AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 13 28.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 24.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 13.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-28, 22:06   Link #21
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Spoiler for Location of Seireiden in Episode 6 - 15?:
Since it's probably not a spoiler now... Seireiden was at a certain plain in China.
Spoiler for but:
Old 2012-01-28, 22:53   Link #22
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
And the rings... Yuuji has one and shana like 3 or 4
Yuuji's ring is Azure.
Shana's rings are the Chorde, which she took from Kasha, whom she defeated in two separate ways in the light novels and the anime.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-01-29, 00:55   Link #23
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Yuuji's ring is Azure.
Shana's rings are the Chorde, which she took from Kasha, whom she defeated in two separate ways in the light novels and the anime.
thanks.. I really don't remember.. I'll check

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
If you do not mind the spoiler, I can reveal the answer in spoiler thread. Still, I cannot be sure whether the anime will reveal what the rings are, or not in subsequent episodes.
I wouldn't mind maybe you can help me
Old 2012-01-29, 03:22   Link #24
alvinkhorfire

@Elf song
Thanks for revealing the correct location of Seireiden in Episode 6 - 15. + rep if possible.

@taichi-kun
Marcus H., the owner of Shana Wikia, has answered your question on my behalf. Refer to Marcus H.'s answer, because Marcus H. certainly knows more about Shakugan no SHANA than me. + rep if possible for Marcus H.'s answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
And the rings... Yuuji has one and shana like 3 or 4
Answer:
Quote:
Yuuji's ring is Azure.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2012-01-29 at 03:36.
Old 2012-01-29, 08:35   Link #25
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Kasha was the guy that Shana killed a fraction of second before he could eat Konoe, right? But those rings were really useless, just made random explosions not even enough powerfull to scratch Shana. Or maybe they were lethal yet not enough fast to catch her. At best, I think that Shana may use those as a decoy, I don't think they can actually hurt the Trinity or Yuji.
Old 2012-01-29, 09:52   Link #26
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Kasha was the guy that Shana killed a fraction of second before he could eat Konoe, right? But those rings were really useless, just made random explosions not even enough powerfull to scratch Shana. Or maybe they were lethal yet not enough fast to catch her. At best, I think that Shana may use those as a decoy, I don't think they can actually hurt the Trinity or Yuji.
There is more than meets the eyes about those rings.

---------------------

Next episode will have a LOT of talk again, I can guarantee that.
Old 2012-01-29, 09:56   Link #27
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

@alvinkhorfire
Lol at mentioning my name five times in a single post.
But I'm a bit embarrassed; I actually paused watching Shana Final because I'm attached to Dragon Nest for the meantime. I'll get back to the wiki soon.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-01-29, 12:29   Link #28
Senshigeia

I watched this episode two days ago, but I haven't made my comment yet. For me it's an 8/10. Great episode but I remember some previous ones that were perfect, and also I am expecting some explosive ones in the next weeks.
It's good to have some character development after So much action. Loved to see Margery driving a car, and I LMAO when I saw Marco on the seat next to her! Also, loved Shana and her melon pan, so cheerfulty eating it.

I also thank for explaning those rings and reminding where Shana got them. I was like WTF when I saw them.

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-01-29, 14:24   Link #29
taichi-kun

Thanks again, I read the wikia... yeah Yuuji with azure will be more badass,poor shana...
Old 2012-01-29, 17:24   Link #30
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I can see it now. Next episode: Yuji, who found the 'new' Shana displeasing to his tastes, decided to fall back to Plan B, where he accepts Yoshida's love. Shana's love goes unrequited, no matter how hard she attempts to win Yuji back with her normal tsundere antics (urusaii x3). Yuji will then crush the entire Flame Haze force and live happily ever after in Xanadu with Yoshida.

Back to the episode, it was an OK intermission episode. We don't actually learn anything new/big about the characters or about their plan from now on.
Old 2012-01-29, 21:52   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well think it was an important episode just to get into the heads of the characters a bit. Plus needed some kind of reason to oppose Yuji's plan and this is good enough. Go down a road of sacrificing lives now to save everyone down the road. True enough if this plan would eventually lead to the destruction of all the worlds then it would be bad. Sure for those who just want to live peacefully now it's fine. While possible things wouldn't go that bad, can't exactly trust the Tomogara to behave themselves without any Flame Haze keeping an eye on things.

Kind of ironic that Yuji fought so hard to protect Misaki City and is now going to bring the final battle to it. He has to know there will be a fight to stop this and yet he'll bring that city into the line of fire.
Old 2012-01-30, 00:38   Link #32
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The dialog indicated that developments are underway for the setting up of the final confrontation, even though this marked the calm before the storm.

Spoiler:

However, Sophie Sawallisch also made another valid point.
Spoiler:

And, coincidences could not be smaller.....
Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-30, 08:23   Link #33
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well think it was an important episode just to get into the heads of the characters a bit. Plus needed some kind of reason to oppose Yuji's plan and this is good enough. Go down a road of sacrificing lives now to save everyone down the road. True enough if this plan would eventually lead to the destruction of all the worlds then it would be bad. Sure for those who just want to live peacefully now it's fine. While possible things wouldn't go that bad, can't exactly trust the Tomogara to behave themselves without any Flame Haze keeping an eye on things.

Kind of ironic that Yuji fought so hard to protect Misaki City and is now going to bring the final battle to it. He has to know there will be a fight to stop this and yet he'll bring that city into the line of fire.
Either the 15,000 year war stops now with a plan that pretty much has the most sanest conclusion possible or somebody decides to carpet bomb the entire debacle.
Old 2012-01-30, 09:07   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Damn, nobody told me Shakugan no Shana would be a globe-trotting adventure

Anybody has any picture to compare Hong Kong with ? I know from a certain past series JC Staff are pretty diligent when it comes to depicting real world locations...
Old 2012-01-30, 09:10   Link #35
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So who were those 3 people in like the desert that suddenly got found by someone? Didn't get who they were or who found them. Pheles appeared for a bit.
Thanks to Shana Wikia, I have obtained the names of those 3 people. I will reveal it in the Spoiler thread.
Spoiler for The Names of Those 3 People:

According to Elf song, they make a short appearance in Shakugan no Shana Final episode 13 (9 minutes 12 seconds) in their human disguise.
_____
I could not say it better than the following text quoted from another forum.
Quote:
In one of the scenes in the ED showing SotF Yuji holding Blutsauger, there is a reflection on the sword, showing that he had a pretty evil-looking smile there. It was the 2nd image before the image of Yuji and Shana clashing. So, Sairei no Hebi may be holding something back from Yuji.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2012-01-30 at 10:59.
Old 2012-01-30, 11:09   Link #36
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Hope Okamoto Nobuhiko (Accelerator)'ll be Southvalley's voice actor.

In ED, Bel Peol looks like sadistic woman
Three gods, you're too cool!
Shana's arm with Nietono no Shana in the last pic is weird. Look like it's floating without attaching to her body.
Yeah....Hecate always looks so cute too as usual. And I love the pose of Chiara standing atop Zorya
Old 2012-01-30, 11:35   Link #37
Kristen
*Author

Ooh! Yuji meets Yoshida next episode! Love confession coming? ^^
Old 2012-01-30, 16:14   Link #38
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That was an awesome episode. The Flame Haze side really needed an episode like this in order to fully flesh out their motivations, and hence make their overall cause more sympathetic.

Also, as much as I love action-packed anime episodes (especially in this show), it really was a welcomed break in the action to have a slower, more deliberative, more character development-focused episode like this one. It really did do a lot to cast all of the remaining Flame Hazes in a sympathetic, if not likable, light.

Shana's way of explaining the Flame Haze misgivings with Snake of the Festival's plans also sounded a bit clearer to me than Centerhill's did. She did a good job of taking what he said, and putting it in more
"down-to-Earth" and easily grasped terms, imo. Shana may or may not be right, but her position is a defensible one, and makes sense.

It's also interesting in that it shows just how incredibly duty-bound Shana is. Hearing her reasoning honestly made me think of an environmentalist activist arguing that we need to cut down on our energy use or somewhere way down the line the Earth's weather systems will be drastically harmed by what we do.

Not everybody is visionary enough, or selfless enough, to truly care about the long-term future of Earth and/or humanity. At a personal level, Shana may well be happier simply going along with Yuji's plan and presumably becoming Queen of his new world Xanadu. She could spend hundreds upon hundreds of years in peace and tranquility there, but she chooses instead to put her duty first. There's something about that which is pretty remarkable, and also admirable. Whether or not one agrees with Shana, I feel like you have to respect her.

That being said, Kazumi Yoshida's all-time No. 1 fan Kristen has given me an idea. I wonder why Yuji is going to meet up with Kazumi and Eita? Is he trying to sow dissension in the ranks? Is he going to try to sincerely persuade them to join his side of the conflict? Does he want to send a message to Shana through them? Does he want them to be moles for Bal Masque within the remaining Flame Haze ranks? Is he just looking up old friends, wanting to enjoy some time as though he was a normal human before he goes back to doing his Sosuke Aizen impersonation?

No, I think that he he's fed up with Shana not going along with his grand plans for him and her, and is saying...

Yuji: Screw little Miss Flame-haired Blazing-eyed Hunter! Girl doesn't respect the main man Yuji enough, yo! God of Creation right here, brother!

Dantalion: Preeeach it, myyyyy brotheeeeerrrr!!!

Yuji: Feel my ability to create endless bling! Now I'm going to share that, and Queenship of all Xanadu, with Yoshida-Mama!

Sydonay: Right on! You're one bad motherfu...

Hecate: Watch your mouth!

Sydonay: I'm only talking about Yuji!

Hecate: Oh, then I can dig it!

And I dig this episode. 9/10 for Episode 16.
Old 2012-01-30, 19:20   Link #39
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Screw you, I read those lines in their respective voices.
But nice analogy with environmental activists there.

Old 2012-01-30, 19:59   Link #40
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
^ Screw you, I read those lines in their respective voices.
Oh, that's what I intended! I think it's funnier that way. Especially for Dantalion and Hecate.

Quote:
But nice analogy with environmental activists there.
Thanks!