AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 20 14.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 20.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 24.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 22.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 7.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 4.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.82%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-11, 22:15   Link #181
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyworld2 View Post
Kud's name is: Noumi Kudryavka (Kudoryafuka in Japanese pronunciation if I'm correct) (last - first)
and her nickname is Kud/Kudo (shortened form of Kudryavka)
Thanks.

I was calling her "Noumi" for the longest time....
Old 2012-10-12, 03:30   Link #182
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

I just watched episode 1. I have played the VN as well, and I have to say that I'm very satisfied. I think it's off to a great start.

It was quite faithful for a first episode. Loved how they used the BGM straight from the game. So nostalgic!

The only gripe I have is that Riki's flashback scenes were barely animated, with plenty of still shots. Then again, that's still (a bit) better than just all text. I think I can easily get used to hearing Yui Horie as Riki. Even Sasami's new VA sounds good enough for me. Excellent.
Old 2012-10-12, 15:46   Link #183
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Just finished watching the first episode of Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, another new series from Fall 2012 and found it interesting that J.C Staff is doing that one too. Hah! Mind you, the effort isn't brilliant or anything, but it still looked more palatable (visually anyway) compared to LB's first episode. Not sure exactly what's going on with the budget allocation or how much they are working with for animating LB, but I'm sure it will become crystal clear by episode 5 or so.
Old 2012-10-12, 15:48   Link #184
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

My viewing of the first episode didn't occur until today, as I've been swamped with studies the past week and I really wanted to be able to sit down, relax and watch the episode. Now that I did, I really feel like I have to write a review, as I've been waiting 3 years for this to happen. (Warning! Veeeery long review ahead)

Spoiler for Review:

Sorry for the long review, but again, noone's forcing you to read it :>
Old 2012-10-12, 20:48   Link #185
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Mind you, the effort isn't brilliant or anything, but it still looked more palatable (visually anyway) compared to LB's first episode. Not sure exactly what's going on with the budget allocation or how much they are working with for animating LB, but I'm sure it will become crystal clear by episode 5 or so.
I've said this in the other thread, but I think it isn't really budget, just art direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think the biggest difference between the two shows is really the art direction and the compositing/effects. In terms of the actual animation of characters, there isn't really all that much going on here, but they mask it by making it all look really, really pretty (it's a show that looks great in stills). They say that anime is an art of finding creative ways to mask your lack of budget, and I suppose the lesson here is that the director for this show was more successful in that task (based on the fact that people are having this conversation).
The other thing is that, of course, large animation production companies aren't monoliths. The two shows are being made by two completely separate teams with separate staff. So it isn't necessarily all that surprising that the two shows have little in common, visually.
Old 2012-10-12, 23:57   Link #186
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

How many studio "subdivisions" does J.C. Staff have?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-10-13, 01:41   Link #187
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
How many studio "subdivisions" does J.C. Staff have?
Good question. I'm supposing they may not really have fixed "subdivisions", but more of a dynamic workforce that forms and reforms based on the projects, and the requests of the episode directors (and requirements of storyboards). In any case, they can certainly manage a lot of work, though. Their official website says that they have 120 employees (including contract workers), so that's a fair bit of capacity (but obviously they outsource like everyone else).
Old 2012-10-13, 03:07   Link #188
Insane
Banned

I’ll give it to episode 3 before passing judgement. Throughout this episode I kept waiting for the hook to set and pull me in, and it never happened. I hope it gets better because it doesn’t look or sound bad, just no story yet. It’s just not a strong first episode compared to other shows this season.
Old 2012-10-13, 13:18   Link #189
TJR

Yeah, they don't appear to have fixed subdivisions, so it's never a case of assigning one project to "Team A", another to "Team B", etc. Their management is highly centralized anyway, so a looser structure makes sense.
Old 2012-10-17, 01:00   Link #190
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Kinda miss Sasamis old VA, but the new old still seems to capture the sprite of the character. Overall a very good opening episode.
Old 2013-03-25, 11:35   Link #191
s07195
However,

Hmm... I did play the first 20 minutes of LB!, so I mostly have a grasp of what's going on (so far), and the transition to anime seemed quite smooth. Some gags I laughed at (particularly the fight scene where Masato was left with an Eel Bread), and some I felt were only slightly funny and could have been added in better (Rin's title). The situation is set up well, overall.

Really loved the ED, though judging by Key's works, I can assume there will be mood whiplash in the future, just like Clannad Afterstory.

Overall, this episode was average, loved the game references thrown in (pretty much the only ones I'll get, with how far I've played), but looks to get a lot better.