AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 55 32.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 30.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 23.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.19%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.60%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-26, 10:32   Link #181
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake
Did anyone else think it was a fake from the beginning? Funnily enough I thought the same as Kyon, Haruhi wouldn't truelly have wanted someone dead...plus the knife in the book was suspicious. But I wouldnt have thought Itsuki was behind it.
Not me... Tho in hindsight it was pretty obvious (what isn't?), I was taken along for the ride like an unthinking rock; of the things Haruhi pointed out in her Ultra-detective moment, I only noticed one (Koizumi running straight to Keiichi's room) and that was because I read it here in the forum

I liked the way Kyon made Keiichi and gang come clean. For a moment, I really expected him to stab him; that part made me laugh out. Call me a rock. I also liked the part where Kyon was wondering if "not opening the door" was the closiest Yuki could get to a joke, I dont think it was meant to be, after all, she is the creation of a data-entity... and data is data, no more, no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I think there are 6 episodes left. The DVD release info makes it look as if there will be 14 episodes total. We've seen 8, so there are 6 left. I think. Unless Haruhi (or KyoAni) decides to change reality.
Is that so? So according to the next episode preview, the next episode we will be seeing will actually be 14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
did you see how she walked away from Kyon towards the stacks. She was leaning forward and tiptoeing almost like she was floating towards yummy snacks.
LOL.. Kyon had to drag her out..

*looks at trends on CG's post* WTH Singapore???

Last edited by Lost; 2006-05-26 at 10:45.
Old 2006-05-26, 10:36   Link #182
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
yes... yuki..... the funny lady of the show. Actually the funniest Yuki bit for me was the two seconds in the library Kyon took her to when she first realized that libraries were the Heaven of Books. Did you see how she walked away from Kyon towards the stacks. She was leaning forward and tiptoeing almost like she was floating towards yummy snacks.
Yea thats the most amazing/interesting style of walking I've ever seen lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-05-27, 08:02   Link #183
Cloudy

i like the part when Haruhi gives her own deduction of the murder,it was done with live action and animated backgrounds,it looks like something out of a movie from the 1960s.
Old 2006-05-27, 10:04   Link #184
rain...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudy
i like the part when Haruhi gives her own deduction of the murder,it was done with live action and animated backgrounds,it looks like something out of a movie from the 1960s.
Kyo Ani cinematography at it's best. I wonder where Kyo Ani's talents are coming from?
Old 2006-05-27, 21:31   Link #185
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
yes... yuki..... the funny lady of the show. Actually the funniest Yuki bit for me was the two seconds in the library Kyon took her to when she first realized that libraries were the Heaven of Books. Did you see how she walked away from Kyon towards the stacks. She was leaning forward and tiptoeing almost like she was floating towards yummy snacks.
More championship animation! Similar to her gait as she was crossing home plate in the baseball episode. There it was more "dum-de-dum," floating home. I think there may be meant to be something a bit robotic about it, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-05-27, 22:39   Link #186
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
I think she really only does it when she's 'running' as she seems to walk perfectly normal. I guess if you see her tiptoeing/half-floating, she's probably excited or something to that effect XD
Old 2006-06-14, 08:43   Link #187
Anime Online

With the development of the story thus far, I thought to revisit the question of yuki's expression at 13:54 (see image above). Perhaps we can gain some new insight.

That was basically the most expression I've seen Yuki ever display through 11 episodes. Is it shock? Fear? Uncertainty? Whatever it is, we know Yuki looked calm and unperturbed when the door was opened. But since it was such a deviation from her normal expression, it became something that kept tugging at the edge of my mind. Surely it must have meant something!

Kyon had surmised that not opening the door was a joke played by Yuki. We know that Yuki seems to view Kyon as someone important, or at least his views somehow matter to her. How does this tie in with her sudden show of expression?

Perhaps this is a mystery not meant to be solved, much like Kyon's mole, but I'm interested to hear what some of us think.
Old 2006-07-14, 23:12   Link #188
Biswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online

With the development of the story thus far, I thought to revisit the question of yuki's expression at 13:54 (see image above). Perhaps we can gain some new insight.

That was basically the most expression I've seen Yuki ever display through 11 episodes. Is it shock? Fear? Uncertainty? Whatever it is, we know Yuki looked calm and unperturbed when the door was opened. But since it was such a deviation from her normal expression, it became something that kept tugging at the edge of my mind. Surely it must have meant something!

Kyon had surmised that not opening the door was a joke played by Yuki. We know that Yuki seems to view Kyon as someone important, or at least his views somehow matter to her. How does this tie in with her sudden show of expression?

Perhaps this is a mystery not meant to be solved, much like Kyon's mole, but I'm interested to hear what some of us think.
Yeah, i noticed that and the mole the second time through! I hope they explain all that in a sequel!!!

ALSO i wonder if there will be any development with the shadow that was seen at the island by Haruhi...? ANything in the novels about that yet? If there is, no need to spoil it, but just a yes or no please :P. THanks!
Old 2007-03-20, 03:51   Link #189
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Exclamation Please Help!!!

Hey guys, just wanna ask what was the mole on Kyon's neck mean?Or does it have any meaning or connection at all??Please help.Can't get this off my mind..
Old 2007-03-20, 19:04   Link #190
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater_81 View Post
Hey guys, just wanna ask what was the mole on Kyon's neck mean?Or does it have any meaning or connection at all??Please help.Can't get this off my mind..
Well, as far as we know, it doesn't have any significance at all. <shrugs shoulders>
Old 2007-03-20, 23:53   Link #191
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater_81 View Post
It means KyoAni likes to screw with your head

Seriously, that's nowhere in the original novel, so it's probably just a red herring.
Old 2007-03-21, 09:04   Link #192
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Talking

lol.haha!

Damn KyoAni!!Thought there was something i missed!Anyway, thanks guys!

But who knows?....maybe there is....we just don't know yet...

Old 2007-08-08, 23:35   Link #193
haku2pure

Sorry for the bump, I just want to give my theory of the mole >.>;
I've been looking for a forum to give my two cents in.

Itsuki has stated that his outer attitude is a facade and that his real attitude is not very appealing. This might be a hint toward that, Itsuki the normally kind individual noticing simple flaws of the human body giving it a sinister glare of contempt is a change in his character and all together surprising.

That's what I think it was about anyway.
Old 2008-02-28, 16:50   Link #194
Digital Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
It's in oriental culture that you get that thingy(dunno it's english name...) if you lie...maybe it's implying Kyon is affacted by Suzumiya and is lying?
This seems like the best answer for that mole scene. If it is true, was Kyon lying about knowing it was a hoax the whole time? Or something else?
Closed Thread