AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-29, 07:20   Link #2021
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

So Tamaru used to sleep with Menou as well? Just a quick peek at episode 20 and I see Menou saying "He was a groupie of mine", so he idolized her or did he actually sleep with her?

EDIT: Finally finished the whole thing, what a breathtaking episode. We're now sure that Misaki was the one Tamaru was screwing and he obviously made her painfully aware of it, but I'm still not entirely convinced she was the one who got pregnant and what purpose she took the money, but so far I'm leaning towards the abortion theory. Akira doesn't seem to appear here, poor guy, he deserves better than this as Misaki was willingly gonna go to Tamaru's arms again, like she didn't learn her lesson yet.

I'm kinda disappointed towards Menou, seeing as I was liking her character so far but then knowing she has a history with that bastard Tamaru...couldn't help but think lower about her, although I still can't help but like her. I kinda figured that her other friend was the one doing the singing and all the other work, something like a ghost writer. Still has yet to be revealed how she really got to know Touya and maybe next episode we can get a clear clarification about it.

So now Touya gets to screw Haruka as well. I wonder what suddenly changed his mind so quickly after buffing her off like that? Considering he's been labeled as a cheater, it's the second time he actually gets to do one of the main heroines in the series, I don't know if he got to do it with Yuki but considering he had the least interaction with her and the short time they spend with each other makes me dubious about it.

Last edited by Zwei; 2009-11-29 at 08:14.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 08:30   Link #2022
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Touya and his sick and twisted 'goddess'-ism strikes again, I guess.

Apparently, putting on a good face to all the women he likes and being overtly generous with them is his aesthetic.

And yeah... Menou.. So unnaturally manipulative of her to make groupies that young and just twist around with other peoples' romances like that. Then again, I guess that's on par for the rest of the cast this show. By far, I honestly can't understand where Menou comes from at all. And that's saying A LOT considering all the twisted characters in this show.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 11:57   Link #2023
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Mana!!! Moe moe kyun! It is ridiculous how obsessive she can be when she is being dere......and how bad-tempered she is when she is tsun. Her character was undoubtedly the most straightforward of all the girls. Nevertheless, she is just about cute throughout her entire convo with that old man.

Spoiler for spoiler plot : Haruka:

Spoiler for spoiler plot:

Spoiler for Menou's Double entendre:

Spoiler for more plot spoilers:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 12:07   Link #2024
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
The plot is even more convoluted now.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 12:09   Link #2025
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 12:53   Link #2026
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

@SaintessHeart --
Spoiler for ep22:
Personally, Haruka has always been a favorite of mine. A special kind of moe.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 12:56   Link #2027
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Personally, Haruka has always been a favorite of mine. A special kind of moe.
The "i don't express my feelings" kind of moe, yes.
Old 2009-11-29, 13:07   Link #2028
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Whaaa???

• Why Touya...why!? Why Haruka...why!? Turns out they have a lot more history together than we had thought.

• Touya's dad is really, really bad. Mistook Mana for Yuki the whole time. I'm not sure whether or not he'll directly help Touya or not anymore.

• Tamaru is insane. He needs to be locked up somewhere.

• Misaki sure is pathetic. Akira, you need to move to a different town and not talk to any of these people, ever again.

• Menou sure did blind side us. Didn't see any of that coming.

• Poor Rina. Touya knows he hurt her so I think he is going to try and make it up to her...that should be good. Especially with the title for the next episode too.

Oh, and minus points for no Yayoi this episode. Boo! haah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
So Tamaru used to sleep with Menou as well? Just a quick peek at episode 20 and I see Menou saying "He was a groupie of mine", so he idolized her or did he actually sleep with her?

EDIT: Finally finished the whole thing, what a breathtaking episode. We're now sure that Misaki was the one Tamaru was screwing and he obviously made her painfully aware of it, but I'm still not entirely convinced she was the one who got pregnant and what purpose she took the money, but so far I'm leaning towards the abortion theory. Akira doesn't seem to appear here, poor guy, he deserves better than this as Misaki was willingly gonna go to Tamaru's arms again, like she didn't learn her lesson yet.

I'm kinda disappointed towards Menou, seeing as I was liking her character so far but then knowing she has a history with that bastard Tamaru...couldn't help but think lower about her, although I still can't help but like her. I kinda figured that her other friend was the one doing the singing and all the other work, something like a ghost writer. Still has yet to be revealed how she really got to know Touya and maybe next episode we can get a clear clarification about it.

So now Touya gets to screw Haruka as well. I wonder what suddenly changed his mind so quickly after buffing her off like that? Considering he's been labeled as a cheater, it's the second time he actually gets to do one of the main heroines in the series, I don't know if he got to do it with Yuki but considering he had the least interaction with her and the short time they spend with each other makes me dubious about it.
I don't think Menou was in a relationship with Tamaru. They are just old friends, with him obviously wanting more. And I think she is the celebrity his father was referring to before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Touya and his sick and twisted 'goddess'-ism strikes again, I guess.

Apparently, putting on a good face to all the women he likes and being overtly generous with them is his aesthetic.

And yeah... Menou.. So unnaturally manipulative of her to make groupies that young and just twist around with other peoples' romances like that. Then again, I guess that's on par for the rest of the cast this show. By far, I honestly can't understand where Menou comes from at all. And that's saying A LOT considering all the twisted characters in this show.
Its easy to see where Menou is coming from. Just don't over think it. She is helping everyone else out at her own expense. She didn't want Touya to get flamed from the article about him and Yayoi so she gave Tamaru something else to write about and at the same time is helping her friend who is the true artist get her start. I guess she is also helping herself since she probably wants out of Kanzaki's grip and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Spoiler for spoiler plot : Haruka:
Haruka's brother is not imaginary. He is real. Even Misaki spoke of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Old 2009-11-29, 13:10   Link #2029
Muyasuki

Spoiler for kinda:

Last edited by Muyasuki; 2009-11-29 at 13:31.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 13:11   Link #2030
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The "i don't express my feelings" kind of moe, yes.
I see what you mean, but isn't she expressing her feelings for Touya constantly? Not exactly verbally, but still expressing them. The kind of moe I was thinking of was "hurt and vulnerable." Kind of like "band-aid moe" writ large, lol. (note: NAm. "band-aid" = Brit. "plaster" for wounds, as you probably know but I'll say anyway.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-11-29, 13:22   Link #2031
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't think Menou was in a relationship with Tamaru. They are just old friends, with him obviously wanting more. And I think she is the celebrity his father was referring to before.
Considering she said "He was a groupie of mine", and the expression he had when he first saw her and tried to make up excuses for not calling her makes me think they had some sort of sexual relationship, considering Tamaru's rotten personality I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Now I need to watch TMD-Raze as well.

Quote:
Just finished 22 and was wondering if anyone else got rape vibes off of Tamaru. It really seemed to me as if he had actually raped Misaki (and may or may not have gotten her prego) from their conversation and the phone call before hand. Rapists have a power over their victims and Misaki isn't strong willed. The clinging part may have actually come from her either regarding him as his senior or trying to move on off of Touya. I think that Menou is the celebrity that Tamaru currently likes and would also love to see more of her back story.
I don't think he raped her. I think she was willing to enter a relationship with him, and I think their relationship was somehow similar to that of Touya and Yuki.
Old 2009-11-29, 13:30   Link #2032
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I see what you mean, but isn't she expressing her feelings for Touya constantly?
You obviously don't get what i mean if you're asking that.
Old 2009-11-29, 13:34   Link #2033
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyasuki View Post
Spoiler for kinda:
I don't think rape was a factor. She just don't like the guy. He is a creep and a psycho.

And I too, want more Menou. But it turns out that girl isn't completely mute. haha.

I want a little something more from Yayoi. That's still an unfinished page. And I don't think she'll be the cause of Yuki & Touya's inevitable confrontation - Rina will. So, we can finish Yayoi's story up with half an episode.

Quote:
Considering she said "He was a groupie of mine", and the expression he had when he first saw her and tried to make up excuses for not calling her makes me think they had some sort of sexual relationship, considering Tamaru's rotten personality I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Now I need to watch TMD-Raze as well.
You do need to watch it. No where was the word "groupie" used. She just said he tried to go after her. I don't think they were in any kind of relationship, let alone a sexual one.
Old 2009-11-29, 13:37   Link #2034
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
You do need to watch it. No where was the word "groupie" used. She just said he tried to go after her. I don't think they were in any kind of relationship, let alone a sexual one.
The word "groupie" can be used to describe someone like that though.

Taken from the wikipedia article "A groupie is a person who seeks sexual and/or emotional intimacy with a celebrity or other authority figure."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupie
Old 2009-11-29, 13:39   Link #2035
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
She used the word groupie in the subs I'm watching, so it obviously make you think that way. They also used honorifics like "-chan" so they are pretty close.

Need a Japanese person now to try and explain it, otherwise I can't be convinced by another subbed version seeing as translation mistakes are quite common.
Old 2009-11-29, 13:59   Link #2036
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

You know, I'm really annoyed over how Touya handled the situation with Haruka. I keep trying to type something to express what I am feeling but I can't. I tried to defend the guy with Yayoi and Rina, but this...I've got nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The word "groupie" can be used to describe someone like that though.

Taken from the wikipedia article "A groupie is a person who seeks sexual and/or emotional intimacy with a celebrity or other authority figure."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupie
Quote:
She used the word groupie in the subs I'm watching, so it obviously make you think that way. They also used honorifics like "-chan" so they are pretty close.

Need a Japanese person now to try and explain it, otherwise I can't be convinced by another subbed version seeing as translation mistakes are quite common.
Okay, okay. I guess "groupie" makes sense. But I don't like the idea of any female (let alone a heroine) having sex with Tamaru.
Old 2009-11-29, 14:14   Link #2037
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
You know, I'm really annoyed over how Touya handled the situation with Haruka. I keep trying to type something to express what I am feeling but I can't. I tried to defend the guy with Yayoi and Rina, but this...I've got nothing.
Defense: It's the staff's fault!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 14:24   Link #2038
prototype_sky

Quote:
Consolation Sex its the least he can do for being such a tease for so long .
Hardly anybody can take the moral high in this show anymore and as such I find it pointless to antagonize any of the cast at this point.

Don't worry Touya is lining everything up nicely for a harem ending, all you wanna be players should be taking notes on how its done.
So far only that old receptionist is his only failure even Mana was ready to forgive him 0_o and his ladies are even covering for his mistakes they are truly his goddesses.
Man I will laugh if he manages to win back the old lady for a full 100% at the end.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 14:36   Link #2039
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
You know, I'm really annoyed over how Touya handled the situation with Haruka. I keep trying to type something to express what I am feeling but I can't. I tried to defend the guy with Yayoi and Rina, but this...I've got nothing.... Okay, okay. I guess "groupie" makes sense. But I don't like the idea of any female (let alone a heroine) having sex with Tamaru....
I am loving this show, but it has a huge fault for me: I can't feel why Touya is so attractive. I just have to take it on faith, since I can't actually feel it.

And I certainly can't imagine why Misaki (or anyone else) would go with Tamaru. He is just so incredibly slimy in every way. Earlier, when he was shown browbeating Misaki in their club, he was bad enough, but now he is almost unbearable. Touya's just morally weak, but Tamaru is evil.

The only thing that really disturbed me about Touya with Haruka this time was how he was so superior and nasty at first, as he was with Mana, and as he often is with his father. What a jerk. But if she wants him so badly and he can show some actual concern for her, I'll accept them together in this situation.

I loved serenade_beta's suggestion for whom to blame when you don't like what someone does in an anime: the staff. Good plan. It has the virtue of also being true, lol.
Old 2009-11-29, 14:41   Link #2040
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Okay, okay. I guess "groupie" makes sense. But I don't like the idea of any female (let alone a heroine) having sex with Tamaru.
That goes without saying, someone as rotten as Tamaru doesn't even deserve Mana's mother. Menou is an anime-original character though, so I don't really know much about her.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen