AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-25, 11:32   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Kannagi - Character Discussion - Jin Mikuriya

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Jin Mikuriya related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Kannagi fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-10-27, 19:30   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

So - what was the deal with the band-aid, already?
Old 2008-10-27, 19:31   Link #3
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
So - what was the deal with the band-aid, already?
Bruised himself while carving the statue?
Old 2008-10-27, 20:00   Link #4
Falkor

no love for Jin?

I wonder why this guy is so lucky to have three girls around him… and he doesn’t seem interested in any of them, which makes matters worse…

After watching the opening sequence for the nth time, and noticing that all characters have a “mini role” within the “idol story,” I found it strange that Jin was missing, or not exactly missing. He was always there—to be more precise, as Nagi’s manager. It makes sense now... but geez how the heck did I miss it?

Following the logic that he prefers big oranges, it’s sort of weird that he doesn’t seem to be interested in Tsugumi at all, given that she is his childhood friend, and thus lives very close to him (and don’t forget that she has just the “right size” as well). I have no doubts that he is a pervert, or a bit too self-conscious of his own situation, with special regards to Nagi and Zange-chan—but he lacks the same "kind of perversion" with Tsugumi. Is it because they have known each other for too long? or that he really doesn't have anything going on for her... Hopefully that conversation he had with Zange would make sense later on... or at least explained in full details...
Old 2008-10-27, 20:38   Link #5
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
no love for Jin?
He has the thankless role, of course - the male lead at the center of the harem. Even the really good ones (Shinichiro, for example) never get much love from the fans. Yet there's no series without them. I, for one, find Jin to be one of the more appealing variations on the character this year.

As for Tsugumi, I just don't think Jin has reached a level of emotional sophistication yet where he can separate his feelings of friendship from possible romantic ones. That sort of lets her out as an object of affection, for now. Clearly he's aware of the opposite sex in the physical sense, but he doesn't seem to have much of a clue what to do about it.
Old 2008-10-27, 20:46   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

He does mention to Zange that he has some unresolved matter with his childhood friend but it'd be better if he just said it to her directly....

... but I'd be lying if I said I had any idea which way THAT foreshadowing flies.
Old 2008-10-28, 02:21   Link #7
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
no love for Jin?

I wonder why this guy is so lucky to have three girls around him… and he doesn’t seem interested in any of them
Thats simple his gay!! what else could it be being surrounded by three girls and not liking any of em.....................but then again he isnt immune to blushing and nosebleeds though when the girls do a bit too much
Old 2008-10-28, 02:50   Link #8
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

How old is Jin, perhaps 16?
Old 2008-10-28, 03:42   Link #9
d-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
Thats simple his gay!! what else could it be being surrounded by three girls and not liking any of em.....................but then again he isnt immune to blushing and nosebleeds though when the girls do a bit too much
well, he have a really big admiration feeling to Daitetsu

and there's one chapter in the manga where they're...
Old 2008-10-28, 03:53   Link #10
Raniie

Here are some of my observation and thoughts about Jin and how rapidly his character has changed in just 4 episodes:

Episode One:
+Jin getting aroused by staring at Nagi's ass.
+Jin trying to grope Nagi when she was half asleep.
+Jin getting aroused by staring at Nagi's pantsu and offered to wash it for her.

Typical male harem like-character personality traits.

Episode Two:
-Jin is suprisingly a different person in this episode; as in a bit more mature and in control of his senses and feelings. Actually I might've think that Jin has completely given up on having any romantic relationship with Nagi at some point in this episode, period. As he no longer shows any type of affection in this episode at all and the later episodes to come.
-Jin's male harem-like behavior vanished in just one episode, amazing!
-Jin didn't show any type of affection toward Nagi at all.
-Jin didn't show any type of affection toward Tsugumi either.

Notable scenes in this episodes were:
+Nagi's pantsu he was holding without showing any embarassing thoughts.
+Jin giving Nagi a piggyback on their way back home. Especially the way he was carrying her. His hands were getting a very good "grasp" on her tights, yet he didn't think much about what his hand is feeling at all.

Episode Three:
-Jin much like episode two, pretty much very in control of his senses and feelings for the opposite gender around him.
-Jin dodged Nagi's HUG ! 'nuff said.

Only notable scene are:
+Jin accidently almost saw Nagi's pantsu under the table.*
*Special note: This scene is a bit different from how it happened in the manga.
+Jin being cautious about his oppai perference around Tsugumi.

Still no sign of who Jin may be interested in...

Episode Four:
-At this point, it seems Jin is treating Nagi almost as if she is his real imouto. Just their interaction with each other is evident enough in this episode and from the previous episodes.

Only notable scene are:
+Jin getting a lick on the cheek by Zange.
+Jin's ecchi thoughts 'bout Zange.

What we know is:
~Tsugumi openly likes Jin. As in she's aware of it, but haven't shown her feelings for him yet.
~We also know Hakua appears to have some type of crush for Jin as well, but what we don't know is why and how that crush on him was developed from, yet.

Zange and Nagi are pretty much in netural terms with Jin, more so with Nagi than Zange. As Zange most likely have a different type of agenda for wanting Jin.
==========

That's what I've gathered for now, might add more if anything else pop up.
Old 2008-10-28, 09:34   Link #11
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
This guy is pretty much an oddball for a typical harem male lead.
Old 2008-10-28, 23:58   Link #12
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniie View Post
Zange and Nagi are pretty much in netural terms with Jin, more so with Nagi than Zange. As Zange most likely have a different type of agenda for wanting Jin.
Spoiler:

Supporter of sisterly love supports TsugumiXJin as well.
Old 2008-10-29, 00:12   Link #13
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, Jin solves Nagi's and Zange's problems, they go back to their deity duties, and Jin will couple up with Tsugumi .... thats my speculative prediction if we get an ending. My cynic bet is on a non-ending 'reset'. Anything else would be quite unusual for a story.... though welcomed over a non-ending.

Don't see how they could explore some of the complexities of the manga within the short time budget they have in the anime.
Old 2008-10-29, 00:40   Link #14
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, solve Nagi's problem, she goes back to her deity duties, and Jin will couple up with Tsugumi .... that'd be my prediction if we get an ending. My cynic bet is on a non-ending 'reset'.
My bet (most likely a lossing bet) is on Zenge's harem ending.

Anna, Hakua and Nagi needless to say are must-be-there members; the club president and Tsugumi (if she gets tired of Jin) are also welcome.

Thinking if good to be JinXDaitetsu. Boys' love, anyone?
Old 2008-11-01, 12:25   Link #15
Oxtail

Just because Jin showed attraction to Nagi in episode one doesn't necessarily mean he was developing romantic feelings for her. And it would be hard to find a guy who's not a little turned on from a hot nun licking their face. Heh.

On the other hand, until Jin starts showing some physical attraction to Tsugumi, their relationship is not gonna go anywhere.
Old 2008-11-02, 18:58   Link #16
Lugia_yao
Framehaze

Send a message via MSN to Lugia_yao
In manga, Jin really pay much attention to Nagi, but Nagi seems already had someone else...
Old 2008-11-04, 00:59   Link #17
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
So... I hear that this guy can fight pretty well.
Old 2008-11-04, 19:05   Link #18
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

The sticking plaster thing is an annoying motif that keeps cropping up recenty, especially on the nose. I first noticed it in Moyashimon where it randomly appeared and disappeared in place of Aoi Mutou's nose, I presume it's some idiom like the sweatdrop thing.

As for who Jin will end up with, my money is on Hakua - she fancies him and he clearly liked her body, so if Nagi gets Zange out of there and they go back to being sacred trees then it would be a neat ending. Maybe she could do a Hotaru and expel Zange from herself?

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-11-04, 20:21   Link #19
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

He's 16 - he likes boobs. In the end, that may not be the deciding factor.
Old 2008-11-04, 20:44   Link #20
JMvS
Rawrrr!

For the plaster, after re-reading the manga I noticed it was used for a pun at the end of chapter 1:

http://www.onemanga.com/Kannagi/1/34/

Tags
characters