Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-09, 12:12   Link #81
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
Well I see why you can complain about some characters felling quite weak. But one thing I don't get is those ANBU black ops ninja. It seem when ever you see ANBU all they do is get their asses handed to them. So far for as long as I can remember in this manga if your an ANBU dude then your role is to get your ass kicked and handed to you as cannon fodder.

Hell even Konahamaru was 10x more of a worthy opponent VS Pain then the whole of ANBU corp seemed to be as a whole.
I never got that either, for a group that is supposed to be elite they are constantly swept away like flies, I think Kishi made it that way because he thought they have masks therefore they are expendable not realizing that he made them the elite force but ever since anyone stronger than Mizuki appeared they get owned.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 14:14   Link #82
SeanQ

Okay...so after showing Konan off...Kishi is going to have her get owned by a one armed tobi...Yes!!!
Old 2010-09-09, 14:21   Link #83
Casshern

I can't believe this fight is carrying on to next week...
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 14:34   Link #84
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I can't believe this fight is carrying on to next week...
It's sad to say, but, for me at least, this is the best fight since the Danzou v. Sasuke battle. The Monster Island arc sucked big time, and the first Kisame v. Kirabi was stupid (though it started off strong). While this fight is silly and it will end next chapter, it still has a better flashback than most of the recent fights, and the damage to Madara (and the hate in his eye) is quite cool. (The reveal that he is officially older than Nagato, and consequently much older than Obito, was also nice .)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 14:38   Link #85
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quite the powerful chapter...and while Konan takes amazing to a whole new level, what truly captured me was the relationship between Nagato and Yahiko...that's what true friendship is like, not the potentially tsundere Sasuke&Naruto thing. Like Jiraiya had once said, friends don't hurt each other, and these two were willing to risk their lives for one another.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 14:46   Link #86
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow, I'm really impressed with Konan. If only she just destroyed the Rinnengan beforehand.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 14:59   Link #87
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Quite the powerful chapter...and while Konan takes amazing to a whole new level, what truly captured me was the relationship between Nagato and Yahiko...that's what true friendship is like, not the potentially tsundere Sasuke&Naruto thing. Like Jiraiya had once said, friends don't hurt each other, and these two were willing to risk their lives for one another.
Admittedly, when one lost the other, the survivor went and killed an entire village. I wonder if that is Kishimoto's secret message: Friendship leads to pain and mass murder...
Old 2010-09-09, 15:06   Link #88
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

wow, I got more out of this chapter than I expected, Konan did some serious damage to Madara and the end page is pretty sweet as well.

I think Yomiko Readman would be proud, if not a bit jealous of Konan
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 15:11   Link #89
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
Well I see why you can complain about some characters felling quite weak. But one thing I don't get is those ANBU black ops ninja. It seem when ever you see ANBU all they do is get their asses handed to them. So far for as long as I can remember in this manga if your an ANBU dude then your role is to get your ass kicked and handed to you as cannon fodder.
What can we say... it's part of the storm trooper effect, they are both numerous and completely anonymous, that just screams canon fodder... just like those samurai
No matter how many attacks they make it's all completely useless

Not having a name, or an identifiable appearance lowers your survival rate significantly...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 15:11   Link #90
Ero-Senn1n

So the spoilers were true, Madara really says that he gave the rinnegan to Nagato. WTF?! is what i said, this seems to be a stupid plot device here. Or maybe not. We have already seen Orochimaru creating Yamato from the 1st hokage's DNA. We have seen a shinobi who used special eyes that were stolen from great clans. We also know that apparently Nagato had a rinnegan from nowhere, a magical appearance of the rinnegan from nowhere. But could it be that it was not a random appearance but it was done by Madara? Still it seems so unreal, there are many problems with this that should be explained by Kishimoto, to lower the bullshit factor of this revelation.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 15:17   Link #91
Slayerx

Also it seems that Yahiko was the original founder of Akatsuki and Madara has just been manipulating them for his own gains... though i find it odd that no one in nagato's flashbacks wore the red clouds... but, it seems that Madara was actually the one who convinced Yahiko to find Akatsuki... he also gave Nagato his eyes... wait a sec, overly convoluted plans? plans that have could very easily go wrong but are successful anyway? i think Kishi may have been reading too much bleach

just as planned
Old 2010-09-09, 15:25   Link #92
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Also it seems that Yahiko was the original founder of Akatsuki and Madara has just been manipulating them for his own gains... though i find it odd that no one in nagato's flashbacks wore the red clouds... but, it seems that Madara was actually the one who convinced Yahiko to find Akatsuki... he also gave Nagato his eyes... wait a sec, overly convoluted plans? plans that have could very easily go wrong but are successful anyway? i think Kishi may have been reading too much bleach

just as planned

Shows that Kishi just thought this up now
Old 2010-09-09, 15:29   Link #93
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, Madara has said that he's been moving Akatsuki from the shadows, but the founder was Yahiko...how did he persuade him to make the group, when did they meet, etc. should be an interesting addition to Madara's story.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 15:34   Link #94
james0246

Quote:
Well, Madara has said that he's been moving Akatsuki from the shadows, but the founder was Yahiko...how did he persuade him to make the group, when did they meet, etc. should be an interesting addition to Madara's story.
And it'll probably be left to the next data book (which should, hopefully, come out next year ).
Old 2010-09-09, 15:39   Link #95
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Because of his evil Sharingan eye that can control people's minds. Don't you remember they established the Sharingan has mind control powers at the Gokage Summit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's sad to say, but, for me at least, this is the best fight since the Danzou v. Sasuke battle.
Danzo vs. Sasuke was utter shit.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 15:45   Link #96
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Because of his evil Sharingan eye that can control people's minds. Don't you remember they established the Sharingan has mind control powers at the Gokage Summit.
Acutally we established that it was a unique power that only shisui had... ofcourse then we found out that madara had been controlling the previous mizukage. Which begs the question why he wanted to take shisui's eye if he was already able to use mind control... and why he did not use mind control to try and convince one of the kage's to go along with his plans...
Old 2010-09-09, 15:45   Link #97
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
wow, I got more out of this chapter than I expected, Konan did some serious damage to Madara and the end page is pretty sweet as well.

I think Yomiko Readman would be proud, if not a bit jealous of Konan
Thats exactly who i thought of when i saw konans paper ocean jutsu...Glad to see konan wasnt just in akatsuki to be the pretty girl that she actually had some power
Old 2010-09-09, 16:01   Link #98
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Don't do it Kishi! Don't pull an Aizen on us!!!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 16:02   Link #99
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Danzo vs. Sasuke was utter shit.
I never claimed it was good (though I do like the fight more than much of the Sasuke v. Kage matches (honestly, besides Danzou v. Sasuke)we haven't had a full fight since the Pain v. Naruto battle)), just that this is the best fight since the Danzou v. Sasuke battle.
Old 2010-09-09, 16:14   Link #100
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Acutally we established that it was a unique power that only shisui had... ofcourse then we found out that madara had been controlling the previous mizukage. Which begs the question why he wanted to take shisui's eye if he was already able to use mind control... and why he did not use mind control to try and convince one of the kage's to go along with his plans...
I dunno. Maybe Madara is Shisui and he just wants his arm and eye back. Of course, it would help if I could even remember Shisui and didn't have to look him up before posting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I never claimed it was good (though I do like the fight more than much of the Sasuke v. Kage matches (honestly, besides Danzou v. Sasuke)we haven't had a full fight since the Pain v. Naruto battle)), just that this is the best fight since the Danzou v. Sasuke battle.
Sasuke vs. Raikage was better if only for the fact we got see Raikage smash Sasuke's bitch face into the ground.

As for this battle, it's only been a chapter long thus far and half of the actual was spent using flashbacks and dialogue. But yeah, it is relatively good if only because it shows some fairly competent battle tactics, as well as a woman being useful in Naruto.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion