AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-01, 12:35   Link #3121
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
or specific mental state like Hayate do in the past:
Hate (the father/parents)
Sadness (the way things around him goes)
Depression (from all his friends)
Want to Die (but scared to die) and
Longing for someone to share Loneliness
This must be it. Hayate's metal sadness and unhappiness were so strong that it was comparable to the stone's curse.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 13:00   Link #3122
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
This must be it. Hayate's metal sadness and unhappiness were so strong that it was comparable to the stone's curse.
*Imitates Phoenix Wright*

OBJECTION!!

What if..

What if...

Isumi has powers of purification, Athena has powers related to opening the path to the RG, and Hayate has powers of misfortune / cursing.

Awww, no wait, screw that! He's always wearing a purified gem, so that theory goes down the drain, unless he isn't aware of his powers (wouldn't surprise me at all), and he needs to willingly do it (curse things, lol).

Okay, this sounds real shaky...

Anyway, we don't know how did they enter the RG the first time. Did Athena open it herself, or did they use the stones? But if the stones were cursed from the start, then how? And in 241, Mikado holds a bunch of them in one hand. Isn't that.... a bit too much? Hayate wore only one, and in a week he went through the misfortune of a lifetime..

Hmmm...

1. Were the gems family heirlooms, or were they found in some archeological dig (basically did they find them in the RG afterwords, yeh I know it doesn't make much sense)?
2. What exactly are Athena's powers? To open the path when in possession of a purified stone?
3. Mikado held a bunch of gems in his hand 10 years ago (241). How many were missing?
4. Is Himegami Hayate's brother the perpetrator, and now final boss, completely engulfed in misery because of the loss of his love Yukariko (note: also, a complete bastard for leaving Nagi all alone)?
5. The RG is in another dimension, or otherwise unreachable by any normal means. Is the access to it only in Japan? Specifically Hakuo?

If so, how did they locate the entrance?

Wait. Athena is holding something that resembles a compass in 241. Kay, her powers are related to locating the entrance.

Ugh, well I completely lost track of what was I about to write now...

Got guests, so bai bai for now~
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 13:18   Link #3123
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
*Imitates Phoenix Wright*

OBJECTION!!

Wait. Athena is holding something that resembles a compass in 241. Kay, her powers are related to locating the entrance.
OBJECTION? You can't objected the power of Hayate. That is ridiculous.

Athena has the power to locate the entrance of the RG. Needless to say, there are still many questions unanswered.
Old 2009-10-01, 14:27   Link #3124
Rah

Yes I can. ^_^

Yeah, well, Athena is basically a living compass. She could act as a GPS if you got lost somewhere with her, or if you went with her on a trip.
Old 2009-10-01, 14:36   Link #3125
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Yes I can. ^_^

Yeah, well, Athena is basically a living compass. She could act as a GPS if you got lost somewhere with her, or if you went with her on a trip.
Nope, you can't objected his power of unluckiness as given by Isumi's family as the "most" unluckiest person on the planet. Which in this manga, he is the unluckiest person in that world.

Not really a living compass, better the yet, far away from it. Sure, she has the power to detect the a gate/door to a different dimension, but that is just a tiny part of what she is. Please, do not describe her as an object.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-10-01 at 15:13.
Old 2009-10-01, 14:54   Link #3126
Used Can

Fighting is a man's way of having a conversation. Let us see what happens.

I hope some of the issues get solved on the following episodes. Naturally, I wouldn't like all of them to be solved, since it is always fun to have some mystery, but having knowledge on some basic things would be nice.
Old 2009-10-01, 15:05   Link #3127
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

i have been waiting for a format reuinion scene since chapter 187....lest hope at this time time Athena doesnt ruin it
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 15:46   Link #3128
zodanhko
*ignoring*

The translation is out on mangahelper.

And WHAT IS THIS? Maria REALIZED that Hayate is meeting up with Athena, and she calls Athena "Athena" not Tennousu-san??? I'm lost.
Old 2009-10-01, 15:55   Link #3129
Used Can

I'm fairly sure Maria was talking about Athens, and not about Athena.
Old 2009-10-01, 16:00   Link #3130
zodanhko
*ignoring*

"I get the feeling that Hayate-kun isn't going to get cheered up once he reaches Athena."

Hata tried to confuse people or is it the translator? I'm pretty certain Atene was used to described the place , not Athena...

Edit: Hina's expression was really well drawn this chapter. And Athena can use telepathy, confirmed.
Old 2009-10-01, 16:25   Link #3131
Rah

Hayate: C-Compass-chan!!
Compass: Yes, Hayate. I was phone.
Audience: USO DAAAAAAAA!!!!

Edit~

Kay, so after reading 242 (well, page 12 that is) I'm .... not sure what's going on.

It might be a messed up translation. Maria & Nagi can't possibly know about them together. They arrived back to the mansion with Ayumu, after the museum trip, and Hina hasn't told anyone about what happened. Unless they're constantly spying on him, or something else... *sigh*

Now, depending on the translation Hayate might have been totally beaten. Machi says how he still has "some" strength left, and if allowed to use his "special skill" on a corpse-like Hayate...

Must be a messed up translation... at least the Maria part...

Last edited by Rah; 2009-10-01 at 16:56.
Old 2009-10-01, 16:48   Link #3132
GDB

Quote:
Hata tried to confuse people or is it the translator? I'm pretty certain Atene was used to described the place , not Athena...
The raw definitely says Atene (Athens), not Atena (Athena).

Quote:
Edit: Hina's expression was really well drawn this chapter. And Athena can use telepathy, confirmed.
Agreed on Hina's expressions. As for the telepathy, it could be Athena or it might be Machina. Hard to say at this point, especially since Machina was the one who instigated the communication.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 16:50   Link #3133
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The raw definitely says Atene (Athens), not Atena (Athena).
Then, the translation is off then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Agreed on Hina's expressions. As for the telepathy, it could be Athena or it might be Machina. Hard to say at this point, especially since Machina was the one who instigated the communication.
From the scanlation, it is confirmed that Athena indeed used telepathy, not Makina. Makina yelled out loud asking Athena's permission to use his hidden technique, and Athena replied using telepathy which caused Makina confused.

http://mangahelpers.com/s/magicalbum...5?t=1254431102
http://mangahelpers.com/s/magicalbum...6?t=1254431111
Old 2009-10-01, 17:00   Link #3134
Rah

Mhm, so it was a bad translation. Good, good....

Telepathy? What if Maki-chan is a robot? A-tan can simply use a device to communicate things / issue direct orders (if he disobeys, since he's self aware).

Old 2009-10-01, 17:03   Link #3135
GDB

Quote:
Then, the translation is off then.
That it is.

Quote:
From the scanlation, it is confirmed that Athena indeed used telepathy, not Makina. Makina yelled out loud asking Athena's permission to use his hidden technique, and Athena replied using telepathy which caused Makina confused.
My bad. I was distracted by Hayate's demon eyes.
Old 2009-10-01, 17:03   Link #3136
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Mhm, so it was a bad translation. Good, good....

Telepathy? What if Maki-chan is a robot? A-tan can simply use a device to communicate things / issue direct orders (if he disobeys, since he's self aware).

Are you being seriously? Or am I becoming like Isumi in some way?
Old 2009-10-01, 17:14   Link #3137
Rah

Quote:
Are you being seriously? Or am I becoming like Isumi in some way?

Spoiler for :
Old 2009-10-01, 17:27   Link #3138
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Spoiler for :
If you think Makina is a cyborg, it could be. If you said she used a device to put her thoughts into a cyborg (although nothing of the sorts shown), it could happens. If you think she can't use telepathy using magic which is much more likely, it may be.

But like I said before, are you honestly/seriously believe that she used a device to communicate through thoughts to a cyborg? I sure can't prove that he is not a cyborg nor can you prove he is, but I do want to know your thoughts after you read the scanlation.

Btw, really nice picture for the moment. It actually gives me some hostility to be honest.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-10-01 at 17:38.
Old 2009-10-01, 17:39   Link #3139
Rah

Quote:
If you think Makina is a cyborg, it could be. If you said she used a device to put her thoughts into a cyborg (although nothing of the sorts shown), it could happens. If you think she can't use telepathy using magic which is much more likely, it may be.

But like I said before, are you honestly/seriously believe that she used a device to communicate through thoughts to a cyborg? I sure can't prove that he is not a cyborg, but I do want to know your thoughts after you read the scanlation.

....What???

I said that "it might not be telepathy at all" if she used a device it could be some sort of a remote control with a microphone. Machi heard the voice in his head, and it can't be proven if its either at this point.

If he isn't a robot / cyborg (same thing...) then he has a really interesting name for a normal human / alien / demon / homunculus (doubt this one).

Misunderstanding cleareeeeeeedddd!! Ahahahaha!! Woooooohhhhooooo!! *Lun Lun impersonation*
Old 2009-10-01, 17:46   Link #3140
GDB

Quote:
If he isn't a robot / cyborg (same thing...)
Robots are 100% mechanical. Cyborgs are humans with mechanical enhancements or replacements at points vital for living. Not the same. =P

(And for reference, Androids are robots with organic enhancements.)

Tags
comedy, shounen