AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-19, 12:45   Link #1241
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I dont recall exactly but in volume 15 is state she have fight 2 times with Kakine and lost, and Kakine have fight 5 times before accelerator and lost.
Old 2010-08-19, 19:24   Link #1242
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The problem with Mugino is that she thinks that she is too sharp of a sword and thus, is prone to being vulnerable strategy-wise, as Shiage displayed (Mugino gets defeated by a Level 0 using only his brain and a gun). Also, Mikoto has successfully bent Mugino's Meltdowner Beam by--I think--using magnetism on it. Same goes for Kakine; he is too confident of his abilities or is blinded by jealousy against Accelerator.

In a game of brains, Mugino and Kakine have no match against Accelerator. And neither does the remaining four Level 5's.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-08-19, 19:30   Link #1243
Miraluka
Banned

Kakine wasn't confident he just didn't expected Accelerator to add Dark Matter to his filter and when thought Accelerator lost himself assumed the victory without giving the final blow first, that, was his biggest error.
Old 2010-08-19, 19:39   Link #1244
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
huh what do you mean? if mugino can fry mikoto? or mugino trying to pick a fight with kakine?

Mugino did say she can win against railgun if she removes her limiter that's in vol 15. And she did try to fight the rank 2 which is also in vol 15.
Yeah that.

Quote:
Difference is tree diagram compute that by that time Misaka would de death, really guys is good you like some characters but sometimes we must drop our fanatism a bit.
And yet the very same tree diagram says that Mikoto can last 100 moves against Accelerator before dying. Funny how she shouldn't be able to last long enough to go all out aginst Mugino no? And tree diagram......that thing is flawed anyway. Honestly, do you see any difference powerwise between Accelerator before he participated in the Sister experiment and when he was involved in it? I doubt that even if he finished the entire thing he would sprout black wings and become a full blown scientific angel like what tree diagram predicts.
Old 2010-08-19, 19:56   Link #1245
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
And yet the very same tree diagram says that Mikoto can last 100 moves against Accelerator before dying. Funny how she shouldn't be able to last long enough to go all out aginst Mugino no? And tree diagram......that thing is flawed anyway. Honestly, do you see any difference powerwise between Accelerator before he participated in the Sister experiment and when he was involved in it? I doubt that even if he finished the entire thing he would sprout black wings and become a full blown scientific angel like what tree diagram predicts.
Ask yourself this:

Does Accelerator plays with the opponents or he just kills them with one blow?

That can explain Tree Diagram calculations.
Old 2010-08-19, 20:18   Link #1246
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Ask yourself this:

Does Accelerator plays with the opponents or he just kills them with one blow?

That can explain Tree Diagram calculations.
does tree diagram even take that into account or does it run purely combat based simulations?
Old 2010-08-19, 20:29   Link #1247
tsunade666

tree diagram uses the persons data and data could consist of personality, ability and preference or even their characteristics. Accelerator's data had been used in tons of other projects of academy city so it's only natural that they know his behavior. And besides the psycho scientist that takes care of accelerator is doing the work. Do you think that psycho wouldn't take that into account in the battle simulation? plus the whole number thing is a farce anyway and I wouldn't believe it.

Because if you see in the battle with an angered mikoto vs accelerator who's paying around. That's a complete one sided and the moment accelerator get nears on mikoto that should had been game over but his not doing it. Instead he just toys with his prey.

And come one let's discuss on what would mikoto do next on now that she knows tree diagram is destroyed. I always tries to shift the discussion on the current manga that's been scanned or release but it always ended up if mikoto could take on the upper ranking or lower ranking. It's turning into a battle or power level discussion instead of the manga discussion.

I wonder if we will get to see uiharu and saten on the next chapter. And what would kuroko do. We know that she would help touma a bit with information but what would be her reaction when she saw her onee-sama devastated form.
Old 2010-08-19, 20:38   Link #1248
Xenosnake
Badass

Could be like Pokemon. One could be better than another yet weak against another.
Old 2010-08-19, 20:45   Link #1249
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
tree diagram uses the persons data and data could consist of personality, ability and preference or even their characteristics. Accelerator's data had been used in tons of other projects of academy city so it's only natural that they know his behavior. And besides the psycho scientist that takes care of accelerator is doing the work. Do you think that psycho wouldn't take that into account in the battle simulation? plus the whole number thing is a farce anyway and I wouldn't believe it.

Because if you see in the battle with an angered mikoto vs accelerator who's paying around. That's a complete one sided and the moment accelerator get nears on mikoto that should had been game over but his not doing it. Instead he just toys with his prey.

And come one let's discuss on what would mikoto do next on now that she knows tree diagram is destroyed. I always tries to shift the discussion on the current manga that's been scanned or release but it always ended up if mikoto could take on the upper ranking or lower ranking. It's turning into a battle or power level discussion instead of the manga discussion.

I wonder if we will get to see uiharu and saten on the next chapter. And what would kuroko do. We know that she would help touma a bit with information but what would be her reaction when she saw her onee-sama devastated form.
I would think that Misaka's own defences would hamper him a bit. The Accelerator then is much weaker than the Accelerator now. For one the Sister project Accelerator cannot manip vectors not in contact with him.

Mugino is much much weaker than Accelerator and unlike him, her attacks can be manipulated by Mikoto's EM control.

Ah Kuroko.....maybe this would be the final nail in the coffin cementing their yuri relationship? Heh. If Touma weren't around that is.
Old 2010-08-19, 21:18   Link #1250
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Is as simple as that a bloodlusted mugina that knows the cant handle her power at max output for much time would try to end the fight as posible

Now ask this, Accelrator with half his brain power can muster enough power to destroy all life on earth, thats 1 move for him that would pretty much kill misaka in the same 1 move.

Really Misaka is good in combat but you have to see other powers and personalities.
Old 2010-08-19, 22:13   Link #1251
tsunade666

accelerator before is had much more brain capacity for calculating than the current accelerator though he did had range now but that's also in the past. After the battle with the hero. he doesn't use it anymore though I wonder if he can still use it. But the accelerator before had the strongest brain capacity. He himself confirmed that his no longer the strongest after that accident.

I wonder what's mikoto's next set of action. Will she really try to attack the director Aleister? That's the only thing I can think of that would make her fight "that girl".

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-08-19 at 22:30.
Old 2010-08-19, 22:44   Link #1252
Xenosnake
Badass

His real name's probably badass. Like Joshua Giles or Sam Champion.
Old 2010-08-19, 22:53   Link #1253
Phibrizzo
Honos628

For railgun she can do the next in this order

Get almost raped by Accelerator
Fight Aiwaki
Fight Mugino

Complete plot for s3

Beg the queen to help touma memory lost
Old 2010-08-20, 04:28   Link #1254
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
His real name's probably badass. Like Joshua Giles or Sam Champion.
2 family letters, 3 first name letters...

A magic name can have 2 syllables, then 3 numbers.

I think the biggest wtf twist is if Accelerator's original name was a magic name. And he doesn't use it anymore because he's an ESPer now. Oh the h4xx implications.
Old 2010-08-20, 10:42   Link #1255
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

That would be pretty awesome, except I'm pretty sure he's not from the magic side.
Old 2010-08-20, 11:25   Link #1256
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Is as simple as that a bloodlusted mugina that knows the cant handle her power at max output for much time would try to end the fight as posible

Really Misaka is good in combat but you have to see other powers and personalities.
Never said Mikoto could beat Accelerator.

Then assuming Mikoto without any inhibitions. Why would she go down to Mugino like nothing when both their powers are so similar? The last time they fought, both were more or less even barring the fact that they were holding back and that Mugino had Rikou's aid.

Seriously, the way you describe it it's as if you are making her fight Fianma or an Archangel.....
Old 2010-08-20, 13:14   Link #1257
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Dont get me wrong in good conditions I dont think Mugino can defead Mikoto, simple because with a great use of her power she can create a gravity (magnetic field) to bend mugino rays.

Also her magnetic radar means she cant really be surprised.

Of course I am taking in account this is a bloodlust misaka that would actually kill and that Meguno power cant mess with electromagnetic spectrum.
Old 2010-08-20, 16:09   Link #1258
giorno

i think the point is that Mugino's power at full output would have a large enough effect that misaka wouldn't be able to defend herself against it

however, mugino herself would pretty much disintegrate her own body if she did that...
Old 2010-08-20, 21:15   Link #1259
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
however, mugino herself would pretty much disintegrate her own body if she did that...
a misunderstanding. Mugino going full power wouldn't hurt her or inflict damage to her. The only thing change when she goes full power.... is nothing. though full power is hard to control on who would it attack or just her sanity. If you could just destroy everything then their is no need to control on who to attack and too much power would just make you drunk of power. She had poor sanity to begin with
Old 2010-08-20, 22:23   Link #1260
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

A mere gunshot to her eyeball caused her power to destroy her left arm.

And you called that "going full power wouldn't hurt her or inflict damage to her"? O.o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen