AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-23, 05:13   Link #27861
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
well I guess, you never see a turkish, iranian, or syrian people in real life, some of them has pale skin and look like caucasian (pres Assad has blue eyes cmiiw), but you can easily tell the different between them and the germanic archtype.
Caucasus
Old 2013-04-23, 05:14   Link #27862
Ridwan

^Ah, forgot that one
Old 2013-04-23, 05:26   Link #27863
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
my bad, I never thought caucasian has so many sub races.
Old 2013-04-23, 06:24   Link #27864
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
my bad, I never thought caucasian has so many sub races.
And sub-humans.

Anyways... some background on the Boston bombers:

Quote:
“Why did the current system allow two individuals to immigrate to the United States from the Chechen Republic in Russia, an area known as a hotbed of Islamic extremism, who then committed acts of terrorism?”

— Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, April 22, 2013
Quote:
One undisputed fact about the Tsarnaev brothers is that they were both minors when they arrived in the United States. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was 8 or 9, while his older brother Tamerlan was 15 or 16.

Second, they ended up in the United States because their father, Anzor Tsarnaev, applied for asylum.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...5459_blog.html

After a quick read -- the story sums up:

It's simply one family, who had to escape a region that's constantly screwing with them. Ultimately, they made it into the United States. Sounds like your standard immigrant story.

So, if anyone has any ideas about the bombers coming to the US for the sole purpose of committing terrorist acts -- that needs to be dissolved right away.

And too bad about the name "Tamerlan". It's soiled a bit, in which, he's likely named after a great Mongol general.
Old 2013-04-23, 06:40   Link #27865
Ridwan

The past Tamerlane was a much worse human being. This is nothing compared to his adventure during late medieval era.
Old 2013-04-23, 07:14   Link #27866
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

French embassy in Libyan capital hit by car bomb
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...93M05320130423
At first I thought ''what, again ?'' , before realising than it was Libya, not Liban .

U.S. rejects North Korean demand for nuclear status
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...93M03R20130423
Old 2013-04-23, 08:46   Link #27867
kyp275
Meh

U.S. seizes $21 million from Fisker, bankruptcy filing expected.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013042...ker-Automotive

bye bye Fisker, we hardly know ye.
Old 2013-04-23, 10:10   Link #27868
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
For an author with the word "Dr." behind his name, this was one stupid question.
I'm sure Fox looked far and wide to find someone like Keith Ablow. He can always be relied upon to provide a right-wing perspective on events, even as in this case where his professional training provides no guidance whatsoever. He recently put himself forward as a prospective candidate to fill John Kerry's Senate seat, but apparently even the Massachusetts Republican Party couldn't get excited about that prospect. Ablow had the egotistical gall to believe that the entire MA Republican Party would coalesce around him so he wouldn't need to run in the primary. When the Party said it would be running a primary, Ablow withdrew his name from consideration.

There was also a rash of comments by gun rights supporters along the lines of, "Gee, I bet you Watertown folks now wish you had a gun to protect yourselves." I no longer live in Watertown, but I didn't have a gun then, and I don't have one now. I prefer to let trained professionals handle situations like these.
Old 2013-04-23, 10:19   Link #27869
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
There was also a rash of comments by gun rights supporters along the lines of, "Gee, I bet you Watertown folks now wish you had a gun to protect yourselves." I no longer live in Watertown, but I didn't have a gun then, and I don't have one now. I prefer to let trained professionals handle situations like these.
I sometimes wonder if those idiots think a gun is like an impenetrable force field rather than a super powered crossbow.
Old 2013-04-23, 11:29   Link #27870
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

A thought just crossed my mind:
The police stated that they saw a blood trail leading outside the stolen car. I question the training of their canine units: why couldn't they have sniffed out the suspect a lot earlier?
Old 2013-04-23, 11:36   Link #27871
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
A thought just crossed my mind:
The police stated that they saw a blood trail leading outside the stolen car. I question the training of their canine units: why couldn't they have sniffed out the suspect a lot earlier?
The evaporation of blood does not give off a smell, excretion like sweat/urine does, while the smell of flesh is 50/50. There is no way to train a dog to smell what does not release a gaseous odor upon evaporation/sublimation.

Not all dogs can pass specific sniffer-dog trainings. Some dogs are passive not to react, while others may have strange reactions, peeing, sitting around it, jumping around or the worst, picking it up then wagging its tail at you, or even chasing you with it as you try to run from the "bomb parcel". And each sniffer-dog may have a sensitivity to a type of odor generated, they may detect one, but not another.

I worked with sniffers once. Cute little things, but damn lazy.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-23, 13:08   Link #27872
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Boston bomb suspect's wife assisting probe: lawyer
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...93M14720130423
Quote:
The wife of the dead Boston Marathon bombing suspect is assisting authorities and she is in absolute shock that her husband and brother-in-law were accused of the deadly blasts, her lawyer said on Tuesday.
Israeli spy says Syria used chemical arms, U.S. unconvinced
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...93M07H20130423
Quote:
Syrian government forces have used chemical weapons - probably nerve gas - in their fight against rebels trying to force out President Bashar al-Assad, the Israeli military's top intelligence analyst said on Tuesday.
The assessment met with skepticism from the United States, which has declared any use of chemical weapons in Syria's two-year-old civil war a "red line" that could trigger intervention.
Old 2013-04-23, 13:20   Link #27873
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Israeli spy says Syria used chemical arms, U.S. unconvinced
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...93M07H20130423
If I was working with an Israeli spy, I wouldn't trust him. Heck, I would even swap a couple of shotgun shells from the muzzle of a double-barrel for his "spit" as insurance for double-crossing.

But if I am hearing his intelligence assessment, I would believe him and salt on the margin. The Americans don't call them "duplicious little bastards" and the Chinese wouldn't hate their expats for no apparent reason; but that is what makes them good spies.

Then again, I wouldn't say they "used" chem weapons. It is probably a leak from one of their secret stockpiles.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-23, 14:26   Link #27874
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I sometimes wonder if those idiots think a gun is like an impenetrable force field rather than a super powered crossbow.
It is neither

That said, if I was there at Watertown, you're damn right I would prefer to have my weapon. Am I going to go out and hunt the guy down? of course not, but if by some sheer misfortune the guy decided to pick my house as a temporary refuge or last stand or whatever, you bet I would much prefer to have my rifle as opposed to a baseball bat, or place myself at the mercy of a mass-murdering terrorist.
Old 2013-04-23, 16:31   Link #27875
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Boston bomb suspect's wife assisting probe: lawyer
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...93M14720130423
Sad for the girl to see her life fall apart like that. Although my inner cynic suspects the lawyer is there to help with the upcoming movie deals, publishing rights and talk-show appearances...
Old 2013-04-23, 21:42   Link #27876
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

2 women hurt during L.A. manhunt to receive $4.2M

Quote:
Los Angeles will pay two women $4.2 million for wounds suffered when police mistakenly shot up their truck during the February manhunt for former officer Christopher Dorner, who went on a revenge-fueled killing spree before dying in a Southern California mountain cabin.

Margie Carranza, 47, was shot twice in the back and her 71-year-old mother, Emma Hernandez, was cut by broken glass when seven LAPD officers fired at least 100 rounds into their blue Toyota Tacoma pickup as they delivered papers before dawn Feb. 7.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ement/2107289/

Old 2013-04-23, 21:56   Link #27877
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Sounds about right. Unlike the Boston Police department, the LAPD MASSIVELY screwed up the Dorner manhunt. It was particularly egregious since the ladies in this case weren't doing anything. The LAPD literally just saw a white van, and started shooting it up (I heard they'd even RAMMED the van of that other guy).

It'd a miracle the LAPD didn't kill anybody. As much of a murderer Dorner was, I think the Citizens of Los Angeles had just as much to worry form their law enforcement.
Old 2013-04-23, 22:00   Link #27878
Destined_Fate

Damn...

Why does the LAPD have such bad aim? One hundred bullets... What the ****. Couldn't they have just aimed for the tires or something? I mean c'mon!

I only have basic military training but even I was taught how to shoot and how one bullet can be more deadly than a hundred depending where it lands.
Old 2013-04-23, 22:12   Link #27879
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Damn...

Why does the LAPD have such bad aim? One hundred bullets... What the ****. Couldn't they have just aimed for the tires or something? I mean c'mon!

I only have basic military training but even I was taught how to shoot and how one bullet can be more deadly than a hundred depending where it lands.
What's really scary about the LAPD, is I've read some comments by ACTUAL Iraq war veterans who commented that their rules of engagement were more stringent about firing on vehicles suspected of being hostile than what the LAPD goes by.

That rather scares me.
Old 2013-04-23, 22:31   Link #27880
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The LAPD have had a bad reputation since the automobile was introduced to them.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international