AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-10, 17:55   Link #1741
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Great episode. It's kind of, I don't know, cliche? that everyone already met before 10 years ago, but I guess it's possible as people come from all over to see the grand race. Maybe they did and I missed it, but I hope it's elaborated on why the terrorist wanted to kill Farafanaz, and why there was so little security that several ships full of armed men could just roll up on so many important people with no resistance.

And yes, Glacies is S tier for hot chicks it seems. So much so that they locked themselves away to keep such treasures to themselves.
Spoiler for ..:
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 18:01   Link #1742
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I think Dio was probably using the word "maestro" loosely and Faranhaz could have acted as the head of the local guild I suppose.
Spoiler for ..:
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 18:12   Link #1743
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Great episode. It's kind of, I don't know, cliche? that everyone already met before 10 years ago, but I guess it's possible as people come from all over to see the grand race. Maybe they did and I missed it, but I hope it's elaborated on why the terrorist wanted to kill Farafanaz, and why there was so little security that several ships full of armed men could just roll up on so many important people with no resistance.

And yes, Glacies is S tier for hot chicks it seems. So much so that they locked themselves away to keep such treasures to themselves.
They wanted to kill her because she annexed their country, and that obviously didn't happen peacefully -those are the sins she has committed: her dream to unite the world under a single banner came at the cost of many innocent lives. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

You have a point about the security. There's only so much two superpowered bodyguards can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I also find it funny that Glacies is known also as having some of the worlds hottest girls lol.
The coldest country's got the hottest chicks. I like it. It seems like the rumor that Glacies is a female-only country might be true. I didn't notice any boys in the audience.
Old 2012-01-10, 18:36   Link #1744
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You have a point about the security. There's only so much two superpowered bodyguards can do.
It was likely due to the fact that it was the awarding ceremony, which was why only Luscinia and Alauda were immediately on hand. This doesn't excuse why Ades soldiers didn't start streaming in after the attack started though.

As for why Augusta was assassinated? The episode itself hints to it already, as it's likely that this peace was hard-won with likely lots of collateral damage. Heck one of the assassins had a picture locket of his family... Who's willing to bet that the people depicted in it are already gone?

And Glacies... TINY MINISKIRTS! Roy Mustang would be proud.
Old 2012-01-10, 20:27   Link #1745
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It was likely due to the fact that it was the awarding ceremony, which was why only Luscinia and Alauda were immediately on hand. This doesn't excuse why Ades soldiers didn't start streaming in after the attack started though.

As for why Augusta was assassinated? The episode itself hints to it already, as it's likely that this peace was hard-won with likely lots of collateral damage. Heck one of the assassins had a picture locket of his family... Who's willing to bet that the people depicted in it are already gone?

And Glacies... TINY MINISKIRTS! Roy Mustang would be proud.
I didn't see any Ades soldiers nearby so it might have taken a while to get there.

Yes, Glacies has the best girls!
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:59   Link #1746
blewin

the flashback seems to suggest that Liliana really is helping Lusinia out of her own volition! perhaps she still feels guilty about the Queen's death.
but Lusinia killed her father....

so maybe it still isn't all as it seems to be.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 22:01   Link #1747
TheKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I didn't see any Ades soldiers nearby so it might have taken a while to get there.

Yes, Glacies has the best girls!
Both Orang and Sorush mentioned being on duty so it's quite as likely that there were some Ades soldiers nearby on duty as well. Sorush didn't believe anything would happen, and it's most likely none of the other on duty soldiers did too.

@stormwaltzwing: To be honest, I highly doubt they're going to elaborate in the anime. It doesn't feel like they would. I just think it's very low chance they would. If anything outside of the artbooks or interviews, I think they'll put it in Travelers.
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 03:42   Link #1748
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The coldest country's got the hottest chicks. I like it. It seems like the rumor that Glacies is a female-only country might be true. I didn't notice any boys in the audience.
Yeah it's looking like it.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 12:42   Link #1749
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
the flashback seems to suggest that Liliana really is helping Lusinia out of her own volition! perhaps she still feels guilty about the Queen's death.
but Lusinia killed her father....

so maybe it still isn't all as it seems to be.
You know if Lusinia was able to play on the fact that the Empress died to protect her and that the best way to repay her it to join him, that might explain Liliana's face heel turn... Still I am not sure what can explain her deciding that if Millia won't go blindly along, she needs to be eliminated.

On Glacies being an all female country, or at least having an all female military, well we should see next episode.

Well anyway, I really enjoyed episodes 10 and 11, and I am really looking forward to 12.

Spoiler for Episode 12 Previews Speculation:

One question, as far as anyone knows this series is not a two cour series, but one continuous one?
Old 2012-01-11, 13:17   Link #1750
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
You know if Lusinia was able to play on the fact that the Empress died to protect her and that the best way to repay her it to join him, that might explain Liliana's face heel turn... Still I am not sure what can explain her deciding that if Millia won't go blindly along, she needs to be eliminated.

On Glacies being an all female country, or at least having an all female military, well we should see next episode.

Well anyway, I really enjoyed episodes 10 and 11, and I am really looking forward to 12.

Spoiler for Episode 12 Previews Speculation:

One question, as far as anyone knows this series is not a two cour series, but one continuous one?
Spoiler for Ep 12 Speculation:

Yes this is a continuous series, no two cour.
Old 2012-01-11, 13:26   Link #1751
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:

Yes this is a continuous series, no two cour.
Spoiler for More Episode 12 Speculation:

Thanks for answering my two cour vs continuous series question.
Old 2012-01-11, 17:16   Link #1752
DangerMouse

Quote:
Yeah, can't wait to see what they have planned for next ep.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 17:53   Link #1753
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Spoiler for :D:
Old 2012-01-11, 19:52   Link #1754
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwaltzing View Post
Spoiler for :D:
Old 2012-01-11, 20:01   Link #1755
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 11:
Old 2012-01-11, 20:02   Link #1756
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Now that we have moved into Glacies not only am i highly interested in their military structure and why we have seen only females till now but im also curious to see if they have any ships other than their rocket fighters. We have not seen a Glacies Battleship or First ship of the line class. Also, it will be interesting to see what it is going to take to bring Glacies into the alliance and why they have been so solitary for the past 10 years.

From the previews it looks the Urbanus went down however im not so sure previews can very deceiving. Vincent broke the hell outta there rather quickly and from what i have seen Ades does not have any ships capable of reaching the speeds the Silivus nor the Urbanus have displayed.

I was also thinking about the Silvana and possibly what purpose it may serve at this time. It could be possible that given that Sophia is queen that the Silvina now serves as the flagship of Anatoray. We saw that even when she became queen she took command when Alex was captured by Delphine. Shes quite attached the ship many of the original crew members might still be serving onboard. Just a theory of mine
Old 2012-01-11, 20:21   Link #1757
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Now that we have moved into Glacies not only am i highly interested in their military structure and why we have seen only females till now but im also curious to see if they have any ships other than their rocket fighters. We have not seen a Glacies Battleship or First ship of the line class. Also, it will be interesting to see what it is going to take to bring Glacies into the alliance and why they have been so solitary for the past 10 years.
I kind of suspect that the Glacies military has focused on the development of fighters as apposed to building warships. I wonder if maybe they have limited Cladia resources and so they focused on building weapon sytems that use a lot less or even use alternative fuel sources. Hell that tracked carrier is off hand maybe the only ground vehicle I remember from either series I doubt that used Cladia. Admittedly its probably safer then a vanship in that blizzard. Still I hope both the a female military and Glacies isolation is explained. Interesting the only in show coment about the the make up of the Glacies military is Sorūsh checking out the Glacies cadets and their Roy Mustang designed uniforms.

Quote:
From the previews it looks the Urbanus went down however im not so sure previews can very deceiving. Vincent broke the hell outta there rather quickly and from what i have seen Ades does not have any ships capable of reaching the speeds the Silivus nor the Urbanus have displayed.
What about Alauda's vanship? Maybe he is hunting the Urbanus solo (unless the other guild agents also have ones too).

Quote:
I was also thinking about the Silvana and possibly what purpose it may serve at this time. It could be possible that given that Sophia is queen that the Silvina now serves as the flagship of Anatoray. We saw that even when she became queen she took command when Alex was captured by Delphine. Shes quite attached the ship many of the original crew members might still be serving onboard. Just a theory of mine
I half expect that the Silvana will show up as the back bone of the Anatoray fleet in the final grand battle against Ades's navy.

Also one thing I been wondering, and maybe other people have already wondered this too. Wasn't the Urbanus destroyed in the end of the first series by the Exile? Either they put the pieces back together, or this Urbanus is a whole new ship. (The NCC-1701A Enterprise to make the comparison.)
Old 2012-01-11, 20:46   Link #1758
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
I kind of suspect that the Glacies military has focused on the development of fighters as apposed to building warships. I wonder if maybe they have limited Cladia resources and so they focused on building weapon sytems that use a lot less or even use alternative fuel sources. Hell that tracked carrier is off hand maybe the only ground vehicle I remember from either series I doubt that used Cladia. Admittedly its probably safer then a vanship in that blizzard. Still I hope both the a female military and Glacies isolation is explained. Interesting the only in show coment about the the make up of the Glacies military is Sorūsh checking out the Glacies cadets and their Roy Mustang designed uniforms.

What about Alauda's vanship? Maybe he is hunting the Urbanus solo (unless the other guild agents also have ones too).

I half expect that the Silvana will show up as the back bone of the Anatoray fleet in the final grand battle against Ades's navy.

Also one thing I been wondering, and maybe other people have already wondered this too. Wasn't the Urbanus destroyed in the end of the first series by the Exile? Either they put the pieces back together, or this Urbanus is a whole new ship. (The NCC-1701A Enterprise to make the comparison.)
I'm curious to see what Glacies military is made off and it's probable that they don't have large battleships to use.

It's very likely that Alauda is hunting the Urbanus solo since his vanship with the starship booster helps him get there faster.

I pretty much expect that Silvana will make an appearance at some point and be Anatoray's flaship. I'm just curious to see Fam, Milla, and Giselle's reaction that Anatoray has another invincible ship up their sleeve and why no one from Earth knows about it yet.

I highly doubt that the Urbanus was put back together since it was almost completely destroyed. Since Anatoray was able to build 5 more in such a short time, why not build another one from scratch? Hell, why not build more? I'll be surprised to see that more were built, but I don't think they'll be useful for head to head combat against the Ades.
Old 2012-01-11, 20:51   Link #1759
TheKage

I don't know who edited the Urbanus' page from the Last Exile wiki and where the info came from, possibly the Urbanus' page from Last Exile Fam's website? http://www.lastexile-fam.com/mecha.html <- newest at the bottom

I know it was destroyed but whoever edited the wiki said Anatoray's engineers just repaired it and edited for just submerging into water like Silvius.
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:58   Link #1760
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
I pretty much expect that Silvana will make an appearance at some point and be Anatoray's flaship. I'm just curious to see Fam, Milla, and Giselle's reaction that Anatoray has another invincible ship up their sleeve and why no one from Earth knows about it yet.
Fam's first thought would probably be about trying stealing the Silvana too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKage View Post
I don't know who edited the Urbanus' page from the Last Exile wiki and where the info came from, possibly the Urbanus' page from Last Exile Fam's website? http://www.lastexile-fam.com/mecha.html <- newest at the bottom

I know it was destroyed but whoever edited the wiki said Anatoray's engineers just repaired it and edited for just submerging into water like Silvius.
Knowing this show history, all that is covered in supplementary materials that will never be officially translated into English.

Tags
adventure, science fiction