AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-19, 11:07   Link #21
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Browsing for subs at fansubwiki lists only Kesenai for this show. Perhaps one of the seventeen thousand groups doing Eden of the East might consider relocating some resources in this direction? (This isn't a criticism of Kesenai in any way; I haven't watched the other shows they've subbed.) Given the high level of excitement among the commentators here, not to mention the subject matter, I'd have thought this show would attract more interest among subbers.

[rant]I will say I find it a bit ridiculous, and annoying, that other Noitamina shows like Genji are starved for subbers, yet we now have ten versions of Eden episode one.[/rant]
Blame it on Oasis.

Well the same can be said for this. How many versions of Romance of the Three Kingdoms do we really need to see? The screencaps look interesting but still...

Eden of the East, Asura Cryin, K-On!, 07 Ghost, Valkyria Chronicles and Pandora Hearts are stealing the thunder (er... groups).
Old 2009-04-19, 11:10   Link #22
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Blame it on Oasis.

Well the same can be said for this. How many versions of Romance of the Three Kingdoms do we really need to see? The screencaps look interesting but still...

Eden of the East, Asura Cryin, K-On!, 07 Ghost, Valkyria Chronicles and Pandora Hearts are stealing the thunder (er... groups).
Don't forget FMA...
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 11:13   Link #23
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Don't forget FMA...
Yeah, despite being licensed in R1 it still has R1 groups fansubbing it. Those groups should do undersubbed titles instead imo.
Old 2009-04-19, 11:46   Link #24
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Doing FMA is an empty gesture when its clear that most groups will drop it once the C&D's come raining down.

In any case, Kesenai's subs are out now.
Old 2009-04-19, 13:29   Link #25
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Doing FMA is an empty gesture when its clear that most groups will drop it once the C&D's come raining down.

In any case, Kesenai's subs are out now.
[rant]
FUNi is streaming FMA Brotherhood from their own website. The subbers should have just not done it in the first place and saved FUNi some money. This whole situation is totally ridiculous. [/rant]

Downloading ep. 1...
Old 2009-04-19, 15:15   Link #26
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Just finished watching ep 1. Kesenai's subs are pretty good IMO.

Spoiler for Thoughts on ep 1:
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 19:46   Link #27
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Just finished watching ep 1. Kesenai's subs are pretty good IMO.

Spoiler for Thoughts on ep 1:
Wow those are my thoughts, too. I'm a sucker for political/warfare kind of show tho' so i'm following this series.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 02:42   Link #28
EmilScherbe1

Spoiler for debate references:
EmilScherbe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 13:23   Link #29
kruption

Glad to see some people are enjoying this show. I haven't read the manga yet but hopefully it won't turn out like Blade.
kruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 13:35   Link #30
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruption View Post
Glad to see some people are enjoying this show. I haven't read the manga yet but hopefully it won't turn out like Blade.
i thought the manga kinda meh the best RotK reinterpetation i have seen is Ravage of Time.
Old 2009-04-25, 14:11   Link #31
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
except that they won't
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 07:56   Link #32
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The very high Madhouse production values is really doing this show a favor IMO.

Like the fansubbers say, this is a total twist on the Three Kingdoms universe with a heroic following of Cao Cao. This one doesn't even seem to be remotely historic other than the characters that has long since become pop culture caricatures.

And man, the music and the VIOLENCE in the anime is just eyepopping. And I thought Sengoku Basara did the old feudal warfare thing in an exciting fashion, but this show actually tops that for me.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 16:34   Link #33
elindir
Overreacher

I love this show. I didn't thought that I would watch it at all, but I gave it a try, and now it is one of those shows that I can't wait to see week after week.
Old 2009-05-06, 19:39   Link #34
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
I'm pretty much just kicking back and enjoying Lunar's ride through the Violent Adventures of Crazy Eyes Cao Cao....

Ultra innacuracy aside, will this show be the one to break the curse and finally cover the entire "story" for a change?
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 19:40   Link #35
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Seeing how Cao Cao is just tearing it up on a heroic scale, I wouldn't mind if the story was solely on his own account. Couldn't care less about the whole story at this point.

I can't believe people shot this show down so unceremoniously in so many circles. It's just pure GARdom.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 22:41   Link #36
EmilScherbe1

deleted by myself

Last edited by EmilScherbe1; 2009-05-07 at 18:04. Reason: not subbed yet
EmilScherbe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 01:55   Link #37
crimmy88

This is one of my favorites this season and im really glad good subbers picked this one up.

Anyway, Shui Jing (((((((((((((((((

<3
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 04:10   Link #38
jtstellar

Just finished episode 4 of chinese sub. i must say having grown up reading the original romance of the three kingdom novel countless times, which was written in a view most sympathetic to Liu Bei's causes, i never was able to appreciate how great of a man Cao Cao was. His ability to analyze his surroundings and always make the right plans, and his perseverance in carrying out his plans without hesitation. it's true that this series is somewhat fictional to the original romance of the three kingdom history, but the essence of Cao Cao's character remains much the same. Perhaps it was because i was too young when i first read the chinese novel, but now i think back, Cao Cao is really as great a man as the person so far depicted in this series. He tried to use the political route and the rule of law to achieve his vision for the country at first, but once he realized the Han ruler at the time was incapable of bringing about the necessary corrections, he did not hesitate to build his own forces immediately with some very smart methods. Many other government officials or secular warlords during his time were hesitant in abandoning the tradition to achieve the changes they desired for the nation and they kept pandering between loyalty to the Han dynasty and outright rebellion, and many of them wasted their time and their lives in doing so. Cao Cao was truly a man of vision, if he were born in modern days, he would no doubt be an entrepreneur of unmatched wisdom, determination, and art of execution.
jtstellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 04:17   Link #39
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I thought it was based on Souten no Ken... my guess was wrong. Will skip this one.
Old 2009-05-16, 10:39   Link #40
justavisitor

just watched episode 6...man this show is getting better and better...how many episodes this show will have??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen