies. Anime has basically taken over my life.

Ok, that's a big exaggeration, but I'm sure you get the point. (Un)fortunately, that list can only continue to grow.

But guest, you really should consider this series too!! All hail Himeko, Chikane... but more importantly... Oogami Souma!!
Old 2004-10-07, 00:58   Link #86
TrueKnight

Just watch the 1st ep. This show was just wrong. The scenes were frigginly mixed up. And wtf with the combination of brutal mecha and lesbians. Blegh.....that's why I'll keep watching this . Damn...
The art was so nice......the girls are really beautifully drawn, the mechas are out of place although I have to admit it's really neat, Oogami's cool and not useless, Chikane and Himeko lesbianising each other...omg.

Alot of Yamibou references. Although I'm not the fan of Yamibou itself (Watched it only for the sake of Hatsuki) because of the uber odd plot .

Anyway, this anime's gonna flood my HD along with bleach and my hime.

and about the

Spoiler:

omg................. @_@
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 01:15   Link #87
BuGGY!!

Oogami is so clueless

here he is, killing some mecha and yelling out "No one hurts my Himeko!" while right behind him, Himeko is gettin lesbian action.

Go Oogami !
BuGGY!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 01:18   Link #88
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I believe we'll be greeted with much much more HLA by the time this gem is through.
Old 2004-10-07, 01:37   Link #89
TrueKnight

Quote:
I believe we'll be greeted with much much more HLA by the time this gem is through.
Who knows. Maybe this will be another harem animes, and they could make Chikane into a bisexual, man that'll be so rock. Go Oogami!

.........did I just said that??

*head explodes*
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 02:00   Link #90
LytHka
Banned

I am very much thrilled over the KOTOKO - agony ending song. L33tness of KOTOKO as it appeared in Onegai Teacher and Twins. I have to compliment the art of the anime and a (somewhat weird but) good placement of mecha in the series.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 02:11   Link #91
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGGY!!
Oogami is so clueless

here he is, killing some mecha and yelling out "No one hurts my Himeko!" while right behind him, Himeko is gettin lesbian action.

Go Oogami !
That's what made it so funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
I am very much thrilled over the KOTOKO - agony ending song. L33tness of KOTOKO as it appeared in Onegai Teacher and Twins. I have to compliment the art of the anime and a (somewhat weird but) good placement of mecha in the series.
Oh yes, I absolutely love KOTOKO - agony and have played the song over and over again..can't wait to hear what the opening is like if the ED is this good already!

By the way, cute Mint avatar. ^_^
Old 2004-10-07, 02:37   Link #92
LytHka
Banned

I also have to give props to Static-Subs for their very entertaining karaoke ED. I am already feeling sorry for not working on this project. *sigh* I just love KOTOKO too much. >: )

I can barely wait for the OP. It's a KOTOKO one, or so I've read.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 02:43   Link #93
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
ya this show made no sense... 1st half was part Marimite rip off part love triangle setup ala Kimi ga blah blah... then the 2nd part is like "zomg, we got EVA mechs fighting" I dunno about this show... but ya at least KOTOKO is doing the op/ed so that alone will keep me intrested XD... Ya to echo what was previously said, nice karoke sfx Static, that was DEAD on =p
SCR512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 03:59   Link #94
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Holy, I've just seen the manga...we'll be able to see 'that scene' in five or so episodes!

Spoiler for that scene:
Old 2004-10-07, 04:06   Link #95
fairx
I'mdafootfuckin'masta!

Quote:

Timeless classic huh? I've never even heard about it until now. I might check it out.
In time..
my fren..
someday.. Yamibou
will
become
a
true
cult classics

fairx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 04:14   Link #96
fairx
I'mdafootfuckin'masta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Holy, I've just seen the manga...we'll be able to see 'that scene' in five or so episodes!

Spoiler for that scene:
quote from "Orgasmo"

xx: Jesus Christ!
yy: Where? (reffering to JC)

in my case: Where? (can we get the manga..?)
fairx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 04:15   Link #97
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairx
In time..
my fren..
someday.. Yamibou
will
become
a
true
cult classics

I think it already is quite a cult classic? I've already seen people claiming Yamibou to be a "divine piece of art" or something
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 07:44   Link #98
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
except that EVA has maybe not too good an ending while Yamibou has maybe one of the best endings of anime series in recent years.
Aren't you a little sarcastic ?

Seems everybody is waiting for the.. flute part.
There will be a riot if it finally is not included in the show.

Very cool mechas, indeed. The "Techno-magical" look feels very close to Escaflowne.
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 09:22   Link #99
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak

Spoiler for that scene:
I'm so gonna wait for it
Old 2004-10-07, 11:13   Link #100
Yxy
chaunen...

Add another one looking forward to the flute, or trumpet, thing, or whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis
I'm so gonna wait for it
Yxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, mecha, romance, shounen, yuri