Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-21, 10:29   Link #541
Quol
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Just wondering, is Maou's underwear custom made? He sure has a lot of confidence in it, even to pose in a battle.
Ashiya would no doubt freak out if that was true.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 10:36   Link #542
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Just wondering, is Maou's underwear custom made? He sure has a lot of confidence in it, even to pose in a battle.
LN says it's UNIXLO

The author really likes his UNIXLO doesn't he?
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 17:42   Link #543
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
LN says it's UNIXLO

The author really likes his UNIXLO doesn't he?
Is UNIXLO bad or something? I never heard of it.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 19:41   Link #544
ragez2010
TamingSari

Spoiler for UNIQLO:
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 19:43   Link #545
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Is UNIXLO bad or something? I never heard of it.

It's famous if you live in Japan. It's known for low price and good quality. In Hatuskoi Limited, Yuuji meets Misaki next day. So, he rushed to UNIXLO for clothing. It means you can find the trendy clothing from the store. However, wearing cheap cloth on the date may impairs other people's impression on you. It seems wearing cheap cloth is a shameful thing in Japan?

UNQLO also has the negative publicity. It's been called driven down the market price, mass production and Sweatshop. The lower than the market price and mass production seems to be a bad thing in Japan?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 22:10   Link #546
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
It's famous if you live in Japan. It's known for low price and good quality. In Hatuskoi Limited, Yuuji meets Misaki next day. So, he rushed to UNIXLO for clothing. It means you can find the trendy clothing from the store. However, wearing cheap cloth on the date may impairs other people's impression on you. It seems wearing cheap cloth is a shameful thing in Japan?

UNQLO also has the negative publicity. It's been called driven down the market price, mass production and Sweatshop. The lower than the market price and mass production seems to be a bad thing in Japan?
Having one store offer much lower prices for similar goods would mean more people would go to the cheaper store to buy their goods. The other stores will be forced to adjust if they want to keep their customers, usually through discounts that will eventually perceived as should-be-standard ("So the company is able to sell their products this cheap? Why didn't they do so in the first place!"), hence driving down the market price.

From a business standpoint of the opposition, that's bad. Not all businesses have the same resources and can afford to price their goods for cheap. If the market price drops considerably, some businesses might not be able to sustain themselves and will be forced to fold.

A real life example: about 5-7ish years ago, a new fast food joint opened here in the country I live in. Other similar up-and-coming joints either closed or couldn't expand because they couldn't compete with the established eateries such as McDonalds. This one, however, flourished. Why? Because the owner capitalized on selling his meals with unlimited rice... since he owned a huge rice field. (Unfortunately, the owner sold his business for a huge amount so that he doesn't have to worry about keeping track of its growth, but that's another story...).

From a macro-economic standpoint, the money likely returns to the country through taxes, so the government shouldn't really care. The consumers will likely spend their savings on something else, too.

From personal bias, that's good-- I can't imagine spending the equivalent of 50$ for a pair of jeans, branded or not, especially when I'll probably be buying a trendier set half a year later.

As for cheap clothing being frowned upon in Japan, my biased lens sees a conspiracy > Other businesses, hyped by the media and hearsay, are trying to shame UNQLO by attaching a negative stigma to the brand in order to drive market prices back up! It's tyranny against us common folk! Down with the dictators! Doooooowwwwwwwnnnnnnn!
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 22:14   Link #547
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Having one store offer much lower prices for similar goods would mean more people would go to the cheaper store to buy their goods. The other stores will be forced to adjust if they want to keep their customers, usually through discounts that will eventually perceived as should-be-standard ("So the company is able to sell their products this cheap? Why didn't they do so in the first place!"), hence driving down the market price.

From a business standpoint of the opposition, that's bad. Not all businesses have the same resources and can afford to price their goods for cheap. If the market price drops considerably, some businesses might not be able to sustain themselves and will be forced to fold.

A real life example: about 5-7ish years ago, a new fast food joint opened here in the country I live in. Other similar up-and-coming joints either closed or couldn't expand because they couldn't compete with the established eateries such as McDonalds. This one, however, flourished. Why? Because the owner capitalized on selling his meals with unlimited rice... since he owned a huge rice field. (Unfortunately, the owner sold his business for a huge amount so that he doesn't have to worry about keeping track of its growth, but that's another story...).

From a macro-economic standpoint, the money likely returns to the country through taxes, so the government shouldn't really care. The consumers will likely spend their savings on something else, too.

From personal bias, that's good-- I can't imagine spending the equivalent of 50$ for a pair of jeans, branded or not, especially when I'll probably be buying a trendier set half a year later.

As for cheap clothing being frowned upon in Japan, my biased lens sees a conspiracy > Other businesses, hyped by the media and hearsay, are trying to shame UNQLO by attaching a negative stigma to the brand in order to drive market prices back up! It's tyranny against us common folk! Down with the dictators! Doooooowwwwwwwnnnnnnn!
I agree, I really don't care what people say. Its my money, it is to my best interest to ensure that I spend it wisely. Even if it means buying cheap clothes, but in this case cheap and actual good clothes.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 08:57   Link #548
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post

Did you take economics or something? Fashion tend to change from time to time. Furthermore why don't go see from a economical stand point. Furthermore in buying clothing from a consumers perspective what you buy isn't style of clothing or quality but mostly the brand. Once they see a brand they will have a biased opinion of the product for example if they know that what you are wearing is a cheap brand of clothing no matter how stylish it is. It would still give off a negative opinion. This days what is important is the brand. If the brand has bad publicity it will also reflect it sales and quality.
Old 2013-06-23, 10:25   Link #549
Sixth
Hu Tao

So....Maou did use his magic to attract the customers to Mgronald?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 19:58   Link #550
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
So....Maou did use his magic to attract the customers to Mgronald?
Throughout the story, it's Bell's speculation. You can believe her statement or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell's speculation
"Ka, Ka, Ka Kisaki-san!"
An ashen face clerk ran out of store stared at them.
"Ma..mao-san back ah! Ah, no, but not only that."
Clerk seemed very confused, hands waving dramatically, but posted the military stance after shouted by Kizaki.
"Calm down! My Clerk can not be panic no matter what! Report precisely what's happening!"

Because the order from a brave officer with the frequent conquest, the clerk standing immobile, replied.
"Yes! A person just pops out from the fridge!"

"Ah?"
Kizaki and Maou, even Bell and Emi make the echoed.
"A charcoaled person suddenly jumps out the fridge, and he looks like fainted, but what to do with him?"
"Ma..masaka"

"Ah, dear Maou!"
Disregarding Kisaki's call to stop, Maou runs into the kitchn.

"Oh!"
Cannot help but cried aloud.
Should be thrown into the GATE and flew into the different unknown world, Sariel stretched out half of his body from food fridge with high humidity, fell flat out.
The resident of refrigerator, potatoes and chicken bag, pops out fridge and the amount seem to be the size of Sariel. It looks like a person popped out the fridge.

"What, what is it!?"
After seeing what happened, Kizaki and others came from behind also shouted out.
Bell and Emi have a heavy long breath.

"Maou! Could it be, that bamboo decoration ......"
Bell turns her head around and looks at the direction of shop's door.

When Maou opens GATE, there should be a reason to the link to this place. The only thinkable reason is Maou's Tanabata bamboo decoration, unknown to become the magic device, becomes the portal of GATE and responded to Maou's magic.
The bamboo that attracted a large number of guests also attracted an uninvited guest, even removing it, Sariel will not return.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 20:14   Link #551
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

New chapter recently been updated. The entire episode 3 and 4 were just translated in the Light Novel.

I've been meaning to ask, is Emi really stronger than Maou? I mean she did force him to retreat before the series began, but the more I see Maou's power I am second thing that.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 20:45   Link #552
Used Can

From what I understand, Emilia+BetterHalf >>> Maou (this is at Ente Isla, of course). At the beginning of the LN you're even told she fought Maou and Alsiel and beat them both.

I don't know how strong Emilia is without Better-Half. Perhaps not so much? Can she even access her Angel Mode without it? Hell, is the Angel Mode even useful for anything, or is it something that just happens to be activated when she has enough energy and Better-Half?
Old 2013-06-23, 21:45   Link #553
XFire
150% done

Quote:
New chapter recently been updated. The entire episode 3 and 4 were just translated in the Light Novel.

I've been meaning to ask, is Emi really stronger than Maou? I mean she did force him to retreat before the series began, but the more I see Maou's power I am second thing that.
Considering what we saw in the first anime episode, it took all of Emi's companions to hold him down while Emi chopped off his horn. However, that may not be cannon.

From what we've been show, though, Maou is in the strictest sense stronger than her. He has more power and more magic. The reason he lost is probably just bad compatibility with Better Half.
Old 2013-06-23, 23:23   Link #554
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
From what we've been show, though, Maou is in the strictest sense stronger than her. He has more power and more magic. The reason he lost is probably just bad compatibility with Better Half.
It isn't just Maou though, since it's been said somewhere that it isn't a weapon of anti-demon attributes.

That thing is basically just broken beyond words and is practially one of those 'I win' button against ANYone for whoever that is able to wield it, and in this case, Emi.
Okay... maybe not everyone, since Sariel's ability can lock Emi down.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 23:50   Link #555
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
and didn't maou fought not just emi but with "others" as well?

can i also ask what is this better half thing?
Old 2013-06-24, 00:12   Link #556
kazzuya13

By the way I read somewhere that there are two better half.
Old 2013-06-24, 00:25   Link #557
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
It isn't just Maou though, since it's been said somewhere that it isn't a weapon of anti-demon attributes.

That thing is basically just broken beyond words and is practially one of those 'I win' button against ANYone for whoever that is able to wield it, and in this case, Emi.
Okay... maybe not everyone, since Sariel's ability can lock Emi down.
But wasn't he equal to her in a one-on-one battle?
Old 2013-06-24, 02:20   Link #558
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
But wasn't he equal to her in a one-on-one battle?
No he wasn't. In the LN it didn't have all that introductory battle stuff. We just know that Emi beat Maou and Alsiel and their army so badly they had no option other than to retreat. If you want a different take look at the manga version of that scene. Emi basically unscathed, Maou in terrible condition.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 02:36   Link #559
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
can i also ask what is this better half thing?
It's Emilia's sword.
Old 2013-06-24, 05:03   Link #560
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Did you take economics or something? Fashion tend to change from time to time. Furthermore why don't go see from a economical stand point. Furthermore in buying clothing from a consumers perspective what you buy isn't style of clothing or quality but mostly the brand. Once they see a brand they will have a biased opinion of the product for example if they know that what you are wearing is a cheap brand of clothing no matter how stylish it is. It would still give off a negative opinion. This days what is important is the brand. If the brand has bad publicity it will also reflect it sales and quality.
Yes. o.o Fashion regularly changes, hence my not wanting to spend the equivalent of 50$ on a pair of branded jeans. I know it will be outdated soon. I'd much rather spend 50$ on a pair of jeans that I like and will most likely wear when it becomes an antique five years from now, but if I can find a pair with similar design, which usually means it doesn't have the other's brand, for a much cheaper price, then you can bet your Ashiya that I'd go for the cheaper pair

Granted, I'd probably use what I saved to fund Maou's World Domination Fund via a self-euthanizing double cheeseburger from the local branch, but at least I'd be happy o_o

Only took one module of economics back in high school. Most of my personal-biases-that-are-colloquially-known-as-knowledge, I gleaned from speaking directly with business owners, the average consumers of the products my family sells, and reading the odd case study my friends lend me. On a side-note, it's amazing how keen a psychologist business owners actually are

The majority of the middle class I've spoken with don't buy into brands blindly. They tend to fall into two categories. There are those that choose them because of their quality-- or at least, perceived quality as there is this stigma that "branded/more expensive = better". The other group buys a particular brand, despite the price tag, because it caters to their whims. Brands, after all, are specifically constructed by targeting a particular consumer type-- most blatantly Shounen Jump, whose readers are mostly teenage boys.

To be fair to branded products, the whole point of having a brand is to build its reputation/identity. And, really, everything has a brand nowadays; I'm just not loyal to any one (except for my family's, but that's because they already went ballistic on my sister when she tried to use a different brand XD)!

As for why I (jokingly) conjectured company-sabotage and their playing into the gossip mill, have you seen American advertisements? They actually defame the competition in their commercials, and it should be readily apparent that the media is a very influential body. I'm actually impressed; I'd love to do the same, but different countries, different values...

Just out of curiosity, what is this economic standpoint you speak of, since you didn't explain it? Again, I'm not an economist by any stretch xD
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, demons, fantasy, harem, romance