AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-02-15, 15:23   Link #881
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Those Gundams you talked about aren't actually grossly outdated. They were perhaps slightly inferior, technologically, to their newer counterparts.

But here I am talking about a Gundam that is decades old. Unless Flit somehow bridges the technological gap, I don't think he himself would want to take the risk of piloting a plausibly inferior suit.
AGE 1 is outdated but Asemu who doesn't have anywhere near the piloting experience as Flit still seems to be holding his own against the vegans. Plus the age builder is a way that allows it to keep up with the changing of the times as well.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 18:42   Link #882
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Those Gundams you talked about aren't actually grossly outdated. They were perhaps slightly inferior, technologically, to their newer counterparts.

But here I am talking about a Gundam that is decades old. Unless Flit somehow bridges the technological gap, I don't think he himself would want to take the risk of piloting a plausibly inferior suit.
Your right the Age-1 is old but considering how poorly the Genoace II, Shaldoll Custom, and Adele have done against the Veigan and that the Age-1 has done okay job of holding it's own with a rather inexperienced pilot I could easily see Flit using it because it's the best option he has. The Age-1 isn't as good as it once was but it still seems to preform better then the mass production MS.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 19:13   Link #883
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Your right the Age-1 is old but considering how poorly the Genoace II, Shaldoll Custom, and Adele have done against the Veigan and that the Age-1 has done okay job of holding it's own with a rather inexperienced pilot I could easily see Flit using it because it's the best option he has. The Age-1 isn't as good as it once was but it still seems to preform better then the mass production MS.
the AGE-1 in Asems timeline was upgraded throughout the years, Vargas even said so himself, its a entirely different machine from when Flit piloted it
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 20:10   Link #884
casval cehack

Probably upgraded and tuned by Flit himself, all while raising and giving gunplas to Asem.
Old 2012-02-15, 20:16   Link #885
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
the AGE-1 in Asems timeline was upgraded throughout the years, Vargas even said so himself, its a entirely different machine from when Flit piloted it
It's not entirely different machine not even close it probably should be classified as a kai or custom model because of the tuning and minor improvements.

Although now that I have thought about some more it seems rather unlikely that Flit would have the option since most likely the Age-1 frame will be used to build the Age-2.
Old 2012-02-15, 20:31   Link #886
casval cehack

If they'll go on that path, Flit the EFF chief could just order a custom Adele if he is keen on avenging Yurin.

Will she earn her own Asuno exclusive Gundam too?

Last edited by casval cehack; 2012-02-15 at 23:29.
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 15:16   Link #887
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
If they'll go on that path, Flit the EFF chief could just order a custom Adele if he is keen on avenging Yurin.
Well I agree with you're general theory but more likely Flit would go the Madorna Workshop have them build him a custom MS based off of the Gundam data like they did with G-Bouncer rather then just get a custom Adele. I wouldn't be surprised if already had one since he has given the Gundam to his son.

Quote:

Will she earn her own Asuno exclusive Gundam too?
I don't think we are going to see much of his sister and if she gets anything it will be either a hand me down Gundam or a custom MS.
Old 2012-02-17, 03:05   Link #888
casval cehack

Any hints of a female gundam pilot in any gundam show is good.
Old 2012-02-17, 10:03   Link #889
ReddyRedWolf

Something occurred to me. Would the Federation be pressured enough to scrap the Silver Chalice treaty at this time?

Peace feelers among the Federation may suggest the treaty is still intact.

With a full blown war the Federation would have to choose if they are going to open sealed technologies a hundred twenty five years before.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 10:09   Link #890
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

This is only possible if the Federation loses a major battle this arc
Old 2012-02-17, 18:35   Link #891
casval cehack

With Flit now at EFF's helm and the Vegans using sealed mobile suit technologies every since (based on Yark Doles actions), they could very well scrap it. But weren't the belligerents ignoring it the whole time?
Old 2012-02-17, 20:59   Link #892
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
With Flit now at EFF's helm and the Vegans using sealed mobile suit technologies every since (based on Yark Doles actions), they could very well scrap it. But weren't the belligerents ignoring it the whole time?
I think the earlier MS technologies during the colony wars are more advance than what Yark Dole was selling. Don Boyage was quite enticed with Grodek payment of a particularly sealed file.

Also note that since Mars settlers abandonment occurred 50 years before the Silver Chalice treaty the technology would be more advance than what either side is using right now. Note the Gundam is a legend. The Age device a technology black box.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 03:44   Link #893
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I think the earlier MS technologies during the colony wars are more advance than what Yark Dole was selling. Don Boyage was quite enticed with Grodek payment of a particularly sealed file.

Also note that since Mars settlers abandonment occurred 50 years before the Silver Chalice treaty the technology would be more advance than what either side is using right now. Note the Gundam is a legend. The Age device a technology black box.
Yark Dole's black market technologies are probably "export versions" of the old yet advanced Vegan ones they're using in Zedas and other suits (but in limited numbers).

I believe the Age System is less of a black box in Asem's time, since the EFF manage to produce a mass production model Adele (they took decades though) and incorporate proven Age-1 designs in custom suits like G-Bouncer.

The EFF could scrap the treaty (which only covers the Federation signatories) later in the war, but IMO it would be more of a symbolic action.
Old 2012-02-18, 12:42   Link #894
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I believe the Age System is less of a black box in Asem's time, since the EFF manage to produce a mass production model Adele (they took decades though) and incorporate proven Age-1 designs in custom suits like G-Bouncer.
Do note that the designs that came out of the AGE System are not the same thing as the AGE System itself. The actual AGE System that includes the AGE Device don't seem to have been mass-produced, which would only be expected if Flit wanted to keep the direct products of the AGE System to the Asuno family.

The Federation might've gotten the schematics for the base frame of the Gundam itself, its wears and it weapons, but it's unlikely they have access to the actual AGE System itself.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 17:25   Link #895
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
^I believe the HG Adele manual directly mentions that the AGE System wasn't mass produced; specifically it was mentioned under the "Earth Federation" section I believe, so you're right. Makes sense I guess, because I reckon it would be troublesome if the enemies can easily capture one and replicate it. Not to mention possible extra costs associated.

Having said that, I won't be surprised if the EF requests schematics and design upgrades from the AGE System through, since Flit is working under them. I think Flit will oblige as long as he is directly in charge of the system. With its designing capabilities, it can do a lot for improvements if it has battle data.
Old 2012-02-18, 19:31   Link #896
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Do note that the designs that came out of the AGE System are not the same thing as the AGE System itself. The actual AGE System that includes the AGE Device don't seem to have been mass-produced, which would only be expected if Flit wanted to keep the direct products of the AGE System to the Asuno family.

The Federation might've gotten the schematics for the base frame of the Gundam itself, its wears and it weapons, but it's unlikely they have access to the actual AGE System itself.
Noted. The EFF don't even need to mass produce the phone, the 3d printer and the "battle analysis OS" parts of the Age System, only necessary information (which makes the System less of a black box) to replicate the actual hardware and software needed to produce Adeles. The gundam unit/s also still stays critical to the EFF.
Old 2012-02-19, 02:55   Link #897
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I've always wondered though, where is the thinking computer anyways? Is it part of the AGE-1's hardware that is completed or unlocked when the AGE Device is inserted or is it solely the AGE Device itself? I don't think it has ever been described which one it is specifically, aside that its there and functioning when the Gundam is operating when the AGE Device is on it.
Old 2012-02-19, 03:05   Link #898
monster

The way I see it, the AGE System consists of:

The AGE Gundam: weapon used in battle
The AGE Device: initializes the Gundam and collects battle data
The AGE Builder (and associated computer) : analyzes collected data and builds new weapons/modifications for the Gundam

Or maybe the AGE System is just the computer that analyzes the collected data and produces new designs which it then sends to the AGE Builder to actually build.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 04:10   Link #899
casval cehack

How about this one:

Age Haro: functions as an interface dock for the Age Device for transfering Gundam battle data to the System itself (as shown in episode 4).
Old 2012-02-19, 05:31   Link #900
bio9205
Reborn

Just wondering, did the HG AGE-2 Normal's manual say anything about the 4 wings on its shoulders? Are they meant to be wings in Strider form, or do they have any melee cutting ability, perhaps?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote