Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-13, 05:18   Link #81
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
As far as I know, RA1 did take itself serious. In that way they changed the whole series.
do you remember the mini-campaign where you fight gigantic ants

and half the missions in counterstrike, for that matter

if RA wasn't silly to begin with it certainly became silly before RA2
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 05:52   Link #82
othera

This game is AWSOME <3<3<3

But the online SUCKS, takes like 3 hours to find a game -.-''
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 09:40   Link #83
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
do you remember the mini-campaign where you fight gigantic ants

and half the missions in counterstrike, for that matter

if RA wasn't silly to begin with it certainly became silly before RA2
Talking about the campaign itself. The ants were very silly of course, but it wasn't part of the "main story".
As for the counterstrike missions, I don't recall them being that odd, but it's been long since I played those.
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 09:51   Link #84
KBTKaiser

You have to admit that they've come a long way from Puzzle Missions in C&C The Covert Operations.(Save, mess up, reload, progress, lather rinse repeat)
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 11:03   Link #85
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
You have to admit that they've come a long way from Puzzle Missions in C&C The Covert Operations.(Save, mess up, reload, progress, lather rinse repeat)
Heh, reminds me of one of the C&C: Covert Operations GDI missions where NOD would launch their nuclear missile as soon as you built your first advanced guard tower, and always on the tower itself.
Old 2008-11-13, 18:15   Link #86
Jintor

Considering the entire series began when a time-travelling Einstein went back in time and assassinated Hitler, allowing the Soviet Union to roll ridiculously large tanks into the west and hold territory with gigantic electricity-spewing coils, it's just kinda continuing the hilarity.

Bears or Dogs really should have had different secondary abilities though, at the moment the only diffference is one's faster and the other's tougher. Maybe a speed-up secondary like the Japanese Engie.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 18:40   Link #87
Sheep

I always thought of it as an interesting plot though, even though I dislike time travelling.

If my history teacher was correct, Hitler's Germany stood between the rest of Europe and the Russians, whom most Europeans feared back then. RA portrayed an alternative World War 2. Of course, the tesla coils, chronosphere etc. were unlikely, but at least the tanks looked like tanks.

Do note I'm not flaming any of you here though, in case anyone misunderstood my posts. I'm only saying RA3 disappointed me. You might like it.
Old 2008-11-13, 23:15   Link #88
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
I always thought of it as an interesting plot though, even though I dislike time travelling.

If my history teacher was correct, Hitler's Germany stood between the rest of Europe and the Russians, whom most Europeans feared back then. RA portrayed an alternative World War 2. Of course, the tesla coils, chronosphere etc. were unlikely, but at least the tanks looked like tanks.

Do note I'm not flaming any of you here though, in case anyone misunderstood my posts. I'm only saying RA3 disappointed me. You might like it.
You're right, RA1 did take itself fairly seriously. It was actually part of the overall CNC canon. RA2 was a completely different storyline that assumed RA1 never took place, or at least, completely threw away its story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
High levels of play = late game, or skill level?
Skill level. Sadly, most games never get past T2.

ATM it's mainly because Sickles are ridiculous. Infantry can't touch their jump, and T1 weapons currently kill harvesters only a second or two faster than their T2 counterparts, which is just wrong.

Really, there's just so much wrong with this game I don't know if it's fixable. The economy is completely retarded, because if you lose a harvester you're completely boned because of the tight gating. You lose a miner in Starcraft, whoopy doo, you lose a miner in Warcraft 3, boo hoo, you lose a miner in CNC3, oh noez, but you lose a miner in RA3 and it's total GG because chances are, that's 50% of your income being lost for a long time.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 10:05   Link #89
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I'm trying to find where the hell I read it, but I seem to remember an interview with the developers a while back, and they stated that the style of RA3 (and RA2) was actually what the original RA was supposed to be like, but given the limited graphical resources at the time they couldn't accomplish that.

Now to see if I can actually remember where I saw that...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 11:29   Link #90
Skane
Anime Snark

Thumbs up

Just got the Premier Edition of RA3 and started out with the tutorial as per my tradition with all new games, and I was laughing so much from the comedic absurdity of the presentation. I have honestly never experienced going through a tutorial and enjoying it so much like this before.

"They're robots. Honest."

One of the things I like about the RA-franchise is that I have always derived a lot of fun from playing through their campaigns, and judging from the tutorials alone, I am in for a wild ride.

Also digging the soundtrack.

ADD]

"Don't go crazy selling off structures though. What would your friends think if you failed a tutorial mission?"

Cheers.

Last edited by Skane; 2008-11-18 at 12:37.
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 07:16   Link #91
Westlo
Lets be reality

The Expansion pack is officially awesome

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 21:13   Link #92
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
OMG!!! it can't be,Ric Flair as Commander Hill. Hopefully he say wooooo!!! in those cut scene.
Old 2009-02-11, 22:22   Link #93
Nosauz

loved the campaign great C&C live action, also the whole UN campaign rocked, but I do have to say online was pretty depressing but hey overall the single player was definitely interesting, plus george tekai did some great acting, also david hasselhoff is win.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 03:14   Link #94
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
OMG!!! it can't be,Ric Flair as Commander Hill. Hopefully he say wooooo!!! in those cut scene.
He already did, you can see some videos of him on the official website.

[Clicky]