AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-20, 14:38   Link #81
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
Hehe. I know. MMPPP has actually gotten really good for these last few eps of S1 and keeping me attached, can't wait to see last episode, but pondering second season. I was reading some Japanese sites and apparently it's supposed to take place 2 years after the sea returns back to peace. But, the OP song is still sung by Luchia, Hanon and Rina. Hmm
I'd like to know what's going to happen in the manga too, since the anime has caught up.

Spoiler:

But since I'm not in Japan anymore, I'll have to get raws instead of watching on TV...*sigh* And I dunno how quickly LA Kino gets Nakayoshi.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 15:03   Link #82
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Small 51 spoiler with random episode 50 tidbits.

Spoiler:
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 06:43   Link #83
Shizo

Can anyone tell me on which channel Mermaid Melody is aired (I assume the 2nd season will be on the same)? Who orgininally drew/wrote the manga, which year? I'd also like to know about the price of the second game on Gameboy Advance and what it is supposed to be. I read that it was about both managing a store and using a melody-shaped dice to move.
Shizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:41   Link #84
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizo
Can anyone tell me on which channel Mermaid Melody is aired (I assume the 2nd season will be on the same)? Who orgininally drew/wrote the manga, which year? I'd also like to know about the price of the second game on Gameboy Advance and what it is supposed to be. I read that it was about both managing a store and using a melody-shaped dice to move.
It's on TV Tokyo, Saturday mornings at 8 AM.

The manga is by Hanamori Pink and um...I forget the other person at the moment. It's been running for a year and a half in Nakayoshi. It's published by Kodansha. The title is Pichi Pichi Pitch. "Mermaid Melody" is a sort of subtitle except it comes before the title...but on the spine of the books all it says is Pichi Pichi Pitch.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 17:02   Link #85
ever§ruler
Mizuiro

Send a message via AIM to ever§ruler Send a message via MSN to ever§ruler Send a message via Yahoo to ever§ruler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizo
I'd also like to know about the price of the second game on Gameboy Advance and what it is supposed to be. I read that it was about both managing a store and using a melody-shaped dice to move.
The second game is kinda like Mario Party. The title is Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch - Pichi Pichi Party. I don't understand Japanese well, but I can tell that you move around a board, which is the city actually. And you interact with characters, talk, answer questions, etc. You can also equip items, use items, etc. You must reach a certain checkpoint on the board, after reaching there, the place changes. And the first person to reach the second checkpoint will get a certain amount of points, 2nd place person gets less, and the 3rd place person gets the fewest points.

And that, you'll transform and "fight" (sometimes one of the water demon). You will roll the die to determine the amount of damage the enemy takes, and to defend when you're being attacked.

The final score will be calculated after the battle.

Overall, I think it's pretty good, even though I can't understand a word, I still figured out how to play and what some of the items do. And I usually play it to pass time or when I'm bored. I'd give it a 8.5/10.

The price is 4980 yen and the game was released Dec. 18, 2003.
Screenshot:

ever§ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 20:41   Link #86
nikita

Wink Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pichi (Where is it?)

Who knows where I can get " Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pichi "Due to this site haven't upload other eps. I 've watched first eighteen episodes and lookin other episodes (i know this anime have up to 50 episodes). I don't want stop halfway.
Thankz

Last edited by nikita; 2004-03-26 at 21:16.
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 11:53   Link #87
^danshi^
running bear

Just wait for them to be released. There are still two fansub groups working on the series.
^danshi^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 09:37   Link #88
dimeat
Extremely Lazy Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^danshi^
Just wait for them to be released. There are still two fansub groups working on the series.
Shoujo just released 18, torrent not up yet, have to wake up Jamuraa for that.

19 should be out soon, we've been all busy with schoolwork and such like that so we've been releasing at our own pace. Hopefully, it should start to go on a decent schedule soon.
dimeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 14:41   Link #89
tsuki_desu
Hidden in the darkness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita
Who knows where I can get " Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pichi "Due to this site haven't upload other eps. I 've watched first eighteen episodes and lookin other episodes (i know this anime have up to 50 episodes). I don't want stop halfway.
Thankz
actually i just saw episode 51(raw) there are more than just 50. For now i kno that there are at least gonna b 52 eps.
tsuki_desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 00:50   Link #90
dimeat
Extremely Lazy Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuki_desu
actually i just saw episode 51(raw) there are more than just 50. For now i kno that there are at least gonna b 52 eps.
There are 52 episodes for the original series of Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch.

and then there's another series starting next week (I believe) of Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure which is like 3 years in advance of the story of the original MMPPP. Ask Dragosmore, he would know about it

/me grins at Dragosmore

*wonders how long it takes us to catch up to Pure*
dimeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 05:03   Link #91
bluemist
i am the mist

I hope subbers would finish MMPPP first before MMPPP:Pure, but then again, it will really take a while until that happens.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 13:50   Link #92
TechnoMage
Shoujo-Anime Member

Well, I know that we (Shoujo) will not be working on Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch: Pure till after we finish Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch.
TechnoMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 13:37   Link #93
Dragosmore
Translator

I know this is a bit late but oh well ;P Lots of people have been waiting, and episode 20 has finally be released! Man, what a song episoide. I translated it like over half a year ago and seeing it now again was kind of @_@... not as bad as I first thought it was and it was actually pretty interesting in the end. People's opinions? ^^:

(By the way, if anyone who's watched beyond this episode wants to talk to talk about episodes 1-52 or 1-2 of pure, im here to discuss :P There was lots of filler, but the last eps were good, so if you wanna talk to me about it, I'm always on irc as dragosmore or AIM/AOL as DragoMagicallis / DragoMagicallis@aol.com )
Old 2004-04-15, 17:27   Link #94
ever§ruler
Mizuiro

Send a message via AIM to ever§ruler Send a message via MSN to ever§ruler Send a message via Yahoo to ever§ruler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
(By the way, if anyone who's watched beyond this episode wants to talk to talk about episodes 1-52 or 1-2 of pure, im here to discuss :P There was lots of filler, but the last eps were good, so if you wanna talk to me about it, I'm always on irc as dragosmore or AIM/AOL as DragoMagicallis / DragoMagicallis@aol.com )
I have seen pretty much all of the episodes all the way to pichi pichi pure episode 1 (I'm downloading pichi pichi pure epis 2; and your subtitled episode 20 right now). I have episodes 1-52; and pure epis 1 on my computer. I've seen all the episodes 1-35, 49-52, and pure epi 1; and I've skimmed some of the others. It was kinda sad what happened to Kaito at the end of epi 52. If you do have some other subtitled epis, please release them; or if you are working on them, I can't wait. In my opinion, Mermaid Melody is a great series, and although it's a long time since those episodes were out, I still wish to see it to the end.

Last edited by ever§ruler; 2004-04-15 at 20:40. Reason: Error with the quotes
Old 2004-05-08, 00:34   Link #95
ever§ruler
Mizuiro

Mermaid Melody Hikari

Mermaid Melody Hikari is my website on the Mermaid Melody series that I have created and uploaded. The address is http://mmhikari.cjb.net/. The website has currently the largest number of episode summaries and also has a forum. Please visit y'all.

And also, I have also over 5 gigs of full version episode downloads on my server. However, the server doesn't seem to be accessible outside of the local area network (LAN). If anyone knows how to correct this problem, please tell me.
Old 2004-05-15, 16:34   Link #96
artrius

Question about MMPPP

Ok, I'm new here, and I did read the sticky about not asking when eps are going to be released...

I'm NOT asking when the next episode will be released, I swear. Ok, so here goes. Its kind of hard to read through threads about the series, since I haven 't watched it yet and don't want any spoilers. However, from what I gather, there are supposed to be 52 eps, and most of them have aired already. However, I can only seem to find through episode 21. Is this series not being subbed anymore? I've been waiting on the rest of them for a while and haven't seen anything new on it. Did it get licensed or something?

Thanks. I NEVER asked when the next episode was coming out!!
artrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 16:39   Link #97
Dragosmore
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrius
Ok, I'm new here, and I did read the sticky about not asking when eps are going to be released...

I'm NOT asking when the next episode will be released, I swear. Ok, so here goes. Its kind of hard to read through threads about the series, since I haven 't watched it yet and don't want any spoilers. However, from what I gather, there are supposed to be 52 eps, and most of them have aired already. However, I can only seem to find through episode 21. Is this series not being subbed anymore? I've been waiting on the rest of them for a while and haven't seen anything new on it. Did it get licensed or something?

Thanks. I NEVER asked when the next episode was coming out!!
Yes, of course it's still coming out ^_^;; Shoujo recently released episode 21 about 2 weeks ago if I remember correctly. The series is 52 episodes and the next series (Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch PURE) is looking to be 26.
Old 2004-05-15, 16:45   Link #98
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrius
Heh, well if you have a look at another sticky, Series Discussion Index, you'll see I also request the following

Quote:
And remember, the Fansub forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs.
Do not use this forum to post the following type of questions
  • When the next episode is going to be released (read this sticky).
  • Has the fansub group stopped fansubbing this series (just don't ask this OK!)
  • Who's the best group fansubbing the series (use the Fansub Group forum).
  • Any download or playback questions (use the Download or Playback Help forums).
  • Discussion about licensed series (use the DVD & Licensed forum).
  • Discussion about series not yet fansubbed (use the General Anime forum).
Only post in this forum if you wish to specifically discuss the series in question.
Guess I need to update some of the stickies.

Last edited by xris; 2004-05-18 at 08:16. Reason: Threads merged.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 09:47   Link #99
LuciaMelody

Send a message via AIM to LuciaMelody
There is Merm.Melody Pure????? o_o whaa this is too cool XD I love Mermaid melody (xcept for the pointless episodes, that have nothing to do with the story)
LuciaMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 16:49   Link #100
ever§ruler
Mizuiro

Mermaid Melody Game Project

I sincerely hope that this isn't a violation of the rules. I have already posted this topic on the Lunar Anime forums and my forums.

A few days ago, I got the crazy idea of programming a game on the Mermaid Melody anime series. I will be using RPG Maker 2003 to make the game (or maybe RPG Maker 2000 since it's easier). I don't know how this will turn out yet. It is possible that I may not be capable of making a game such as this now. Please tell me your opinion if I should continue with this idea of making a game or drop the idea.

If I do decide to continue on with the project, then I will probably need some help from y'all. I have already decided that the game will follow the anime's storyline. And that the game will end at the end of season one with the fall of Gaito since season two just started and we don't know what will happen yet (although it's most likely that it'll be well into season two before the game's finished). But, I need some help will some of the graphics, sprites, etc. and ideas about the weapons, spells, items, etc.; I've already decided that the main weapon will be microphones. If you are good with making graphics and/or have some ideas about the weapons, spells, and items, please contact me. Oh yeah, and if you can rip some sound special effects, or music off of the game, I'd appreciate that too. Please contact me if you wish to sign up with the helping of the game. Thank you very much in advance!