AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-18, 19:23   Link #8961
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

I still can't believe she actually tried to suffocate him with a plastic bag....wtf
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-03-18, 19:26   Link #8962
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
I can't believe he has to resort to using his powers to escape
Old 2011-03-18, 19:31   Link #8963
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
^
I can't believe he has to resort to using his powers to escape
The mighty Accelerator out-muscled by a middle-school girl.
Old 2011-03-18, 19:33   Link #8964
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
I'm guessing Islamic magic would have roots in the culture and the magic of other cultures before them, like the Greeks. Maybe even have a mathematical aspect to it, considering how the Christian world was in the Dark Ages compared to the vastly more intellectual Islamic empire.
I would really love to have Isamic or even pre-Islamic elements introduced in the series. But then again, since the author keeps introducing certain elements only to not build on them for a long time I don't think it'll happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Spoiler for epic lulz:
Tsuchimikado would be proud.
Quote:
What's with the [Get spanked 100 times] line? Even Shiage used it!
Clearly the author has a spanking fetish. And the number 100
Quote:
Plastic bag > Accelerator
I wonder if a paper bag would work better?

Someone should test it out.
Old 2011-03-18, 19:45   Link #8965
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The mighty Accelerator out-muscled by a middle-school girl.
high school
Old 2011-03-18, 19:47   Link #8966
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
high school
Close enough.
Old 2011-03-18, 19:57   Link #8967
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I don't understand why Acqua is so well liked, so far I haven't see him doing anything specatular aside fighting the grand Knight.
I don't like him at all, what made him haxer (sp?) was his stamina, besides that, her personality full of himself and arrogance. When he got pwned by Saint Breaker and later by Curtana I was like "hell yes! "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Fiamma is really hard to gauge, after see the spell the pope tried I am sure divine punishment would fail, terra really don't stand a ghost chance vs Vento
Precende over magic. Then DP can get useless.
Old 2011-03-18, 19:59   Link #8968
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Oh, Worst, clearly you are the one for Accel.

Also, I'm totally considering writing a short one-shot where Accel actually spanks Worst for the lulz. Though that'll have to wait until the chapter is translated.
Old 2011-03-18, 20:02   Link #8969
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Also, I'm totally considering writing a short one-shot where Accel actually spanks Worst for the lulz. Though that'll have to wait until the chapter is translated.
... please do.
Old 2011-03-18, 20:03   Link #8970
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
Greed doesnt like accel?

I am disappoint
Accel is my second or third favorite character. I just said that I hate Yuriko, not Accel.

Quote:
i wonder who would win?

Terra or vento. Really i think it all matters in strategy. Ventos Divine punishment is absolute but Terras Precedence is absolute and it can beat her but it come down to skill when terra has his guillotine and vento has her wind. He can't take it down or he gets hit by divine punishment unless he can hold no hostility towards her.
Vento's Divine Punishment destroys Terra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I've got some more stuff about NT, but 1st I'll mention due to RL I'll be offline for the next 24hrs at least - see you all next week

And Ch3 pt4:

Spoiler for epic lulz:
Oh god, their interaction is the best. WORST is gold.
Old 2011-03-18, 20:16   Link #8971
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Accel is my second or third favorite character. I just said that I hate Yuriko, not Accel.

Vento's Divine Punishment destroys Terra.

Oh god, their interaction is the best. WORST is gold.
u hate the accelerator yaoi fangirl?
Old 2011-03-18, 20:21   Link #8972
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I don't like him at all, what made him haxer (sp?) was his stamina, besides that, her personality full of himself and arrogance. When he got pwned by Saint Breaker and later by Curtana I was like "hell yes! "

Precende over magic. Then DP can get useless.
That also make vent pretty much inmune to execution of light :P, and I dont think you can be that... lose, if he protect himself towards DP he still get Air hammer

@Chaos2Frozen: you cant really protect yourself vs divine punishment if you already know the caster, that would trigger the spell divine punishment is really hellish to get around.
Old 2011-03-18, 20:36   Link #8973
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
u hate the accelerator yaoi fangirl?
Not exactly. I'm not a fan of Yoai fangirls by any means. But that isn't why.

It's because of things I have to deal with on another forum. Kind of an inside joke which I dislike.
Old 2011-03-18, 20:42   Link #8974
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Not exactly. I'm not a fan of Yoai fangirls by any means. But that isn't why.

It's because of things I have to deal with on another forum. Kind of an inside joke which I dislike.
Naruto forums?
Old 2011-03-18, 20:56   Link #8975
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
you cant really protect yourself vs divine punishment if you already know the caster, that would trigger the spell divine punishment is really hellish to get around.
There is no need to know the caster, during the Angel Fall nobody knew Touya was yet there were who set deffensive measure against it.
Old 2011-03-18, 21:01   Link #8976
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
There is no need to know the caster, during the Angel Fall nobody knew Touya was yet there were who set deffensive measure against it.
We dont know how long it took angel fall to manifest the effect, but we know that the most "the feeling" is towards Vent, faster the effect.

If we assume the duel of vent vs terra then really terra is royally screwed.
Old 2011-03-18, 21:06   Link #8977
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
@Chaos2Frozen: you cant really protect yourself vs divine punishment if you already know the caster, that would trigger the spell divine punishment is really hellish to get around.
Well Uiharu got hit by the Divine Punishment only by saying she didn't like the intruder (Vento) that got into the city. Divine Punishment affects anyone with any ill will towards the person who wields it, also I wouldn't call it a spell, because spells are normally cast, but Divine Punishment was housed in the cross Vento has in her mouth, so it's more like a Divine Weapon than a spell.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Old 2011-03-18, 21:13   Link #8978
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
Well Uiharu got hit by the Divine Punishment only by saying she didn't like the intruder (Vento) that got into the city. Divine Punishment affects anyone with any ill will towards the person who wields it, also I wouldn't call it a spell, because spells are normally cast, but Divine Punishment was housed in the cross Vento has in her mouth, so it's more like a Divine Weapon than a spell.
Alot of spells require a medium to function, this is nothing special.

Quote:
There's really not alot of details regarding Divine Punishment since it was destroyed relatively early.

It's highly likely that being a spell, Divine Punishment isn't always active at all times, otherwise the safest move is to have Vento locked up and away from any human. Given that she's allow to run around I believe this is the case. So it's a matter of attacking her when she least expect.

Second possibility, Divine Punishment is an Angelic spell meant to target humans, given that All God's Right Seat Member have removed their Original Sin and have access to Angel class spells, it should raise them to a position above Humans and possibly safe from Divine Punishment.

Likewise, I believe Crowley might also attain a position well above humans.
Old 2011-03-18, 21:23   Link #8979
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
It's highly likely that being a spell, Divine Punishment isn't always active at all times, otherwise the safest move is to have Vento locked up and away from any human. Given that she's allow to run around I believe this is the case. So it's a matter of attacking her when she least expect.

Second possibility, Divine Punishment is an Angelic spell meant to target humans, given that All God's Right Seat Member have removed their Original Sin and have access to Angel class spells, it should raise them to a position above Humans and possibly safe from Divine Punishment.

Likewise, I believe Crowley might also attain a position well above humans.
1.- If you recall she compliments to the Pope for his lack of ill intent when she is introduced, when the girl go to help the pope she does mention that is good she have lost her cross or the kid may have die, all this points that its a always active.

2.- Fiamma mention that the only chance of Vent to fight him was if she still had Divine punishment, which implies even he could be target by say spell.

3.- They try to purify their sins as much as posible, but divine mother mercy basically allow a person to dont be affected by sins, thats why I mention Aqua would lol to divine punishment.
Old 2011-03-18, 21:36   Link #8980
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
1.- If you recall she compliments to the Pope for his lack of ill intent when she is introduced, when the girl go to help the pope she does mention that is good she have lost her cross or the kid may have die, all this points that its a always active.
Given Vento's nature I'm not surprise that she's turns on Divine Punishment for that, it's not like she's shy about her powers and we all know she doesn't respect the Pope or anyone for that matter.

Quote:
2.- Fiamma mention that the only chance of Vent to fight him was if she still had Divine punishment, which implies even he could be target by say spell.
We still don't know what it encumbers, for all we know it just makes him a little dizzy. I'm not saying it's solid proof, I'm just saying there are lee-ways that can be exploit.

Quote:
3.- They try to purify their sins as much as posible, but divine mother mercy basically allow a person to dont be affected by sins, thats why I mention Aqua would lol to divine punishment.
There are plenty of ways to come up with reasons to protect Terra, like associating him with the [Healing of God], or by using his powers to Rise above Divine Punishment. We know that he can go

“Precedence: Magic – Lower, Human Skin – Higher.”

So even magic can be affected.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen