AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-12, 09:28   Link #1361
iamthechamp

With all due respect to Dora, he is without a doubt the best Bang player in the BB scene, but definitely not the best player. No one can deny his complete mastery of Bang, and his timings and combos in battle are expertly executed. He is widely recognised as the one who 'made' Bang into the god tier. However, he still has yet to qualify for SBO 2010, and that translates a certain bit whether is he able to perform and meet our expectations.
For me, one of the contenders for best player to me would be Buppa. Back in the CT scene, his skills with Jin were unparalleled. After Hazama's introduction as a playable in CS, he still never fails to amaze me with repeated combos and deadly distortions to counter; which goes to show his mastery level of different characters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSLZeOlnj8E -> last fight was between Dora and Buppa, which Buppa won hands down.
iamthechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 10:25   Link #1362
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The.guy.who.played.Hazama.is.so.fucking.amazing...
So, what is SBO ? Sorry for my lack of knowledge ... it's still qualifier, right ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 10:33   Link #1363
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
The.guy.who.played.Hazama.is.so.fucking.amazing...
So, what is SBO ? Sorry for my lack of knowledge ... it's still qualifier, right ?
Super Battle Opera, the biggest yearly fighting game tournament in Japan, where all the pros from the entire country plays.

Buppa has always been one of the best players around and his Hazama has gained lots of recognition in this SBO.

He also came up with this insane 10k combo for Hazama, showing off his mastery:

When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 11:20   Link #1364
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan

First real decent amount of footage of a Mu-12 match, plus more of the new theme song by KOTOKO.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 12:40   Link #1365
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Much to my surprise, Mu-12 seems much slower then I thought she would be. Glad we finally got to see some extended gameplay of her.
Old 2010-06-12, 12:47   Link #1366
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well the female host is also demonstrating 'Beginner mode' with Mu-12, she doesn't really know how to play. She's not really moving around, she's just standing and spamming moves.

Old 2010-06-12, 16:55   Link #1367
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Well the female host is also demonstrating 'Beginner mode' with Mu-12, she doesn't really know how to play. She's not really moving around, she's just standing and spamming moves.
Which kind of sucks. It's hard to get a feel for the character when the person playing doesn't have any idea what they're doing. Still those orbs and lasers look really interesting, and I bet you can do some really insane stuff with them.
Old 2010-06-12, 20:46   Link #1368
iamthechamp

Awesome stuff! Really had to invest in a joypad now! ($$$ flying away from a poor student T.T) Cant wait for both the game and Kotoko's single.
iamthechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 00:39   Link #1369
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

its surprising that Mu is so slow. sort of reminds me of dizzy. i'm waiting for a basic guide to be put together.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 07:21   Link #1370
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

To be honest she looks more like female combo of venom+ky's zoning rather than dizzy...

I wonder if she's going to be tournament legit though.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 07:28   Link #1371
RisArk

If they update the arcades with console CS hopefully, then yeah she'll be legal.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 08:15   Link #1372
leodamine
Divine Akuma

My 2 cents on this is that she won't be tourney legal till the patch 6 months from when the game comes out. They'll probably rebalance her from boss status to normal character status (assuming she is boss character worthy). Once the patch is out, I assume they'll also update the arcade version. Either that or they can be jerks and not let us use Mu in tourneys till blazblue 3.
Old 2010-06-14, 08:26   Link #1373
Westlo
Lets be reality

As long as the ban is because she's actually overpowered than it makes sense, like a lot of console tournies for SFIV banned Seth and Gouken even though they were nowhere near overpowered.. Gouken wasn't even mid tier.. it was more like a "Most people couldn't be f'd unlocking them and there's hardly any online so people unfamiliar with the matchup" ban.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 04:47   Link #1374
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

But unlocking each of them took half an hour MAX. That's no excuse for anything...
Old 2010-06-16, 05:29   Link #1375
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwatch2muchanime View Post
But unlocking each of them took half an hour MAX. That's no excuse for anything...
They use more than one console for these tournies. Like, way more than one. You'd have to do it for every single one of those consoles. That is an assload of time spent unlocking characters. Like say, you're doing an eight console setup, and you need half an hour for each one - that's four bloody hours. I think it's completely understandable, honestly.

Luckily, that's just SFIV (which no one plays anymore because of Super), and Mu-12 is the only unlockable character for CS. Unlocking her probably won't be all that time-consuming. Also, I imagine she'll be tournament legal, even without the update patch. She might be banned in certain tournaments, simply because she's not in the arcade, but that's it.
Old 2010-06-16, 06:20   Link #1376
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
You have to beat arcade mode with every character before you can unlock Seth, like I want to waste time doing that. 250+ hours on Ps3, 150+ on X360, never unlocked Gouken or Seth.

Oh yeah my ps3 died once, was annoying enough to unlock every other character thanks to not being able to transfer saves.
Old 2010-06-17, 06:13   Link #1377
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

That's YOU guys, i'm talking the people who OWN the CONSOLES and the GAME who may bring theirs to the scene. Aside from Seth, each one is just a single playthrough, Gouken and Akuma are easy as shit to do. For people who OWN the game this is nothing and will never be anything. I'm not saying they do it AT the scene.

And even then, it'll be one person per machine so it'll be the same unless someone sucks so bad they can't do it. I mean it only takes 1 round, 30 seconds and that's 10 minutes through arcade mode once, IF that.
Old 2010-06-17, 06:31   Link #1378
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
And even then, it'll be one person per machine so it'll be the same unless someone sucks so bad they can't do it. I mean it only takes 1 round, 30 seconds and that's 10 minutes through arcade mode once, IF that.
I would RATHER play ONLINE or go into TRAINING mode than waste time to UNLOCK shit like seth.
Old 2010-06-17, 06:51   Link #1379
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

This is the Blazblue thread, not Street Fighter.

I have no right to stop people from discussing what they want, but I'll just throw some bad cookies if someone is to continue with unlocking SFIV characters.

Old 2010-06-17, 09:55   Link #1380
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

So, I had a little spare time recently, and decided to try out Rachel in BBCS, but I'm having a hard time (read: I can't do it) trying to grasp the timing for the wind in the very basic combo that everyone use "5b 5cdc 214a". Like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jvF-4Va8CI, after that the frog is already at his opponent's feet and ready to spark, while in my situation, the frog need to walk forward 2 step to do that. Does anyone has any advice, or it's purely base on your feeling?

Already tried to use wind before, while and after the first C hit, but doesn't seem like it works.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360