AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 21:38   Link #1401
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Updates

Brandon Roy signed with the Timber Wolves.
Nicolas Batum signed with the Timber Wolves.

Ray Allen signed with the Heats.

Jason Kidd signed with the Knicks.

Nick Young signed with the 76ers.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 06:47   Link #1402
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ray Ray to the Heat, we still winning, get Camby and it's a wrap barring injuries. Also a 15-18 pick next year from Philly > 28th pick of this years draft, Riles knows what he's doing.

Camby/Anthony
Bosh/Haslem
Lebron/Battier
Wade/Allen
Chalmers/Cole

lol @ clevelands draft, and people still want to harp on about Lebron betraying them... their front office betrayed him from the start, luke jackson? lol... and lol when Kyrie does the same.... Cavs could've had the following.

Jonas Valančiūnas
Thomas Robinson
?
?
Kyrie Irving

As a lock for the next 10 years, they dun goofed up, but it's cool they got some guy last year which stopped them from getting Robinson this year and than got the next D.Wade.... lol.

Not scared of the Lakers unless Kobe buys into it, also don't think they'll get past the Thunder regardless. Happy that D.Wade and Bosh are recovering instead of going to the Olympics... the normal schedule will mean Wade should be healthier for the finals next season... not to mention that Ray Ray being signed also extends Wade's career...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 09:15   Link #1403
judasmartel
*Author

So, how plays starting PG for the Knicks, then? Though I could see Kidd mentoring Lin.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:06   Link #1404
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Ray Ray to the Heat, we still winning, get Camby and it's a wrap barring injuries. Also a 15-18 pick next year from Philly > 28th pick of this years draft, Riles knows what he's doing.

Camby/Anthony
Bosh/Haslem
Lebron/Battier
Wade/Allen
Chalmers/Cole

lol @ clevelands draft, and people still want to harp on about Lebron betraying them... their front office betrayed him from the start, luke jackson? lol... and lol when Kyrie does the same.... Cavs could've had the following.

Jonas Valančiūnas
Thomas Robinson
?
?
Kyrie Irving

As a lock for the next 10 years, they dun goofed up, but it's cool they got some guy last year which stopped them from getting Robinson this year and than got the next D.Wade.... lol.

Not scared of the Lakers unless Kobe buys into it, also don't think they'll get past the Thunder regardless. Happy that D.Wade and Bosh are recovering instead of going to the Olympics... the normal schedule will mean Wade should be healthier for the finals next season... not to mention that Ray Ray being signed also extends Wade's career...
Quoted for truth. It's great to be a Heat fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
So, how plays starting PG for the Knicks, then? Though I could see Kidd mentoring Lin.
I don't think it really matters who their PGs is considering how Carmelo plays.
Old 2012-07-08, 08:36   Link #1405
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I checked up rumor reports in the morning, it seems like the deal between the Lakers and Magics are coming through. Of course it will be Dwight Howard for Bynum. Metta World Peace was actually the inside source since he posted that the trade is about to be finalized on Twitter for everyone else to see.
Old 2012-07-09, 22:11   Link #1406
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Nets are trying make something happen.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...t-howard-trade
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 20:38   Link #1407
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Nets are trying make something happen.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...t-howard-trade
Lakers have counter that with another offer http://www.hoopsworld.com/can-lakers...ic-make-a-deal
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...es-source-says
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...hree-team-deal

Its a bidding war right now for Howard, guy must love the attention if it wasn't enough already. Question is who will come out on top. The Rockets draft picks are more favorable than the Nets, well we will see the results soon I think. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
Old 2012-07-11, 09:45   Link #1408
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

So the Bucks are keeping Ersan. Glad to hear, but not sure how I feel about the amount of money we're giving him, either way the best option for us was to keep him so whatever.

Now if we could somehow get Howard, lol. (let me dream)
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 14:52   Link #1409
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Nets just made an ultimatum to the Magics today. Either trade Dwight Howard to them by today or the deal is off. Quite strange, but anyway it is likely that the Magic is not going to fall to their demands. The Magics got better offers from the 3 way team trade of the Lakers and Rockets, and the Hawks. If Dwight Howard don't get traded today, you can exclude the Nets in the trade discussion for Howard during this off season, since they just offered a 78 million 5 year deal to Brook Lopez ( 15.6 Million each year) which is a horrible resigning in my opinion. More than likely the Magics will go for the Lakers and Houston trade, being that Houston will receive the Magics bad contracts and they will give them a lot of Draft picks. Rockets will receive the bad contracts from the Magics and Bynum from the Lakers. Lakers receives Howard.

Have to ask, why is this thread so lonely most of the time? Is everyone not following the off season of their favorite team?
Old 2012-07-11, 15:38   Link #1410
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

This thread never that merry.

n LOL seems the deal is off for good.
Old 2012-07-11, 16:26   Link #1411
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Just now, Rob Hennigan the new General Manger of the Magic had this to say to the Nets. "Better Luck Next Time", if you are the Nets that pretty much means your Poker Bluff was found out. The Nets are out of the race and Rob Hennigan are looking for new options. The most favorable ones are the 3 team trade of themselves, Rockets, and Lakers. The other option is the Hawks. Most likely the 3 team trade because if they choose the Hawks than it is unfavorable. The Magics don't want to strengthen up competition on the Eastern Conference even if they are in rebuilding mode.
Old 2012-07-12, 08:47   Link #1412
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Intrigued to see whether LA's big play will work. Enticing Howard to LA with Bryant and Nash? Could work. Whether that forms enough to go past OKC or SA? Not sure.

Miami picking up Allen and Lewis seems a good deal. amusing how quickly the talk went from 'The Big 3 is over!' to Riley finding additions to it.

Clippers taking Jamal Crawford seems a good acquisition.

Camby to New York. Guess that means Stoudamire can finally go to PF and Anthony to SF. Moreso that NY finally has some D?
Old 2012-07-12, 19:30   Link #1413
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Thread is so quiet......... Anyway, some teams are winning big in the free agency while others haven't moved an inch. and there are teams which have been destroyed. There are so many debate on who is a big winner in the Free Agency. The Nets had a good free agency off season, so have the Heats, and especially the Lakers. Biggest losers I have to say is the Mavericks.
Old 2012-07-12, 19:34   Link #1414
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Either the Mavericks or the Rockets. I feel bad for Dirk basically having to carry the entire team by himself for the rest of his career if he decides to stay in Dallas. At least he won a ring before he retired though.
Old 2012-07-12, 19:41   Link #1415
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Rockets so far gave up Kyle Lowry for a first round draft pick to the Raptors (Should have gotten a lot more in my opinion, though it is better than keeping him best to avoid a Point Guard Dwight Howard developing). Rockets are part of the deal with the Lakers to either get them Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum, likely they are going to get Bynum since he actually made the Rockets his short list to go next year when he becomes a free agent (Bynum and Howard are looking more so alike and that is a really bad thing). If that deal comes through than I say they had a productive off season.
Old 2012-07-13, 01:41   Link #1416
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Oh my god, what kind of dumbass Morey is.

Kevin Martin
Patrick Patterson
Chandler Parsons
Marcus Morris
Jeremy Lamb
Royce White
Terrence Jones
2013 TOR 1st
2013 DAL 1st

for

Dwight Howard
Chris Duhon
Glen Davis
Jason Richardson or Hedo Turkoglu

Zeus, houston just about to destroyed to pieces.
Old 2012-07-13, 06:35   Link #1417
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I don't see how Houston will get Howard unless there's some other signficant couple of other players they can snare. And with the likes of Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford already off the market, what could Houston possibly get to appeal to him? More rebuilding??
Old 2012-07-14, 09:12   Link #1418
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I don't see how Houston will get Howard unless there's some other signficant couple of other players they can snare. And with the likes of Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford already off the market, what could Houston possibly get to appeal to him? More rebuilding??
Well it isn't Howard say where he goes, it is the General Manager. It has to appeal to the Magic organization for them to take the trade. They should have taken the Lakers and Houston 3 way trade. Magic get a lot of cap relief and future round picks, if they were going to rebuild I say this is ideal. Lakers will get Howard while Houston get Bynum which is in their favor and also a bunch of bad contracts from the Magic. Bynum said he wanted to follow Hakeem foot steps which gives Houston reassurance he will sign back with them.
Old 2012-07-16, 17:55   Link #1419
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Hmmm, looks like Lin is going to Houston at this rate. That 3rd year of $14.8 million in his contract is probably the trigger.
Old 2012-07-16, 19:06   Link #1420
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Knicks are setting themselves up to be a lottery team.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote