AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 41 21.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 29.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 12.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 5.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.53%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-12, 19:29   Link #261
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Before anything else... Have you read the prequel novel past chapter 1?
Everything translated to English I've gotten my hands on. (Four chapters at last count)

Quote:
It is entirely possible that she had friends in the past that have then disappeared. However, that doesn't mean that the situation looked like how Otonashi imagined.
I wasn't trying to imply that it happened exactly the way it did in Otonashi's head. Only that, given what we know, his general conclusion seems sound.
Quote:
And of course, she does know a whole lot about their world. She's able to utilize a certain mechanic of that world in order to materialize abilities that she programmed in her PC. This alone tells us that she knows about a few key basic concepts (self-repair, self-repair algorithm, how to hack into said algorithm, among others). That's certainly more than what Yuri, Naoi, or any other named character so far. It's like comparing elementary school kids to quantum physicists.
So she's learned how to work the system. That doesn't translate to knowing why the system is in place, or how to get out of the system. She may; I just don't think she does. I think she's simply been around long enough to have learned how the world works.
Old 2010-05-13, 03:40   Link #262
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvx360x View Post
Am I the only one that thinks that hug at the end felt wrong? I mean he was pretty much trying to erase his friends.
I felt the hug was plain wrong aswell. That guy was an ass and he decided to hug the guy out of nowhere.

It was:
dark rainy day
Blood shed across the campus
Bodies laying around
The SSS battle front team in the ground
A guy calling himself God

Yet, he still hugged Naoi that a*swipe.

Plus, after seeing what Naoi did you Yuri and Hinata I don't know what is up with Otonashi mind.

(I think I was disappointed too that I thought Naoi would going to be that clever main villian that everybody is going to face but now a new villian has to be born) Plus I was hoping to see Tenshi kick some butt too.
Old 2010-05-13, 21:00   Link #263
FateAnomaly

Yes, it seems weird. But stranger behaviour has already occured. Just treat it like its a dream and gloss it over.
Old 2010-05-13, 21:06   Link #264
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Yes, it seems weird. But stranger behaviour has already occured. Just treat it like its a dream and gloss it over.
What can be weirder than that.
Old 2010-05-14, 01:05   Link #265
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
ALLUSION TO SHAKESPEARE SPOTTED

But in all seriousness, I think I can see quite a bit of Shakespeare. lol.

The dream like stuff, then the storm being used...epiphany, like in King Lear, kind of.
Old 2010-05-14, 20:31   Link #266
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hey guys, do you think it is possible that Iwasawa was affected by Naoi's powers at the time when she disappeared?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-15, 00:57   Link #267
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Hey guys, do you think it is possible that Iwasawa was affected by Naoi's powers at the time when she disappeared?
Considering Naoi has the ability to trigger his power when you see an object and/or each an event, i say hell yeah.
Old 2010-05-15, 01:39   Link #268
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Considering Naoi has the ability to trigger his power when you see an object and/or each an event, i say hell yeah.
Ya if he had managed to ease drop on her past at some point when it was being discussed I could see that being his doing for sure.
MAL
Old 2010-05-15, 02:22   Link #269
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That's what I thought. For one, Iwasawa is not the one who would improvise. That would be Sekine. And I dunno, her performance suddenly felt forced. Like it was scripted. But it might be just me.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-05-15, 04:15   Link #270
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm definitely skeptical regarding this point:
First, it is shown that Ayato must focus on the target and the target themself must keep focus on his eyes.
Furthermore, Masami was shown totally on the move, and a surge of excitement just made her push her limits, living her "purpose" in music as it is.

I really can't see any evidence or foreshadowing point that could possible link her ascension with Ayato.
Old 2010-05-15, 07:50   Link #271
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Everything happened offscreen. And there must be a reason why Ayato suddenly knew about Iwasawa's past.
Didn't he say that he has planned stuff beforehand?

Old 2010-06-07, 00:38   Link #272
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Hmm is it just me or do all the "supposedly sad" parts in this anime seem to be "not" given enough time? I feel like if the characters were given some more development, some of these "sadder" moments would hit home-base...at least that's what it feels like so far watching these first 6 episodes together (i know i'm a bit behind....just picked up the series after realizing it was from Key...was pretty excited, but can't say i'm TOOO impressed with what i've seen so far after Kanon and Clannad, though both series had a lot more episodes to spread things out).

Must say though, I really like kanade :X
Old 2010-06-07, 00:47   Link #273
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Hmm is it just me or do all the "supposedly sad" parts in this anime seem to be "not" given enough time? I feel like if the characters were given some more development, some of these "sadder" moments would hit home-base...at least that's what it feels like so far watching these first 6 episodes together (i know i'm a bit behind....just picked up the series after realizing it was from Key...was pretty excited, but can't say i'm TOOO impressed with what i've seen so far after Kanon and Clannad, though both series had a lot more episodes to spread things out).

Must say though, I really like kanade :X
No...like Yuri instead...

But i agree with your point there. By ep 10, many do in fact
Old 2010-06-07, 01:29   Link #274
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Interesting line of questioning. What makes you say that?

Quote:
Everything happened offscreen. And there must be a reason why Ayato suddenly knew about Iwasawa's past.
Didn't he say that he has planned stuff beforehand?
That's the most skeptical part for me. How did he plan stuff out? He has his hypnotics but how -does- he plan stuff? He'd have to hypnotizing them rather well.

Explain?
Old 2010-06-07, 08:37   Link #275
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^No I think the hypnosis is more of a "instant" thing, like "here's a fake memory and disappear" kinda thing like with Yuri. So I doubt Iwasawa was hypnotized. See how all the guys controlled looked like mindless zombehs? yeah...

@risingstar, are you saying by episode 10 many people start to like kanade, or by ep 10 people like yuri again? I never really felt much for Yuri...she just rubbed off as kind of annoying
Old 2010-06-07, 13:09   Link #276
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
^No I think the hypnosis is more of a "instant" thing, like "here's a fake memory and disappear" kinda thing like with Yuri. So I doubt Iwasawa was hypnotized. See how all the guys controlled looked like mindless zombehs? yeah...

@risingstar, are you saying by episode 10 many people start to like kanade, or by ep 10 people like yuri again? I never really felt much for Yuri...she just rubbed off as kind of annoying
Well i means people start to acknowledge that this anime is kinda rushed with not enough character development. It's still good through (actually.... i lied, i want to bash the director's head with my chair by the time i finished ep 10)

You are lucky that the major populations still favour Kanade over Yuri here. Image a guy saying "I never really felt much for Kanade...she just rubbed off as kind of annoying", he will be flamed to dead
Old 2010-06-07, 23:59   Link #277
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Well i means people start to acknowledge that this anime is kinda rushed with not enough character development. It's still good through (actually.... i lied, i want to bash the director's head with my chair by the time i finished ep 10)

You are lucky that the major populations still favour Kanade over Yuri here. Image a guy saying "I never really felt much for Kanade...she just rubbed off as kind of annoying", he will be flamed to dead
Ah hahaha good point about the flaming part lol, but it's the "interweb" and my opinion is my opinion, so who cares .

It's kinda sad that everything is so rushed though, just finished up to and including episode 9...if they had more time to develop things it'd be much better...i'm kinda worried about how they're going to end this whole series with only 4 episodes (right?) left.
Old 2011-07-08, 15:42   Link #278
lightsenshi
Author

Is it my imagination or did Otonashi more or less ask Angel out?