AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 4 4.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 15.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 27.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 13.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 8.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-03, 10:56   Link #41
Kristen
*Author

When something works in the first season (Action, complex plot, fast moving storyline, with romane intertwined), why not try to do something different so it doesn't?

This episode was frustrating. In fact, this entire season has been. If I wanted to see people fighting over the love of one person, I'd be watching Myself;Yourself now (Which I do. ). Shana is not a romance comedy, nor is it a harem adaptation. It is an action series. And so far, I am still waiting for this action.

1 episode was OK. 2 episodes was a bit annoying, but it can work. 3 episodes of this gets on my nerves.
Old 2007-11-03, 11:08   Link #42
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
Hm does anyone feel that Majery looked a lot better in Season 2 compared to 1? I didn't really like the way she looked in Season 1, but currently in Seasno 2 somehow, she looked much more cuter and prettier. <_<.
they changed the art director for this season, so you may just like this guy's overall style choices better.
Old 2007-11-03, 11:25   Link #43
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
they changed the art director for this season, so you may just like this guy's overall style choices better.
Or maybe girls who are drunk 24/7 turns them on

Even though I got a good dose of Wilma this episode, I wouldn't mind some frenzied angry Margery kicking butt. Would be easy for them to do, just bring in the silver armour Tomogara.

I find it really amusing that Alastor has more insight into human needs then Wilma does. I love his voice, but what would make my day is if a crimson lord with Onsokumaru doing the voice turned up.
Old 2007-11-03, 11:37   Link #44
anselfir
Style Über Alles

haha this Delicious HECATE affair si such a tease.
Old 2007-11-03, 12:05   Link #45
Jhono1

ZZZzzz... Get on whit the show already, this is turning out to be pretty damn slow at the moment, and very annoying compared to the first season. It better pick up speed soon or Im quite sure that I'll drop it for a better "romance" show.
Old 2007-11-03, 12:24   Link #46
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I find it really amusing that Alastor has more insight into human needs then Wilma does. I love his voice, but what would make my day is if a crimson lord with Onsokumaru doing the voice turned up.
That would be so amusing
*thumbs up*
Old 2007-11-03, 12:45   Link #47
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well even if "this wasnt what i sign up for" type of situation i pretty much enjoyed the development in the end
i should laugh at how funny Wilhelmina's creation turned out but be yet seeing her bandaged fingers and mess look...i couldnt bring myself to chuckle...that scene was really sweet with shana accepting that this is something Wilhelmina made with all her heart and i bet she was touched as well knowing that it isnt good at all...heart melting scene ^^

but really...more fighting plz O.O

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-03, 13:10   Link #48
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
This episode was frustrating. In fact, this entire season has been. If I wanted to see people fighting over the love of one person, I'd be watching Myself;Yourself now (Which I do. ). Shana is not a romance comedy, nor is it a harem adaptation. It is an action series. And so far, I am still waiting for this action.
It is NOT an action series - that's second to the romance priority. After all, you have a girl who was taught how to preserve balance in the world and yet not how to deal with emotions of love. It can't get any better than that.

I agree, Fumina is annoying, but let's wait it out a while. (Episode 6 will be trouble in my opinion).
Old 2007-11-03, 13:23   Link #49
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/pikuotaku&article_id=12905501

Taken from piku's Shana blog. It's in Chinese, but just the screenshots alone reveal a lot.

In this episode's eyecatch, upon zoom in of Wilhelmina's cup noodle, we see a hidden message:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Message
MINNASAMA OTUKARESAMA
DESU SHYNA MO 2KININA
RIMASITE MATA MATA
NENMATU NENSI ISO
GASISOUDESKDO
DOUZO YOROSIKU
DESU
Reading it out gets this:
みんな様お疲れ様です。シャナも二期なりまして、またまた年末年始忙しそうけど、どうぞよろし くです。

"Thanks for the hard work. When Shana II begins, we're going have to slave it for the whole year, but keep it up!"

This sounds like a memo towards the animators themselves to pull their socks up.
Old 2007-11-03, 13:25   Link #50
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Ok this starting to get annoying, put aside the lack of action, the main problem is that the plot is going nowhere! For last 3 episodes all we saw was how dense Yuji is, and I don't want to see that anymore. Something better happen soon or I am going to start punching people .
Old 2007-11-03, 13:29   Link #51
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Reading it out gets this:
みんな様お疲れ様です。シャナも二期なりまして、またまた年末年始忙しそうけど、どうぞよろし くです。

"Thanks for the hard work. When Shana II begins, we're going have to slave it for the whole year, but keep it up!"

This sounds like a memo towards the animators themselves to pull their socks up.
well that's interesting.

wonder if this image was the actual memo or if this was more of an injoke (and there were a bunch of noodle cups with that written on it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
Ok this starting to get annoying, put aside the lack of action, the main problem is that the plot is going nowhere! For last 3 episodes all we saw was how dense Yuji is, and I don't want to see that anymore. Something better happen soon or I am going to start punching people .
lack of action? we've had 3 weeks of tomogara fights and training sequences every week (minus week 1).
Old 2007-11-03, 13:31   Link #52
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
After a particular question of mine was answered with a novel illustration, I know why they're stalling.
Old 2007-11-03, 14:22   Link #53
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Looks like im not the only one losing my patience
something better happen soon!
I wanna see some more stuff with Bal Masque and there plan argh!
Old 2007-11-03, 14:51   Link #54
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
This harem shit is not really very pleasing to me. Fumina or whatever should never have existed.
Old 2007-11-03, 15:07   Link #55
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Thoughts of this

The Konoe Fumina issue has presented multiple questions in regards to the Balle Masque in this episode: mansion's hostory as stated by Ogata, the bracelets that the butler and Konoe wear, and the empty interior rooms that Yuji noticed.

The bracelets can't be Hougu at all. Yuji would've have sensed it at close-range. There are other tools and artifacts in the Guze that aren't Hougu at all. The bracelets could be suppression devices of sorts, perhaps made by Dantalion or some other source.

By the way, I wonder on how Wilhelmina would fare on the show Hell's Kitchen with that cabbage?

I don't know if Gordon Ramsay is going to die either by Wilhelmina's cooking or getting skewered by the Flame Haze's ribbons if he ranted a bunch of expletives at her.
Old 2007-11-03, 15:15   Link #56
taelrak

Probably, it's not so much the lack of "action" that's annoying as the lack of any real development in any particular area. The "fights" in the 1st couple of episodes didn't really serve much purpose (as far as we can tell at the moment) - and seem more like filler fights just for the sack of having something to fight--even if it was in the novels. Although they introduced the notion of a the keeper, there wasn't a need to devote 2 entire episodes to it.

Building up the tension and the relationship is nice, but there was already an entire episode devoted to it, and now there are 2, and looks like next week will be yet another devoted entirely to the same issue....

And part of the problem is that so many of the issues and dilemmas people are facing have already been done in the first season--and been resolved to a small degree. Yet, we see Shana acting exactly like she did in the 1st season, and Sakai hasn't matured at all from his over-righteous mentality either.

Ah well.
Old 2007-11-03, 15:21   Link #57
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder about Wilhelmina's social misfitness.

She must have been in her late teens, early twenties at the very least before becoming a Flame Haze (counting on the Middle Age people getting older faster...) How could she forget about food? Margery didn't forget what it means to be human...

Also, in all her centuries of mostly living on her own, Wilhelmina never learnt the basics of cooking?
Old 2007-11-03, 15:27   Link #58
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder about Wilhelmina's social misfitness.

She must have been in her late teens, early twenties at the very least before becoming a Flame Haze (counting on the Middle Age people getting older faster...) How could she forget about food? Margery didn't forget what it means to be human...

Also, in all her centuries of mostly living on her own, Wilhelmina never learnt the basics of cooking?
Well I doubt Margery knows how to cook either, and I doubt she's as old as Wilhelmina

Still, Wilhelmina is just odd. Even the oldest flame haze guy was more in tune with contemporary human practices than her--but then he actually travels from human city to city, whereas I guess she was just isolated for centuries.

I'm also going to venture the theory that a typical young girl in the middle ages would not have been able to be exposed fine dining. She probably would never have been able to even eat meat save for the rare annual village festivals unless she had quite a lot of social status, which may be unlikely.

She has a point though--a variety of foods isn't very practical or even necessary as long as you have the essentials. I'm sure Shana didn't really care about variety before she met Sakai either.

Maybe she just carries cup ramen with her everywhere she goes!
Old 2007-11-03, 15:31   Link #59
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I guess the big parts are watching Wilhelmina work on her cooking. She is trying hard and am proud of any progress. Nice to at least see Shana at least getting along with her again by the end.

Do hope things are going to progess some in the future episodes. At least it seems Margery will get up from the couch for a bit. Some fights that feel like they really mean something or are pushing the characters wouldn't hurt.
Old 2007-11-03, 15:38   Link #60
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well I guess the big parts are watching Wilhelmina work on her cooking. She is trying hard and am proud of any progress. Nice to at least see Shana at least getting along with her again by the end.

Do hope things are going to progess some in the future episodes. At least it seems Margery will get up from the couch for a bit. Some fights that feel like they really mean something or are pushing the characters wouldn't hurt.
It's kind of scary that the end result is actually "progress".

Still, considering the level attention to detail she has, it's completely implausible that she couldn't learn how to cook something when being taught by someone who knows how to cook...

I mean, this whole thing about "pouring your love into the food you cook" aside (who ever came up with that one?), learning how to cook from scratch is just a matter of being careful and paying attention to the details--and Wilhelmina has plenty of both traits.
Closed Thread