Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Arrow Shounen no Abyss

Author and Artist: Minenami Ryo
Genre: Drama, Psychology, Romance
Type: Manga
Magazine Release: Weekly

Synopsis
In a town with nothing, in the middle of a daily life with seemingly no signs of change, high schooler Reiji Kurose was "just" living. Family, dreams for the future, childhood friends. All of them were binding him down to that city. He thought he would "just" keep on living like that. Until he met her. Is there hope in living? Is there light waiting ahead? It's the start of a boy meets girl series which reflects the "now".

I’m surprised no one created a thread on this series. Oh well, I’ll take up the mantle here. If you heard/read Hatsukoi Zombie, this one has a more darker tone compared to the previous work. There are 27 chapters released and so far it’s quite good.

Let’s hear what you guys have to say.

Last edited by Kirito; 2020-10-05 at 18:11.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-05, 12:10   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Lmao this manga

She's an abyss indeed
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-05, 18:12   Link #3
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

That or she could be on drugs. Who knows?
Old 2020-10-12, 17:27   Link #4
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Chapter 28 is out for anyone who’s interested.
Old 2020-10-19, 17:10   Link #5
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Chapter 29 is out for anyone that’s interested.
Old 2020-10-27, 22:43   Link #6
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Chapter 30 is out for anyone who’s interested.
Old 2020-11-02, 22:31   Link #7
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Chapter 31 is out for those who are interested.
Old 2020-11-09, 12:33   Link #8
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Chapter 32 has been released for anyone who’s interested.
Old 2020-11-23, 17:16   Link #9
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

For anyone who’s interested. Chapters 33-34 are out.
Old 2021-03-16, 08:41   Link #10
dark44

MC should forget about the bitch idol and crazy teacher and slutty mother and go for his fat childhood friend

mother now go for his childhood friend ?
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-21, 23:21   Link #11
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

This manga's been on my backlog for more than a year and I only just now got around to reading it. It took two days, but I'm all caught up.

Going off one of the author's previous works, Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku, I knew he had a penchant for writing depressing characters with depressing lives, but holy shit did he outdo himself with this one. Like damn bro, can my boi Rei please just find even a modicum of happiness during this never-ending cycle of darkness and depression? True to the title, It really is an abyss.

At this point, I just want Reiji, Chako and Gen (yes. him too) to find even a tiny bit of happiness by this manga's end.

Chako is collateral damage and got fucked up because of her involvement with Reiji. While she wasn't perfect and also did unintentionally contribute to Rei's suffering, her heart was in the right place for the most part and I'd give her a pass for the issues she's caused because she was a kid and didn't possess the maturity and insight necessary to handle things better than she did. Seeing how messed up she's become in the recent chapters is heartbreaking and I hope she gets a happy ending.

Gen too. While he is a piece of shit for trying to shackle Reiji and stabbing his girlfriend (despite not having anything to do with recent developments), I'll at least overlook some of the misgivings I've had with him on the grounds that anyone would become mentally unstable after:

1. Being manipulated into developing the mindset he currently has.
2. Murdering someone at age 11.
3. Wrestling with and coming to terms with his sexuality for all those years.

Besides these three, everyone else can go jump in a river for all I care. They're all pieces of shit for warping and emotionally scarring the characters mentioned above.

I'll make an exception for Kazamasu for the time being. He isn't as bad as the other characters in this manga.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2022-02-21 at 23:45. Reason: Found more chapters I hadn't read yet.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 02:57   Link #12
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Damn. Things are really escalating in these last few chapters. Are we nearing the end? Because it sure seems like it.

Reiji's mother is on some high level mind games right now. Everyone who interacts with her always end up getting ensnared by her. Now it's Shibasawa's turn. She's definitely the last boss our boy needs to defeat if he truly wants to find even a modicum of happiness in that shitty life of his.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2022-04-03, 11:55   Link #13
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
How does this fare in comparison to Aku no Hana? Not in the mood for a Hatsukoi Zombie-like story right now, but if its more like AnH, might proc my interests more.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 13:01   Link #14
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
How does this fare in comparison to Aku no Hana? Not in the mood for a Hatsukoi Zombie-like story right now, but if its more like AnH, might proc my interests more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Going off one of the author's previous works, Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku, I knew he had a penchant for writing depressing characters with depressing lives, but holy shit did he outdo himself with this one. Like damn bro, can my boi Rei please just find even a modicum of happiness during this never-ending cycle of darkness and depression? True to the title, It really is an abyss.
No need to worry. This one gets REALLY dark and depressing.

Admittedly, it isn't as good as AnH, but if that's the type of story you're looking for, this one is right up your alley. Suicide is a major theme in this story tho, so just keep that in mind going into it. MC has been entertaining and tried to follow through on it multiple times thus far.
Old 2022-04-03, 22:43   Link #15
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
No need to worry. This one gets REALLY dark and depressing.

Admittedly, it isn't as good as AnH, but if that's the type of story you're looking for, this one is right up your alley. Suicide is a major theme in this story tho, so just keep that in mind going into it. MC has been entertaining and tried to follow through on it multiple times thus far.
Sounds like a winner to me. Thanks for the suggestion =03.

Old 2022-04-05, 15:51   Link #16
frubam
simp for Lyria

Oh boi oh boi... got sucked down the rabbit hole on this one ! Was just too d**n good to put down, but I managed to stop myself at chp 39 since it finally stopped with the crazy cliffhangers. Wanna take at least a day to put things in perspective; let the events marinate a little.

Spoiler for up to 39:

Anyway, wonderful story so far. I didn't know the creator that did Hatsuzom was also the one that did Himegoto. Looked after seeing that in the comment and yep, sure was. I quite enjoyed that one, including the ending, so if that's what I can expect, I think even if the all parties involved are screwed, I know at least it'll have a reasonable explanation for the things that happened. But yeah, really, really enjoying this, even though I suck putting all of my thoughts into coherent comments these days. The drama puts me at the edge of my seat... okay okay... gotta stop, else I'll hype myself back up and start reading again .

Last edited by frubam; 2022-04-07 at 09:44. Reason: corrected name of a char
Old 2022-04-05, 18:19   Link #17
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^The ride isn't over yet. I'll reserve comments until you're all caught up.

But a lot of what you've said in your post aligns with my opinions at the time as well. What you think you know is going to get shaken up and twisted beyond recognition by the time you're all caught up and you're going to enjoy some of it and be mindblown by the rest.

Also, I find it funny how people know the author more for Hatsukoi Zombie when that's actually the outlier in his body of work.
Old 2022-04-08, 18:01   Link #18
frubam
simp for Lyria

OMFG!! These chapters are INSANE!! I could def let my excitement carry me all the way and finish all the chapters in one day, but then I'd couldn't properly digest the events. I'm having fun just trying to piece the current situation together. Not to mention, I will no longer having anything further to read, so I'm gonna make this last as long as I can(which won't be long ). Where to begin?

Spoiler for up to end 48:

Edit: Going back to beginning chapters, I can see a lot of change between then and now(now = chp 48).
Spoiler for :

Last edited by frubam; 2022-04-24 at 19:12.
Old 2022-04-26, 12:47   Link #19
frubam
simp for Lyria

Got up to 60. This was my reread, just to reintroduce myself to the series. Wasn't as jaw-dropping as the last batch of chapters, but still pretty darn good as things came to a sort of off-shoot conclusion to the crazy events preceding this.

Spoiler for to 48 ~ 60:

Spoiler for 61~69:

Last edited by frubam; 2022-04-26 at 16:45. Reason: added to 69
Old 2022-05-01, 13:47   Link #20
frubam
simp for Lyria

Okay, caught up. Couldn't resist going all the way to the end of the currently translated chapters given everything that was going on.

Spoiler for up to 92: