AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 21 32.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-18, 03:07   Link #61
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
I blurted out Kawaii 30+ times in the duration of this episode...
I think I OMG too many time in my head. Jaw drop was also present mainly at the wedding gown and black dress. The GIF of them walking down the hall indefinite times since it's looped makes me watch in astonishment really.

They should have done this part=>
Spoiler:
It would have made more emphasis even if it was a artistic render at the end after the Miya/cat and Sae/Penguin part. It would have been so cute just to Sae older with a nice belly. Well it would have made for something more in the anime that was never there.
Old 2010-09-18, 04:32   Link #62
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

For me this Arc had too many negative points to fully enjoy it.
1-Her voice is weird (seriously her voice is the most weird voice i have heard and i have hatched a lot of animes.

2-The Narrator (It felt out of place plus he wasn`t funny at least to me)

3- I think that it could have been better if they showed a change of Sae`s personality even if it was a little bit this was the last ep of the arc yet she still spoke really quietly (I don`t like her voice but i would have liked if she raised her voice to me that would have been an indication that she really grew as a person and gained more self confidence.)

4-What happened to the the unusual body spot kiss? i was waiting for it the entire arc and nothing,i suppose the writers ran out of ideas for this arc.

5- Sae being Moe isn`t enough for me to overlook all this
Old 2010-09-18, 05:17   Link #63
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb Episode with subs....some interesting thoughs running through

Funny thing ran through my mind and this also the only time with the subs that the author made me laugh with the kind of reaction...."Yeah you sure with the way he was that you want him?" here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/6e2294f2.jpg
I was completely about to change how I though upon hearing Sae saying this=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/51746903.jpg
Realizing only that I got punked with her affirming the following=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/d6e93add.jpg
At least through this I realized that truth be that your own efforts are realized and that her marriage will be a much happier one in the future for one reason: she did the dress herself and is proud of it! Ok don't ask why thoughts were passing through me but I was at Umehara saying this=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/7975dd83.jpg
But I did laugh out more when one guy in the audience did say this=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/53d84b15.jpg
At Morishima's statement here......"Doing the threesome at home Haruka might we think?"=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/42c86115.jpg
I agree 100% with this statement=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/8600e2b3.jpg
because I though anyways that Haruka was more in the mature/beauty charming anyways. Now I get the whole thing at the end of why Junichi did what he did with this=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/bda5a20d.jpg
Yeah everyone I now finally get the whole thing about the moe stuff=>

Yeah that makes sense in every way now. Guess that will be all to add.
Old 2010-09-18, 14:42   Link #64
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Sae was seriously super cute throughout the whole arc. Although I probably enjoyed it less due to Junichi grating on me the whole time due to how he acted with Sae.

Oh well at least Ai's arc is next. Got high hopes for it
Old 2010-09-18, 15:02   Link #65
matteas
Member Member

I really take back everything I said before the start of this arc. I love Sae-chan's voice. It's cute and it matches her character extremely well. I can say that I find Sae-chan the cutest of the 6 main heroines. But on the whole, she can't beat everyone. Definitely not Haruka, neither Kaoru I think, and I have pretty high hopes of Ayatsuji too. Anyways, they managed to portray Sae and accentuate her cuteness very well.

I bet that Umehara and that toroko thing spend some wild nights together. Their chemistry gives it away. Just look at the harmony of their striking movements.

Did anyone else think that when Junichi was talking about shooting a film that would bring out Sae's prettiness, he meant that he would make an AV. XD

Miya-chan in a cat costume!!! (((^o^))) And Sae-chan as a penguin!!! MOE LEVEL OVER 9000! Another heart is being sent to heaven XD
Old 2010-09-18, 18:33   Link #66
karuroso

- Oh god it would be so freaking awesome an arc with haruka as protagonist having hibiki as her target

- At first i thought that old guy was Haruka's grandfather and i expected for her to show up somehow right after ,until Sae said he was the director , but i don't think his name showed up at any moment, so there's still some possibility for him to be , whats is strange is he speaking in eng, if somehow he's Haruka's grandfather he should've know how to speak jap.
Old 2010-09-18, 21:53   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Personally, I feel the show has been going downhill since the kiss behind the knee. Or maybe since about halfway through Kaoru's arc. In any case, Kaoru's arc ran out of steam for me, and this arc never got going. There was just no there there, for me. I didn't find Sae believable, even though a shy person like that could be very believable. Maybe Konno Hiromi just didn't make her work, for me. Clearly, other people's mileage varies.

In any case, onward and upward. I look forward to Ai's arc, and the rich voice of Yukana (C.C. in Code Geass).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-09-18, 22:13   Link #68
lightbringer
M9000

I felt just the opposite - Kaoru's arc I wasn't drawn into, but Sae's arc was great, despite the whole ero-training nonsense. Sae's voice was very fitting, the narrator was spot on with his commentary, and overall Sae is the most likable of the heroines for me.

Yukana's really doing the voice for Ai? That will be worthwhile
Old 2010-09-18, 22:45   Link #69
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Great end for the great sae arc 10/10

Lots of good stuff, e.g.:
- the huge parfait, which would be enough for an entire cricket team to eat from
- the couple contest: Umehara and his fish, won by the Yuri couple Haruka+partner
- watching the movie in the private room: Sae's great outfit, lying on the bed, death by moe...
- the little timeskip at the end was a good finish. The costume idea was certainly nice, although I would've preferred more "interesting costumes for Sae and Miya
Old 2010-09-19, 00:12   Link #70
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Very good final episode definitely better than first two of her arc I found it very lighthearted, enjoyable, and cute, especially costumes of Sae and Miya I mean seriously adorable.
I give this episode a 10, and character wise currently Haruka = Sae > Kaoru for me . While I'd give Sae's arc overall around an 8.7 or so. And Sae herself a 10 .

Also Haruka + Hibiki part was win they looked amazing together , and like the crowd/judges, I now support that yuri shipping now .

And look forward to Ai's arc since I had mixed up before think Rihoko was next, but Ai looks to be promising, and after seeing Ayatsuji's outfit this episode I look forward to her arc too.
MAL
Old 2010-09-19, 00:45   Link #71
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
There was one element of this episode that I thought was truly exceptional, and deserving of special recognition.

And, perhaps for lack of better term, I'd call it the cinematography of the episode.

Simply put, the placement of the characters for key screenshots, the exquisite and realistic yet almost magical use of lighting effects, the incredibly perfect acoustics for the "Best Couple" competition: This anime episode in particular did a great job of bringing everything to life with a certain cinematic flair.

I largely enjoyed Parts 3 and 4 of this arc.

A shame that I think that Junichi's somewhat excessive training games soured some people (including myself to some degree) on this arc.

Oh... and was that TK (from Angel Beats!) doing the English voice in this? And was that supposed to be a reference to a real life director, like a Spielberg maybe?
Old 2010-09-19, 01:40   Link #72
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteas View Post
Definitely not Haruka, neither Kaoru I think, and I have pretty high hopes of Ayatsuji too. Anyways, they managed to portray Sae and accentuate her cuteness very well.
Exactly! Each character has their special charm and Sae beats any of the girl for cutenest. I have being to be very fond of it in my anime viewing so I still think that Sae beat all the other characters in regards to her charming point. Even though the other characters had their strong points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
In any case, onward and upward. I look forward to Ai's arc, and the rich voice of Yukana (C.C. in Code Geass).
Rather interesting she played in Mashiro in My-Otome....I was not aware of that and too bad I did not see Code Geass yet.
Old 2010-09-19, 01:41   Link #73
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Exactly! Each character has their special charm and Sae beats any of the girl for cutenest. I have being to be very fond of it in my anime viewing so I still think that Sae beat all the other characters in regards to her charming point. Even though the other characters had their strong points.
Its basically in terms of "cuteness" "wintails" and "breast-size" that most people think that Sae beats the other girls
Old 2010-09-19, 04:10   Link #74
Dr. Casey

Sae is the best girl in Amagami. I'm afraid it's all downhill from here.

Well, maybe I'm being too hasty. That Rihoko girl seems pretty awesome, she might manage to defeat the great Sae.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2010-09-19 at 04:23.
Old 2010-09-19, 05:44   Link #75
amaii

Wee! This arc is done and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Can't wait for the next one, it is Ai Nanasaki's turn. It is looking good in the preview...

I really loved Sae's timid and shy nature. That is exactly what I look for in a girl! Hehe Hope the succeeding ones are as great.
Old 2010-09-19, 13:06   Link #76
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think its interesting how many posters focus on the girls themselves rather than whether the stories were compelling, entertaining, or well-written... but that seems to be typical of many threads on 'choose the girl' VN adaptations.
Old 2010-09-19, 18:18   Link #77
Dop
Mmmm....

Goodbye narrator, don't let the door hit you on the way out....

Actually, I guess the way they've chosen to pitch this series as a string of separate four part stories does give them leeway to take different approaches, the way that Junichi's personality seems to change with each story - assumedly reflecting the different choices you'd have had to take during the original game...?

The sudden English moment was surprising. More surprising was the idea of a cinema with private viewing rooms which have sofas that fold flat! What kind of movie do they normally show in there?

HNNNGH moment...

I have to admit I did find Sae's character a bit annoying at first, but she did grow through the story, I think.

As an aside, I watch my anime using a combo of Windows Media Center, Media Browser and Media Player Classic Home Cinema on a small PC hooked up to my television. Media Browser shows a small thumbnail image pulled from each episode.
The thumbnail for this episode was a closeup of Sae's zettai ryouiki - how did it know?

Hopefully the next story will take yet another different angle.
Old 2010-09-19, 18:38   Link #78
Wrath88
Kissing...

Overall I thought this was just an okay arc. It was a bit hard to tell how their feelings were developing for each other, and then suddenly Sae was the one making the first move, etc.

Still, it was okay enough for me.
Old 2010-09-19, 23:20   Link #79
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Sae is the best girl in Amagami. I'm afraid it's all downhill from here.

Well, maybe I'm being too hasty. That Rihoko girl seems pretty awesome, she might manage to defeat the great Sae.
Yes, Sae is the best so far... it will be difficult for the others to beat that.
Not knowing any of the other girls, only from short glances, I'd say that Tsukasa looks the best:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...r&charid=17014

Now if Tsukasa also had zettai ryouiki, it would be a much tougher match already. It's a real shame that only one out of six girls has it!

Don't see anything special about Rihoko.
Old 2010-09-19, 23:49   Link #80
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think its interesting how many posters focus on the girls themselves rather than whether the stories were compelling, entertaining, or well-written... but that seems to be typical of many threads on 'choose the girl' VN adaptations.
It's typically what the creators of such adaptations are banking on anyway. I can't imagine anyone actually going through these episodes and green-lighting it for good storytelling. The way I see it, Haruka's arc is typical quality for this fare; they stumbled into Kaoru's arc being good; Sae's arc is an example of how weak a story (and even character personality) you can get away with if you ramp up the mass moe appeal.