AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-05, 13:42   Link #7221
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Maybe he can transform into a stationary turret, making him similar to the siege tank. Another possibility would be that terrans copied technology from the protoss and learned to cast shields on units.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 16:39   Link #7222
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

This is what you get when you combine a medic, hellion, and a marauder.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 18:24   Link #7223
Who

It's pretty much a fat Genesect.

Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 18:31   Link #7224
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Why does this feel like we're playing the "Who's that Pokemon?" now But from the looks of the what could be shields on his arms. It's probably to keep the big-bad Zerg away from Terran units. It's gotta be a unit solely designed to deal with heavy-units and to act as a tank so Terran players can keep their Siege Tanks alive.
Old 2011-10-05, 21:01   Link #7225
Xacual

I didn't notice it before but it also has 4 wheels, one at each foot and one at each shoulder. Transformer unit?!?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 21:04   Link #7226
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I thought those were just legs? Maybe it's a transportation unit with self-defense mechanisms installed? When transformed, can fight heavy units. But can easily be swarmed by small units, and air units.
Old 2011-10-05, 23:08   Link #7227
Kyuu
=^^=

If it is Airman... then Terran would be ridiculously OP!

Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 01:34   Link #7228
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I've always wanted a mobile bunker. With a Seige turret on it.
Old 2011-10-06, 03:24   Link #7229
paladinenvec

To me the new unit it seems like Firebat or an infantry version of Goliath, anyway, IPL is starting today =)! it's gonna be awesome!!!
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 07:28   Link #7230
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
It seems to be dual-wielding shields.

Hmm...
Should be an early game wall-breaking unit, considering how many players wall themselves in early game to counter rushes.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 07:37   Link #7231
Qikz

I've said this on TL, but I reckon it's a mech healing support unit which has spidermines to make mech viable vs protoss.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 08:59   Link #7232
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I've said this on TL, but I reckon it's a mech healing support unit which has spidermines to make mech viable vs protoss.
Actually, spidermines won't make mech viable vs protoss because of one reason: chargelots. Imagine minedragging with chargelots...

Unless of course they remove friendly fire for spider mines.

Or maybe they should change it to proximity mines so trigger is instant.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 11:10   Link #7233
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Actually, spidermines won't make mech viable vs protoss because of one reason: chargelots. Imagine minedragging with chargelots...

Aren't those called Banelings? :P

IPL time.

Last edited by Who; 2011-10-06 at 11:23.
Old 2011-10-06, 20:04   Link #7234
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post

Chargelots are around the speed speedlots were in SC1 maybe a wee bit faster. You put the mines far enough away to keep the protoss of of you but in siege tank range, and also keep your hellions/vultures in front of the tanks, so minedragging only hits vultures/hellions.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 21:11   Link #7235
勝利は単純な魂の中に

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Chargelots are around the speed speedlots were in SC1 maybe a wee bit faster. You put the mines far enough away to keep the protoss of of you but in siege tank range, and also keep your hellions/vultures in front of the tanks, so minedragging only hits vultures/hellions.
No, if you see a mine being dragged to your tank line you get your vultures the hell out of there, not try and block with them. The mine blast radius is huge and you're going to lose a lot more vultures than they're going to lose zealots if you try to block.

And while the base speed for zealots is comparable between BW and SCII (same as a marine), speedlots only get a 50% speed boost. A charging chargelot has over 2x its base speed (that's including the tiny speed boost you get with the charge upgrade) making it the second fastest unit in SCII (speedling on creep being the fastest). Unless mines trigger a lot faster they're not going to detonate before the zealots reach your tanks.

Also one of the great things about mines is that they're so spammable since vultures build fast and don't cost gas (mech needs a ton of gas). So unless this unit has unlimited mines or doesn't cost gas, I don't see how giving it spider mines makes mech more viable.
Avatar of Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 00:19   Link #7236
Alaya
Counter Force

IPL3 is a really great event, easily setting up the standard for every future tournament.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 13:11   Link #7237
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

While I somehow managed to understand the IPL 3 schedule I still have trouble in actually finding the site with the stream(s) on it. Anyone just has the correct page to watch them?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 13:15   Link #7238
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
While I somehow managed to understand the IPL 3 schedule I still have trouble in actually finding the site with the stream(s) on it. Anyone just has the correct page to watch them?
http://esports.ign.com/ipl/tv/?starcraft2/live/

And just use the bottom tabs 1-6 to shift between the channels. 1 and 2 are basic, free streams while 3-6 are premium package, although with the internet troubles, I think it's free today.
Old 2011-10-07, 14:29   Link #7239
paladinenvec

Comcast has a Massive Down in New Jersey lol!!!
So no SC2 until Comcast repair the issue, but thanks that SC1 has LAN support we can have Boxer vs HuK BW style!! =D!(thanks to 3g too)
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 14:38   Link #7240
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar of Dreams View Post
No, if you see a mine being dragged to your tank line you get your vultures the hell out of there, not try and block with them. The mine blast radius is huge and you're going to lose a lot more vultures than they're going to lose zealots if you try to block.
Nah, I think Qikz's reasoning is fine.

Vultures are supposed to form a meatshield and are expendable. Usually you get your money's worth from them once the mines are laid, and any extra damage they do is just a bonus. Factories will be constantly reinforcing with cheap and fast vultures. Tanks are the core of your push. If you lose too many tanks you already lost. Dragoons will roll you regardless of how well you plant mines near them. Terran cannot replace tanks nearly as well as they can replace vultures. Then consider Protoss are reinforcing from 12-15 gateways. You won't have enough machine shops.

Although cost effectiveness is a very important factor, production ability and the logistics of getting fresh troops to the battlefield is frequently more important in the present.

A dozen vultures sacrificed to save 3-4 tanks, is fine by me.

This doesn't mean you would sacrfice 582609346 vultures for no reason. But preserving the tank line > all else.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows