AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2007-01-19, 11:00   Link #81
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As far as the principal and her sister (ep 19 story spoiler),
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-19, 15:22   Link #82
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

ahhh i see well i just finished the old series of Negima and i have to say i'm really liking it... It does seem that they sometimes grab random scenes from the manga and shove it in there, but it's always good to see parts of the manga be animated...

There are some WTF moments after ep 19 like:

Spoiler for after ep 19:

overall i found the rest of the ep after ep 19 very touching... good transition going from comedy to drama although some of the scenes were a bit exxagerated... My favourite parts of negima would have to be

Spoiler for Negima:

Ok another question.. seeing what you wrote about the principal..

Spoiler for principal:
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 15:42   Link #83
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Spoiler for Negima:
Well, if someone was talking about the manga it's important to note that both of these scenes don't happen in the manga. Personally, I think Xebec played up the romance angle significantly more than the manga.
Quote:
Ok another question.. seeing what you wrote about the principal..
Spoiler for principal:
I don't think the principal is intended to have been in the same class, I think he's just supposed to have attended the same campus. Mahora has a lot of different schools in it and boys are enrolled at some of these schools - the principal may have been in a class with her earlier or simply have known her from some other encounter on the campus (say, at Mahora-fest). Also it was sixty years ago. For all we know the middle school might not have been gender separated at the time. It's not really relevant to the story though, he knew her at some point and was in love with her (supposedly).
I'm actually not that fond of this particular episode for some other reasons. Namely the fact that the principal has apparently been carrying this torch for Sayo for however long; however, in the meantime he's been married at some point and had kids (as well as grandkids, namely Konoka). I think it's a neat story, but don't think it really belonged in Negima.
Old 2007-01-19, 16:19   Link #84
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
Well, if someone was talking about the manga it's important to note that both of these scenes don't happen in the manga. Personally, I think Xebec played up the romance angle significantly more than the manga.
However, when the Xebec version of Negima came out, Ken Akamatsu had yet to cover the storyline where
Spoiler for volume 14:
Hence, Xebec came up with it's own idea of they handled
Spoiler:
While I prefer the manga version of the incident (especially since the way the anime handled it was very "evil" IMO), it's a good example of how Xebec tried to handle incidents that have yet to happen in the manga.
Old 2007-01-23, 04:43   Link #85
holyman282

Ok another question guys... I noticed that there was a negima neo manga.... can you tell me if it's a continuation or a completely new story?

Last edited by xris; 2007-01-23 at 05:08.
Old 2007-01-23, 05:11   Link #86
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Ok another question guys... I noticed that there was a negima neo manga.... can you tell me if it's a continuation or a completely new story?
Why not read (or ask) in the Negime NEO thread.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 22:42   Link #87
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

It is possible for some Nice and kind and very bored person to make a list of the girls in the Manga and the New tv series with picutres and character info. Other then a few of the girls i am ahving a very hard time telling which girl is which.
Old 2007-02-03, 22:59   Link #88
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Wikipedia has a list with pictures from the manga. Under the Negima!? entry it has a list of differences in character design, but they're mostly small.
Old 2007-02-13, 15:47   Link #89
Foss

Seems i am missing something.
got the 13 eps from http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/892.html

but here on the forum you're talking about ep 19 ?

i assume it hasnt gone licenced as i cannot find a post saying it is here on forum, also since the torrents are left on the series page

edit: maybe you're watching non-subbed ep's
Foss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 15:52   Link #90
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This is normal : Mahora Fansubs, the current fansubber group got heir translation pace slowed down, due their members' personal life (obviously school etc).
they are also subbing Getsumen to Heiki Miina.
that's why we are only at the ep13.
Old 2007-02-13, 16:14   Link #91
Foss

ok thank you
Foss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 00:16   Link #92
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foss View Post
Seems i am missing something.
got the 13 eps from http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/892.html

but here on the forum you're talking about ep 19 ?

i assume it hasnt gone licenced as i cannot find a post saying it is here on forum, also since the torrents are left on the series page

edit: maybe you're watching non-subbed ep's
Umm well actually no foss, we are talking about the original Mahou Sensei Negima anime, which was made before the current Negima?!, it's a 26 ep anime like the new one.
Old 2007-02-14, 00:22   Link #93
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Umm well actually no foss, we are talking about the original Mahou Sensei Negima anime, which was made before the current Negima?!, it's a 26 ep anime like the new one.
Actually, I assumed he was referring to the Episode 19 Discussion Thread in the main forum, and was wondering how come people were discussing it if the subs weren't out yet. But his edit assumption was correct: those discussing Negima!? episodes 14 to 19 in the sticky threads watched the non-subbed episodes. Klashikari's post explained why the subs weren't out yet. But, you're right: in this thread, there was some recent discussion of the old episode 19. It can get pretty confusing!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 16:18   Link #94
Dark Alex

What's the plot of the show cause I'm totally lost.
Dark Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 21:40   Link #95
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Alex View Post
What's the plot of the show cause I'm totally lost.
Of Negima!? you mean? Well, this is sort of a basic outline, but...
Spoiler for Negima!? Anime really basic plot outline:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 16:06   Link #96
Dark Alex

Thanks i thank you
Dark Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 03:00   Link #97
bloodwork
Ballin'

lolicon show, hahahhahah... but the manga is good
bloodwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 23:51   Link #98
Cyber_chaotic
I recommend Souske!!!

whoa...i didn't know that post was a rule breaker....sorries

I'll ask the question 'within' the rules then eh?

Who's the actual group who does the subs for Negima!?

(see...this time i asked 'who' does the actual subbing, cuz quite frankly, i have no clue)

Last edited by Cyber_chaotic; 2007-03-19 at 00:03.
Cyber_chaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 00:52   Link #99
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Um.... this forum is directly connected with a torrent tracker, eh?
Negima!? is unlicensed, so all you have to do is: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/892.html
to get more information about that sort of stuff.
For fansubs that are licensed... you'll have to head into the dark alleys of the Intarweb, naturally.
Old 2007-04-07, 00:42   Link #100
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
i saw a few pics of the series, and i read a bit about it... when i asked if i should watch the original first or just go straight to the newer version i i was recommended to just go straight to Negima!?

was this a wise decision? i've already watched about 6 episodes, and i like how its turning out, though, kinda disappointed, that it's not finished being subbed.. well least not the newer one...

also, is the series already finished. and subbers just haven't gotten around to it? or is it still airing atm?

i just started looking at the series a day or 2 ago, so i was just wondering this, and also how often are the episodes being subbed? once a week? or is it speraticly as they have that chance?

sorry for all the questions, answer as many of them as u want, or none if it doesn't suit u...

either way, a pre-emptive thxs for all your info...

oh btw, i tried reading as much i could, through out the threads, so as not to ask too many questions, but theres so much info and comments on the series that i didn't want to spoil or ruin the series for me, so i merely skimmed around trying not to run accross any spoilers...
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote