AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-02, 18:31   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

High School DxD Light Novel - Character Speculation/Theories: Phoenix Clan

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all speculation, theories, and general discussion related to the Phoenix Clan.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourites.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for characters you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel or Social Groups.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

As this is a source material thread, it is expected that you should be reasonably caught up to the latest source material when participating. However, if spoiling major plot points that others may not yet have read, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags that indicate to the reader whether it's safe to open the tag. Spoiler tags with no label are not allowed!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-04-02 at 18:53.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 07:45   Link #2
jopjopjop

Do you guys think that Raiser's character will be used again in the future Volumes? I mean, will he fight and help DxD or the Gremory team? And if so, do you think we will see her new Bishop?
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 08:06   Link #3
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Do you guys think that Raiser's character will be used again in the future Volumes? I mean, will he fight and help DxD or the Gremory team? And if so, do you think we will see her new Bishop?
I think that he will be used in the future volumes, since there is still a few things that we don't know about the Phoenix clan ... like for example the oldest son of the current head of the Phoenix clan still hasn't been introduced to the reader, unlike his younger siblings and parents.

Although it's hard to predict if we will see him help DxD or the Gremory team ... but if Ravel is going to actually join the front lines of this conflict, due to living in the same place as Ise ... then I think it's possible that Raiser is going to join the fight as well.

As for seeing his new Bishop ... so far it hasn't been even mentioned that he has found a replacement for Ravel ... only that he has been transfered an unused piece from his mother ... unless volume 17 has mentioned something about this.

Still, if it's purely speculation ... then I don't think that we will see him gain a new Bishop in the current conflict ... since, normally finding a pretty powerful person that is compatible with the Bishop piece takes some considerable amount of time.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 08:16   Link #4
jopjopjop

Well, Ruval and their other brother was briefly introduced.

And yeah, your right about the Bishop.
Old 2014-04-06, 11:44   Link #5
aw454wtr

wonder how powerful is ruval, in vol 12 it was mentioned that he was going to be promoted to ultimate class, would ruval be equal/stronger than Dulio or Slash Dog, if so why wasn't he included in DxD
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 23:30   Link #6
jopjopjop

Because he's not involved with anything that the Gremory team or the KB has done.
Old 2014-04-07, 00:04   Link #7
Tbolt

I think he will stay as just a background character, but there is sill the possibility he could be in the story line concerning the future battle with Diehauser Belial.
Old 2014-04-07, 11:03   Link #8
GDB

In before he's evil, just like every other background character who later showed up.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 12:46   Link #9
aw454wtr

Wonder if there is a rematch between raiser's group and the current gremory group (as of vol 17), how long would it take for raiser's group to get defeated
Old 2014-04-17, 17:02   Link #10
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Wonder if there is a rematch between raiser's group and the current gremory group (as of vol 17), how long would it take for raiser's group to get defeated
It depends on the amount of restrictions that the Gremory team would have.

But if the Gremory team had no restrictions ... apart from using moves that surpass the Retiring system ... then it probably won't take a single second for Raiser's team to be defeated.

The Gremory team would just need to use Gasper's Balor mode to cover the entire Rating Game arena in Darkness, which is ... pretty much an instant win condition... for them.

But if they can't use Gasper and some of their stronger moves ... then the Gremory / Phoenix rematch game would definitely become a lot more interesting... although even then the Gremory team is probably going to win... although it will probably take some more time for them to achieve that ... I'm guessing that it might take them about 30 to 60 minutes to win, depending on how serious the Gremory team's restrictions are going to be...

Anyway, I'm more wondering about something else ... when we are going to be introduced to the Phoenix's clan middle son (who I mixed up with Ruval ... in my earlier post on this thread ) ... since ... he is the only member of the Phoenix clan that hasn't appeared in the story yet...
Old 2014-04-17, 17:28   Link #11
jopjopjop

Well, he isn't active in the battlefield. He's more on the "managerial stuff". So, I don't think we will know more about him except that he's one of the bosses of the media.

~With regards to how long will Raiser's team last.. I guess 15 mins would suffice.
Kiba said that Raiser in full power is equal to Issei after Volume 8. That's before Issei got his consecutive power-ups.
And for his peerage, Kiba and Akeno would trash the team.

Last edited by jopjopjop; 2014-04-18 at 00:21.
Old 2014-04-17, 23:55   Link #12
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Well, he isn't active in the battlefield. He's more on the "managerial stuff". So, I don't think we will know more about him except that he's of the bosses of the media.
Even if that's the case ... I believe that we should be introduced to him and have him meet Ise.

After all ... while Ise might not realize it yet, it's important to keep good relations with another of the families that he is a going to be related with ... through his marriage (currently unofficial engagement ) with Ravel
Old 2014-05-14, 09:56   Link #13
aw454wtr

Are the phenex clan the only devils that have different devil wings, having flaming wings as opposed to the regular black wings, or are there any other devils with unique devil wings
Old 2014-05-14, 10:08   Link #14
jopjopjop

There's not enough materials to say that there are other clans that have different wings.

Although there's a possibility that the House of Wepal also have different wings since some, if not all, of the members have the appearance of a "real" mermaid (human top, fish bottom). Maybe they have wings that have fish's scales?
Old 2014-05-14, 11:12   Link #15
lived_1714

@jopjopjop

We usually see Ravel with flame feathery wings behind her most of the times, I guess it's her special side as a Phoenix and I admit it makes her cute. Also mermaid the fish top and human legs is mermaid, while the other one (one we and Issei dream) is Andersen!Mermaid, hope we do see one with Miyama art.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 11:18   Link #16
jopjopjop

There is one, search Rias' image gallery in the wikia.

The one where Rias is in a bikini and there's a mermaid behind her.
Old 2014-05-15, 14:44   Link #17
Soji

I'm pretty sure that we will see more of Riser in the future.

After all Ravel is with Isse and the other.

jopjopjop@ I remember that one but I thought was a true mermaid and not a devil.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 14:57   Link #18
jopjopjop

A mermaid is the one that Abe and his father has (fish with legs)

Wepal is an extinct household that lives in the human world. A member of that house (which looks like a "real" mermaid) appeared in the September 2011 issue of the Dragon magazine. (I think that's "Oppai is the Sun")