AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 44 36.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 24.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.83%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-17, 14:04   Link #121
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Well, you've got a point.

But... look, I'm well aware that she wants to have sex with him. But I don't think wanting to have sex with her crush makes a 14 year old girl a "lolita". I don't get the sense with Nadeko that she's looking to be a man-killer - more like she's a shy girl who happens to use these tactics to overcome her inability to be direct.
I agree with you,nadeko is a shy and lonely girl....

She did all of this because she is in love with koyomi, but at school or in her daily life.. she is the shy girl of S1
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 14:10   Link #122
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

She's trying to compete with the "big girls" ... and often a younger girl will think that's how you do it.

Quote:
"Pedophilia" implies prepubscent
Heh, and it doesn't *imply* prebubescent - it IS prepubescent. Using it to describe situations with an under-age teen who would be marriage material for most of human history should get one smacked in the face with a medical dictionary.
Old 2012-01-17, 14:15   Link #123
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
@Malkuth
Reality wise, almost every girl in love wants the one they adore inside their room and letting them sit on the bed but not to the point of going beyond the normal. I witness everything unfold. Nadeko isn't an exception since she knows Koyomi-nii won't notice her if she won't change. Koyomi is quite a nice guy for not taking advantage of her not so innocent actions.
Or very dense or even cruel guy letting her try so hard without giving a acceptance or rejection of her feelings so she can move on.

Oh! and for the record, Nadeko wants nothing more than to be taken advantage of, let's hope that she does not resort to medicinal solutions as another girl close to her age last season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Heh, and it doesn't *imply* prebubescent - it IS prepubescent. Using it to describe situations with an under-age teen who would be marriage material for most of human history should get one smacked in the face with a medical dictionary.
Well these lawmakers and vocal minorities need a lot of smacking with medical, science, history, and all sort of books, since they have only read one in their miserable lives
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 20:16   Link #124
Zetsubo
著述遮断

The more i look into this work, the more I realize Nisio is a genius.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 20:59   Link #125
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
The more i look into this work, the more I realize Nisio is a genius.
For this episode, it took much for me to look beyond the overt displays of innuendo/service and discover what's really going on.
Old 2012-01-17, 21:43   Link #126
Malkuth
Banned

^ ain't that the point

Clear out horny teenagers with so called fan-service, and have another level where the story actually develops
Old 2012-01-18, 02:31   Link #127
Huatuo
Supreme Commander

Location: Beyond the heaven within the Gensokyo above the netherworld inside the Takeda house in Ikebukuro...?
This episode was.......interesting......With all the Sengoku, Araragi Karen and Kanbaru returning. I'm glad they're back.....(Nadeko-chan....Kanbaru-san.....Araragi Koyomi....my friend....GJ....I bow to your skill.....) I still get annoyed by SENGOKU'S NEW HAIRSTYLE!!! AGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! MY NADEKO-CHAN!!!!!!! MUGYAAAAAAA!!!!!! I WANT HER OLD HAIRSTYLE!!! (But she is very alluring in this epoisode......hmmmmmm)

Anyway Sawashiro-san, Kitamura-san and Hanazawa-san~ had done a great job once again!!! And Kamiya-san as Araragi Koyomi? Perfect as always!!! XD (P.S Listen to Karen and Koyomi talking to each other reminds me off Otanashi and Yui from A.B HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! LOL XD)

Last edited by Huatuo; 2012-01-18 at 02:58.
Huatuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 03:51   Link #128
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

For everyone who is concerned or is in any way shocked about Nadeko's "new" hairstyle, I have one thing to say. It's NOT her new hairstyle. She didn't cut it short or let it grew, she just put her bangs up, THAT'S IT. Saying she has a new hairstyle is like saying someone has a new diet just because he didn't eat the same thing two days in a row.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 03:59   Link #129
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Honestly, i think Kanbaru and Nadeko segments in this episode are a bit overpraised. Taking erotic screenshots aside, for example Araragi and Kanbaru's interaction in this episode are not quite as good as back in Sengoku arc. On the other hand Nadeko's half was too short (and distracted) for both plot devices, and for fan services

The sisters screen (pre-OP and Karen's later) are much better done through. Bloody Araragi Koyomi. He already got a harem and friends God have to envy with, and his sisters are incredibly interesting too
Old 2012-01-18, 05:33   Link #130
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
^I think you might want to post it elsewhere or something, because that post is filled with so much spoiler. You should hurry up and delete it before someone else got spoiled hard.
Old 2012-01-18, 06:03   Link #131
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Bloody Araragi Koyomi. He already got a harem and friends God have to envy with, and his sisters are incredibly interesting too
...and the best thing is, he doesn't have to use a certain brand of underarm deodorant/body spray to attract women of all ages.
Old 2012-01-18, 06:23   Link #132
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Oh snap I'm so sorry about my last post. I totally intended to put that in the light novel thread but I guess I had a brain fart (or clicked on the wrong thread). Can a mod move a post from one thread to another because that would be great.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 22:12   Link #133
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Oh snap I'm so sorry about my last post. I totally intended to put that in the light novel thread but I guess I had a brain fart (or clicked on the wrong thread). Can a mod move a post from one thread to another because that would be great.
Post moved to the Light Novel thread.

edit: I watched this episode the first time in a hurry, so had to rewatch it again to soak in some of the stuff said about the two sisters. To list them briefly by using Crunchyroll-subs:
From Araragi Monologue in the opening: "The action of the fire sisters are nothing but a game. Because, my dear sister, you are irredeemable fakes."

From Nadeko-Araragi exchange: "I think Rara-chan and others are upto something. Last time we talked, she asked me about what happened with the snake. And since I couldn't tell her the truth, I didn't say too much. But she was getting others to help her investigate stuff. ........... But I don't think Rara-chan and others are worried about anyone performing the charm at all. I don't think they even believe in the supernatural. It seems like they are more concerned with the fact such nonsense are going around. They said they are trying to discover who is spreading it.

From Karen: "I'm busy with some stuff right now. Nii-chan, if you want to chat we will do it tonight with Tsukihi-chan. *Karen gets a phone call, talks, and hangs up* Nii-chan, it's alright. Looks like this will be over very soon. It seems I'll have a heroic tale to tell tonight."
Any anime-only viewer left? What's your thought on the above?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 22:23   Link #134
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Post moved to the Light Novel thread.

edit: I watched this episode the first time in a hurry, so had to rewatch it again to soak in some of the stuff said about the two sisters. To list them briefly by using Crunchyroll-subs:
From Araragi Monologue in the opening: "The action of the fire sisters are nothing but a game. Because, my dear sister, you are irredeemable fakes."

From Nadeko-Araragi exchange: "I think Rara-chan and others are upto something. Last time we talked, she asked me about what happened with the snake. And since I couldn't tell her the truth, I didn't say too much. But she was getting others to help her investigate stuff. ........... But I don't think Rara-chan and others are worried about anyone performing the charm at all. I don't think they even believe in the supernatural. It seems like they are more concerned with the fact such nonsense are going around. They said they are trying to discover who is spreading it.

From Karen: "I'm busy with some stuff right now. Nii-chan, if you want to chat we will do it tonight with Tsukihi-chan. *Karen gets a phone call, talks, and hangs up* Nii-chan, it's alright. Looks like this will be over very soon. It seems I'll have a heroic tale to tell tonight."
Me, me!! Pick me....

Mine going for the unexpected road. Maybe Karen is getting into something big and out of Koyomi's expectation (as he didn't take what Karen said seriously up to now). Maybe they are out to get rid/kill abnormalities or something, that's why Koyomi was chained up for protection (because he's half vampire). Maybe they trap Hachikuji somewhere to lure (without knowing it's him) Araragi out. That could be her heroic tale, trapping a monster and luring a half vampire out for a fight. And then Hitagi eavesdropped the story and just whack Koyomi on the head, carry him (maybe with Kanbaru help) to the school to lock him up.
Old 2012-01-18, 23:37   Link #135
Clarste
Human

The obvious interpretation is that Karen's getting in over her head and will be involved in some kind of supernatural problem.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 00:19   Link #136
Malkuth
Banned

^ That's also what I think.

Now about "Because, my dear sister, you are irredeemable fakes", I posted in the first page (before the fan-service hate attacks) that Koyomi believes that her sisters are not serious about justice, and that for them it's just a game, therefore their sentiments are fake.

BUT! I am absolutely certain, that despite now the above explains why Koyomi would say that, it will take some other meaning later, like feeling/heavy, lost, wandering, etc. did in Bakemonogatari.
Old 2012-01-19, 05:44   Link #137
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

I think things are progressing really well so far. We're only 2 episodes in, remember. It's way too early to say you're disappointed in the so-called lack of plot. The way the characters are being (re)introduced is great. I like the slower pace and mood setting. I've watched both episodes twice now, and there really are a lot of details.

Did anyone else notice Nadeko's head tilt right before they played twister? She's not totally innocent, but she's normally cute and clumsy and has a lighthearted look to her. That one shot of her face looked dark, and almost sinister. I think she's capable of a lot more than what we've seen.
Airman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 05:50   Link #138
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The obvious interpretation is that Karen's getting in over her head and will be involved in some kind of supernatural problem.
Pretty much. Nadeko thinks Karen and Tsukihi don't believe in the supernatural, so they are expecting to be dealing with a normal guy who spreads nonsensical stuff around. However, if that guy turns out to be another Meme (i.e an exorcist, onmyouji or whatever he was) or a supernatural being... Karen will be in deep trouble. Karate isn't going to help her much against such an opponent.
Old 2012-01-19, 06:39   Link #139
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The previous posters nailed the obvious flags. The only thing I'd add that influences my guessing on how this will go down is that Koyomi is loosely scheduled to meet with his sisters that night. If that scene with Hitagi really happens less than a day later, then whatever is coming, it's coming fast. Also, Hitagi and Koyomi share some banter about the sting of a bee being deadly. It sounded more like a shared understanding of a metaphor than just a coincidence.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 07:26   Link #140
Malkuth
Banned

^ Didn't Hitagi say in the first episode that Koyomi was stung by a bee, arc is named Karen Bee in between, and I think that Koyomi wakes (beginning of episode one) two days after talking with Tsukihi (second scene of episode one) or about 36 hours before the said meeting all the siblings... at least I think so, I am certain only about the arc's title