Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-29, 14:44   Link #2041
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I loved serenade_beta's suggestion for whom to blame when you don't like what someone does in an anime: the staff. Good plan. It has the virtue of also being true, lol.
Well, I would blame Touya if I can actually figure out an acceptable reason for his sudden change of heart from "no" to "Lets do it!" in a matter of minutes... His actions recently...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 14:48   Link #2042
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, I would blame Touya if I can actually figure out an acceptable reason for his sudden change of heart from "no" to "Lets do it!" in a matter of minutes... His actions recently...
He did say he wanted to reflect for a few minutes when he left the house. He either wanted to break the bond of the brother-sister relationship they shared or he really was turned on just like Haruka said.
Old 2009-11-29, 15:18   Link #2043
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Consolation Sex its the least he can do for being such a tease for so long .
Hardly anybody can take the moral high in this show anymore and as such I find it pointless to antagonize any of the cast at this point.

Don't worry Touya is lining everything up nicely for a harem ending, all you wanna be players should be taking notes on how its done.
So far only that old receptionist is his only failure even Mana was ready to forgive him 0_o and his ladies are even covering for his mistakes they are truly his goddesses.
Man I will laugh if he manages to win back the old lady for a full 100% at the end.
Consolation its an apt way for putting it. I guess he wanted to give her something and gave what he probably does best (I cite my signature banner as evidence).

And I don't think the receptionist was that old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I am loving this show, but it has a huge fault for me: I can't feel why Touya is so attractive. I just have to take it on faith, since I can't actually feel it.
Isn't that the fault of most animes and mangas of this genre?

Quote:
And I certainly can't imagine why Misaki (or anyone else) would go with Tamaru. He is just so incredibly slimy in every way. Earlier, when he was shown browbeating Misaki in their club, he was bad enough, but now he is almost unbearable. Touya's just morally weak, but Tamaru is evil.
I guess he is morally weak. But it doesn't seem like he wasn't taught morals so its a little disappointing. Tamaru is pretty twisted and evil.

Quote:
The only thing that really disturbed me about Touya with Haruka this time was how he was so superior and nasty at first, as he was with Mana, and as he often is with his father. What a jerk. But if she wants him so badly and he can show some actual concern for her, I'll accept them together in this situation.
He did do a big 180 there. I guess he felt a little bad for a her or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
He did say he wanted to reflect for a few minutes when he left the house. He either wanted to break the bond of the brother-sister relationship they shared or he really was turned on just like Haruka said.
I think he just wanted to console her somehow. I think it was the same thing he had with Rina. But Rina was just a kiss (so far, let's place our bets, hehe) and although it was left ambiguous, chances are he did sleep with her.
Old 2009-11-29, 15:22   Link #2044
prototype_sky

They were in a old people setting of no electricity so they had to have old people fun to past the time
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 16:46   Link #2045
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Oh yeah. I've been meaning to ask this, although we probably discussed it already. But, why did Mana call Touya "Aesop" throughout the first season and a little of this one? Just because of the stories he tells, or is there something more there?
Old 2009-11-29, 21:13   Link #2046
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I may be able to shed some light here, but be warned that my perspective is very tainted considering my approach in regards to this show which is a full fledged comedy as far as I am concerned. Anyway to quote a few lines of dialogues:
Touya: I'm not going back. I'm just going to clear my mind for a bit.

Touya sighs which to me is where he comes to make a decision. Haruka comes out... puts on the coat on his shoulder. Few tid bits of dialogues later:

Touya: I've depended on you too much. I took advantage of your kindness and used you whenever it was convenient for me.

Haruka: It's okay. I don't mind.

Touya: As an apology...........
And the rest is history.

In a sense Touya is rewarding Haruka for all she has done for him. Haruka wanted to sleep with him and Touya obliged reluctantly after clearing his head.

I hope this clears things up. Btw Serenade, be sure to put very little emphasis on the word, "reluctantly" where Touya and sex is concerned. I also couldn't help but laugh at the thought what if Haruka let out a "Oh onichan" at the midst of things.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 22:03   Link #2047
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Omg , just watch this episode !

Lol , it's shame that's the guy sold the pics .
So , Menou was the glass guy's ex gf . I don't understand wth was her plan for the shot's part .
Rofl , if Touya always said to girl "you're my goddess" and make them fall in love to him .
Can't stop laughing at Touya .
"This spot is reserved" for who ? Yuki ? nah , Yayoi
"I just need to clear my head a bit" *to think if i'll do it or not hmmm finally i'll do it , well i need my passtimes* Then let's go ! XD Haruka "Cheapskate" lmao
At least , he gave women's desire ... while Yuki is busy at works ...
Mana who visited Touya's dad .
And Rina who felt alone . Don't worry , Touya know how to make you happy !
So next , Rina ? Mana ? Menou ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 23:29   Link #2048
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I also couldn't help but laugh at the thought what if Haruka let out a "Oh onichan" at the midst of things.
Apparently Akiha Tohno from Tsukihime, one of the most famous eroge around, belts out a "nii-san" during her story's "winning sequence" in the original game, despite the revealing of her true relationship to Shiki Tohno in her path. I don't think anyone minded, though. So something like this has been done before.

No real Yayoi scenes in this episode, but I bet she'll be making her "final offer" to Touya soon, as will most of his other goddesses too.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 23:37   Link #2049
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I hope this clears things up. Btw Serenade, be sure to put very little emphasis on the word, "reluctantly" where Touya and sex is concerned. I also couldn't help but laugh at the thought what if Haruka let out a "Oh onichan" at the midst of things.
Wait, so is Haruka just plain lonely or is she a brocon? That statement, looking at it from an inverse perspective, sounds like the situation in Kiss x Sis.

Then again guys, the sex parts are just the force that keep animated dramas like this going. After all, it is adapted from an eroge.

Funny that nobody cares about Mana here. Maybe you guys are all moe-immune.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 23:38   Link #2050
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Apparently Akiha Tohno from Tsukihime, one of the most famous eroge around, belts out a "nii-san" during her story's "winning sequence" in the original game, despite the revealing of her true relationship to Shiki Tohno in her path. I don't think anyone minded, though.
I'm ashamed to admit that my amusement came in terms of the shrinkage factor. In Touya's case however, "nii-san" might have very well got him in the mood for round 2. I know... mind is in the gutter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Wait, so is Haruka just plain lonely or is she a brocon?
In Haruka's case, it's both, but at some point she discovered the true nature of her feelings for Touya which eventually lead to this..

Quote:
That statement, looking at it from an inverse perspective, sounds like the situation in Kiss x Sis.
Kiss x Sis, at least, doesn't try to cover the silliness of the premise in such elaborate fashion. The one thing that is truly solid about White Album is the music.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 23:39   Link #2051
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Apparently Akiha Tohno from Tsukihime, one of the most famous eroge around, belts out a "nii-san" during her story's "winning sequence" in the original game, despite the revealing of her true relationship to Shiki Tohno in her path. I don't think anyone minded, though. So something like this has been done before.

No real Yayoi scenes in this episode, but I bet she'll be making her "final offer" to Touya soon, as will most of his other goddesses too.
I never really got around playing Tsukihime even though I bought it years ago since I didn't really like Visual Novels at that time, but by that "nii-san" she was referring to Shiki the protagonist and not Shiki her blood-related brother, right?

Quote:
So , Menou was the glass guy's ex gf . I don't understand wth was her plan for the shot's part .
Not really. She said he was more like a groupie to her, so I'm assuming they did sleep together but they never got into a relationship. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened the same time he was dating Misaki and Menou was his Yayoi.
Old 2009-11-30, 01:01   Link #2052
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Quote:
*cut*
Mmm.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Funny that nobody cares about Mana here. Maybe you guys are all moe-immune.
Really? I think there are people that care about her, including me. Look back a few pages.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 04:17   Link #2053
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

The funny thing about this series is that I never feel like Touya is taking advantage of the girls around him, but rather that the girls around him are taking advantage of him. Touya is too much of a pushover and a nice guy to say no. He wants everyone to be happy... The only time I think he ever is acting like an actual jerk intentionally is towards his father... But other than that, I feel that the girls around him are worst than Touya.

I wonder if Touya will end up screwing every heroine by the end and will end up with Yuki. That would be epic.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 06:29   Link #2054
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I wonder if Touya will end up screwing every heroine by the end and will end up with Yuki. That would be epic.
Mana or Rina should be next on his list then.
Old 2009-11-30, 07:44   Link #2055
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Kiss x Sis, at least, doesn't try to cover the silliness of the premise in such elaborate fashion. The one thing that is truly solid about White Album is the music.
THAT, I will have to agree with, though the music is around the time I was born (late 1980s) was something I never listened to before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Screwing Mana is illegal. Screwing around with her is dangerous.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 09:01   Link #2056
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
The funny thing about this series is that I never feel like Touya is taking advantage of the girls around him, but rather that the girls around him are taking advantage of him. Touya is too much of a pushover and a nice guy to say no. He wants everyone to be happy... The only time I think he ever is acting like an actual jerk intentionally is towards his father... But other than that, I feel that the girls around him are worst than Touya.

Those are very good points. I guess that's the best way to defend him. He's the type who just wants to help others without thinking everything through to the end. But he may think it all through and still jump in the hay, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Judging by how the episode ended and the title of the next episode I predict Rina is next, and it'll be epic. I think its too early for Rina though so I am hoping I am wrong. Rina-Yuki-Touya should be the final arc. Gotta clean up (no pun intended, haha) Mana and Yayoi and move on to what we're all waiting for.
Old 2009-11-30, 13:05   Link #2057
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
The funny thing about this series is that I never feel like Touya is taking advantage of the girls around him, but rather that the girls around him are taking advantage of him. Touya is too much of a pushover and a nice guy to say no. He wants everyone to be happy... The only time I think he ever is acting like an actual jerk intentionally is towards his father... But other than that, I feel that the girls around him are worst than Touya. I wonder if Touya will end up screwing every heroine by the end and will end up with Yuki. That would be epic.
Fascinating points, but by allowing himself to be "taken advantage of" by Yayoi or Rina or the OL or Haruka, he is driving stakes into Yuki's heart. Not good. He should either tell her clearly it's over or make more efforts to be with her alone.

And I don't see anyone taking advantage of him against his will except maybe Yayoi, and even then, he seems pretty enthusiastic about things. Except for Yayoi, who is betraying her employer, I don't actually blame any of the girls at all. They want what they want. He, however, has a supposed girl friend whom he is betraying at every step by his moral weakness. He never thinks of other people except at the moment they are in front of him and they become his goddess.

I have no real idea how this will all end, but your suggestion seems a pretty likely one. Poor Yuki. My notion is that he was tired of Yuki from the start and his dream about her getting further away (in ep1) was his permission to himself to be as unfaithful as he wanted.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 15:16   Link #2058
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Sigh where to start first let me say majority of the characters in the show have dirtied themselves past just a simple shower to wash away the filth.

On some small scale i could forgive Touya for most of his deeds through the series if he showed enough remorse. This episode crushed any chance of that happening now. When he walked out saying he was going to clear his mind. I honestly thought maybe he would step back and see even though it would hurt Haruka this was the best course of action much to my dismay he proceeded to kiss and her and from the looks of it he scratch another notch on his bedpost. Admitting he had relied to much on her was a step in the right direction admitting and aknowledging these faults was a grown up thing to do but he shattered in record time. The sad part is Touya knows he has self destructive tendencies yet hes inclined to make the worst decisions possible. Granted Touya is not 100% at fault women do seem to love him and do throw themselves at him but this one i just cant let go.

Im not sure if the series is trying to take itself too seriously but there is so much going on thats its mind boggling. I for one would not want to overload the audience with so many different problems with offering some glimmer of a resolution. Which we have not had any of instead we actually received more questions. Though i must admit the scheme Menou is cooking up is quite juicy. I wonder what would happen if the public found out that Menou is not the voice on all those albums sold? I think Menou is not exactly killing her career but making sure someone who she obviously cares about get the recognition she deserves for composing and singing those songs and this was the way to do it. She using douche bag #2 as a means to an end not only did she save Misaki but she managed to save Touya's sorry ass well, and Yayoi managed to get the negatives so looks like Touya is safe yet again. So now we know who the other girl douche bag #2's father was referring too. Also, let me say that asking how Misaki's stomach was after the fact, after he tormented her pissed me the F(*&^ off. However it was also proven that Misaki never took money she said so herself. So her case winds up being a girl who got knocked up by her b/f and had an abortion. However the whole situation leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

Fat glasses guy you are the worst extortionist ever

Touya's dad is on borrowed time now

Rina's behavior was standard for her but bless her soul she loves this jerk. However as a professional she didnt let her emotions get the better of her. What i fear is from this scene we are going to see Rina take more drastic steps to keep Touya in her left. So im pretty sure the next notch on Touyas bedpost is going to Rina and oh how i am dreading it. But like i said she loves the jerk and this would be a logical step to her. I would be very happy if it did not come to that but if they are willing to get Touya to bed Haruka (he still has not broken up with Yuki yet btw) then god knows what else they will do.

Last there was one particular scene that caught my eye. I however believe i am learning too much into it and it was just random scene. During Yuki's (which is really the only screen time she has) practice it pans over towards Yayoi. Now i cant tell if it was a yawn or she was just moving her hand up to her mouth. But to me it looked she was covering her mouth like she was going to be sick. Then just as quicky as it happen the scene changed.
Old 2009-11-30, 15:20   Link #2059
AbSoLuTeMiKe
Oishi desu yo!

I'll be honest, I personally have grown to dislike Yuki. Its weird, but yeah.

I know she was deeply in love with touya, and everything, though, as the series went on I grew a dislike for her.

Maybe it was because I saw a bit of myself in Touya.

TBH I won't mind if he: Ends up alone, With Yayoi, Rina, or Haruka. Yuki though, she just doesn't seem like they are compatible any more and its like the both know it, but just don't want to admit it.
AbSoLuTeMiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 15:23   Link #2060
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Last there was one particular scene that caught my eye. I however believe i am learning too much into it and it was just random scene. During Yuki's (which is really the only screen time she has) practice it pans over towards Yayoi. Now i cant tell if it was a yawn or she was just moving her hand up to her mouth. But to me it looked she was covering her mouth like she was going to be sick. Then just as quicky as it happen the scene changed.
She chuckled a bit at Eiji's comment. Seems unusual since we never see her smile or laugh.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen