AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-08-23, 11:55   Link #1
ReddyRedWolf

Macross Fan Fiction Thread

Summary:
NBSG/Reimagined Battlestar Galactica x Macross crossover The Colonial Refugee Fleet encounters the 37th Long Range Emigration Fleet Macross 7. Frak! Deculture!

Prologue

Chapter 1: That Weird Chick is an Alien.

Chapter 2: Macross

Chapter 3: All That VF

Chapter 4: Fleet of the Strongest Women
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 12:45   Link #2
ReddyRedWolf

Frak Deculture
Chapter 5: Satan's Dolls
Old 2008-08-29, 19:00   Link #3
magnuskn

Reading your fic, I get the impression you donīt like the Cylons very much. ^^
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 20:48   Link #4
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Reading your fic, I get the impression you donīt like the Cylons very much. ^^
Nah I just wanted to get rid of their deus ex machina resurrection ability.

You have to be surprised to the parallels of Battlestar Galactica to Macross.

From technological to social evolution.

Just that Macross is way better.

Your planet got wiped out? Go spread all over the galaxy your culture and your species.

Enemies? Culture Shock them and assimilate them.

Why build a dinky cramp ship when you can build an entire city or country in space.

Servile robots? Never let them evolve beyond juice machines and sweepers.

Evil cyborgs? We have Frakkking Grace O'Connor.

For fic writers you can post your Macross fan fiction here. Also reccomendations for Macross fanfiction.

I'm surprised the mod moved it here from the Fan Creations section.

I didn't even request a thread.

But given how popular Macross is lets have fun shall we?
Old 2008-08-29, 23:45   Link #5
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Interesting stuff I see here... I'm of the Nanoha OC Thread, who has taken an interest in the Macross timeline. How tolerant will this thread be to original characters?
Old 2008-08-30, 00:19   Link #6
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Interesting stuff I see here... I'm of the Nanoha OC Thread, who has taken an interest in the Macross timeline. How tolerant will this thread be to original characters?
Well NBSG is definitely AU since I added Battlestar Valkyrie.

Pegasus didn't blow up at New Caprica.

As you can see I managed to put characters from Macross anime, manga and eventually I'll add some drama album characters from Macross Generation.

Admittedly it is a quite a big timeskip from 2047 to 2059 where Macross Frontier happens.

While Macross Frontier deals with the Vajra and Macross Galaxy in my fic Macross 7 deals with the Colonials and Cylons obviously.

Not to mention "She" is back. Probably the greatest mistake the people of Earth ever made. Worse than Cylons will ever be.
Old 2008-08-30, 10:48   Link #7
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I'm surprised the mod moved it here from the Fan Creations section.

I didn't even request a thread.

But given how popular Macross is lets have fun shall we?
Well, an inadvertent request might have been made here.

Read your prologue, and I figured it's a waste leaving the thread in the Fans Creation section. Macross related fan-fic will have more exposure among its fan and the forum dedicated to them. I'm also hoping more fans who are sitting on their own fan-fic on Macross will be inspired to submit their work here.

Good job with the detail by the way! Reading the prologue made me realize how little I know about Macross and the premises it's based on.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 01:09   Link #8
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Is there any fanfic for the fate of the Megaroad-1? It's been 25 years, there has to be one!

As for me I have no plans for a fanfic instead I have one for a blatant Macross homage/parody with me and my friends as characters I've thought about it since I first saw SDFM (as Robotech) more than 10 years ago but haven't really worked on it yet. What I have so far are basic designs for four ships (one transforms into a robot, one is sleek and fast and two have BFGs), a working title (AWSM, Alliance of the World Space Military ) and a premise (hostile aliens detected while observing nearby exoplanets with a new space telescope). Just putting these out here for documentation
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 01:20   Link #9
magnuskn

Not wanting to discourage your writing, but self-insertion fics tend to be the worst kind.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 02:49   Link #10
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
It's probably a bit late for this, but this is my first fanfic for Macross F. I was super heart-broken with episode 12 (Fastest Delivery), especially when Sheryl was alone up on that deck in Gallia-4 staring at the sky--which this fanfic is based on.

With that, I give you Showpiece.
Old 2008-08-31, 06:26   Link #11
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Is there any fanfic for the fate of the Megaroad-1? It's been 25 years, there has to be one!
With my circle we've got quite a few unwritten ones, and mine is just a nod from within another universe.

Though on another note, the Macross Frontier is headed towards the same area as the doomed Megaroad-1. Maybe we'll have that mystery solved for us?
Old 2008-09-01, 02:58   Link #12
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Not wanting to discourage your writing, but self-insertion fics tend to be the worst kind.
No worries, I know what you mean. It's like they just transport themselves in the fictional universe and be the God character or whatever. In whatever I write I, the author, am still god and inserted characters are tweaked and screwed about as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
With my circle we've got quite a few unwritten ones, and mine is just a nod from within another universe.

Though on another note, the Macross Frontier is headed towards the same area as the doomed Megaroad-1. Maybe we'll have that mystery solved for us?
I see. I don't think we'll get that in Frontier. Besides, a fan's take on it might be better?
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 00:42   Link #13
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm currently working on something called "The Few and The Proud", which is an AU reimagining of SDF Macross... with the addition of the UN Marine Corps 44th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable) & 2 UN Marine Valk squadrons, as well as a custom Marines-only Valk, the VF-1M (which is basically a J with stronger armor and less thrust, and a Ka-bar).

Tough I'm thinking of setting it amidst Frontier instead... how do you make VF-171s more badass? By making them MARINES, that's how. *nods* They'll still die, but they'll die being badass.

I was also going to do an NBSG/SDF Macross cross, where the Cylons eyes would bug out at the sight of Max and Millia, at max Will, with Love, Accel, Focus, dancing through their fire and blowing up everyone.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 01:51   Link #14
ReddyRedWolf

Now Max and Millia are just too plain unfair don't you thnk?

I just unleashed Isamu, Aegis, Moaramia and Chlore on the raiders.
Old 2008-09-03, 10:55   Link #15
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I'm currently working on something called "The Few and The Proud", which is an AU reimagining of SDF Macross... with the addition of the UN Marine Corps 44th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable) & 2 UN Marine Valk squadrons, as well as a custom Marines-only Valk, the VF-1M (which is basically a J with stronger armor and less thrust, and a Ka-bar).
Interesting idea... someone else also had such an idea and ran with it. Check it out!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 12:09   Link #16
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Now Max and Millia are just too plain unfair don't you thnk?

I just unleashed Isamu, Aegis, Moaramia and Chlore on the raiders.
I don't see how it's unfair, they're only in VF-1J Supers, not their VF-22Ss. This takes place a short while after the end of SDF Macross but before the Megaroad's launch. They'd also have their friends from the Marines along for the ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Interesting idea... someone else also had such an idea and ran with it. Check it out!

Lol, figures I wouldn't be the first person to have this idea. But I'm moving in a different direction from this though; it's just going to have a few shout outs, but little overt crossovers, and some subtle cameos...

"Bravo Six, we have a Tomahawk dead in the water, callsign 'War Pig.' Lieutenant Vasquez, your unit is shotgun, over."

...or not so subtle afterall.

The VF-1M is a bit different from the VF/A-3 Strike Eagle that this fella's written. For one thing, it's still a Valkyrie, and it's not written in italics like everything this guy writes (you can tell he's a Battletech player. They italicise everything. Even nicknames). Secondly, unlike this mech, it's basically a modified VF-1J; thrust is sacrified for stronger armor, basically, and it's gotten strengthened joints so that punching Zents is more viable... and also has a modified left forearm that stores a valk-sized Ka-bar. As for parts, it's something like 80-85% compatible with the VF-1J and most valks. Basically I wanted to make a valk variant for the Marines that would be somewhat unique and yet still be part of the VF-1 family, sort of how we have the different F-4 Phantom variants for the USN, USMC and USAF, but all are Phantoms.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 12:40   Link #17
ReddyRedWolf

Frak Deculture
Summary:
NBSG/Reimagined Battlestar Galactica x Macross crossover The Colonial Refugee Fleet encounters the 37th Long Range Emigration Fleet Macross 7. Frak! Deculture!

Chapter 6: Speaker Pod
Old 2008-09-11, 17:18   Link #18
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

I'm also planing to write a fanfic on Macross F Btw Red wolf nice fic ^^

I planing to make OC that also work for private military company like the sms. But the thing is My OC will be wacky to say the at least. He an anime otaku (Likes anime that was made before the space war I) His call sign is Otacon XD He uses a heavily customize VF 4 Lighting which named ( Viper Zero is up to par to most VF in that Macross frontiers era. His emblem is Haruhi's SOS dan emblem ^^;;
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 23:32   Link #19
ReddyRedWolf

Good for you!

More and more authors are writing crossovers.

Stars on Fire by Inquisitor
A Macross Frontier/Halo crossover

I'll probably finish the new chapter of my fic later today.
Old 2008-09-11, 23:52   Link #20
VhenRa

I have always said Macross and Battlestar Galactica would go well together... Similar Styles of Warfare... (Craploads of Fighters :P)

Oh and

Quote:
I was also going to do an NBSG/SDF Macross cross, where the Cylons eyes would bug out at the sight of Max and Millia, at max Will, with Love, Accel, Focus, dancing through their fire and blowing up everyone.
All the while Kara is gaping at how they are severely outperforming them?

Oh Crap... That almost makes me want to torment the Cylons by having them show up in SRW OG....
VhenRa is offline   Reply With Quote