AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-02-17, 19:15   Link #1
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Resident Evil/Biohazard 4 & Online (Outbreak)

Well I wanted to post about these games as I have been a fan of the Original 3 (and Code Veronica) for sometime. Unfortunately I don't own a Gamecube or a PS2 so unless I get some money together I may not experience these games at all! However I have been following their development process and would like to hear everyones views as to whether they think the series has any potential left or if it has been flogged to death already.

I'd especially liike to hear what people think about:

The fact there will be no Zombies in RE4, (personally I think this may prove a welcome change although I'm not sure how they are going to fit the story line around this, I have some inkling......).

Resident Evil Outbreak (online), may not be online at all in Europe! I feel this would be a major cop out as have felt the online teamwork dynamic could have excellent. This will really be a kick in the teeth if it comes to pass.............

What features do you think the series could incorporate to improve? (Aside from better voice acting and an improved control system).
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 19:40   Link #2
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
Well I wanted to post about these games as I have been a fan of the Original 3 (and Code Veronica) for sometime. Unfortunately I don't own a Gamecube or a PS2 so unless I get some money together I may not experience these games at all! However I have been following their development process and would like to hear everyones views as to whether they think the series has any potential left or if it has been flogged to death already.

I'd especially liike to hear what people think about:

The fact there will be no Zombies in RE4, (personally I think this may prove a welcome change although I'm not sure how they are going to fit the story line around this, I have some inkling......).

Resident Evil Outbreak (online), may not be online at all in Europe! I feel this would be a major cop out as have felt the online teamwork dynamic could have excellent. This will really be a kick in the teeth if it comes to pass.............

What features do you think the series could incorporate to improve? (Aside from better voice acting and an improved control system).
That there are no zombies was proven false. The village people at the beginning are infected with a new form of the virus and have not turned totaly into zombies. The full out zombies show up a little later in the game. The control has been great for a while now. As has the voice acting. If they improve the dual character system in RE0 it could be something really fun.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 12:07   Link #3
Samurai X

Resident Evil Outbreak is starting to look pretty good. My roommate had the privalege of getting to beta test it and it was very interesting. One thing is for sure, you really need to stick together with the people your playing with cause later on in the game things get kinda rough for just one person. Playing with people you know will probably help out, that way you can work on strategy and things.

On a side note from the manuel that came with the beta test it looks like REO will install in some way to the PS2 hard drive. Hopefully this will allow for any bug fixes and maybe some new levels or something. Hopefully it will cut down on load times some also.
Samurai X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 12:45   Link #4
thegreatjason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai X
On a side note from the manuel that came with the beta test it looks like REO will install in some way to the PS2 hard drive. Hopefully this will allow for any bug fixes and maybe some new levels or something. Hopefully it will cut down on load times some also.
I saw the same thing, but I heard they weren't gonna do this with the US release becuase they can't really depend on the sales of a HD. I think it was in a PSM a few months back, I would hope for support of the HD, but unless everyone has one, they can't really do downloadable bug fixes and add ons.

As for RE4, the screenshots and info look sick, this game _should_ be awesome, but as i've come to expect from Capcom recently, they aren't a company you can rely on for stellar releases any more, the fact that it is now a GC exclusive _again_ really pissed me off, since the GC controller sucks. The camera view looks awesome though, kinda of like a 2 1/2 view or something, i'd love to see the new Gungrave game have this kind of view system.
thegreatjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 13:04   Link #5
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I only played the 3 original RE games on the PS1 and I really enjoyed them, but I'm in the same situiation as tsuru because I also don't have a Gamecube or PS2. I'm thinking of getting the PS2 mainly for RE: Outbreak, but the network adaptor and the HD parts are expensive so I'm having second thoughts.
Old 2004-02-20, 12:18   Link #6
Samurai X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
I'm thinking of getting the PS2 mainly for RE: Outbreak, but the network adaptor and the HD parts are expensive so I'm having second thoughts.

Techinally you don't need either of those to play Outbreak because it does have an offline single player mode and all that you really need to play online is the network adapter. The hard drive is something thats purely optional.
Samurai X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 12:04   Link #7
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Well now it's been made official by Capcom: the European version of Resident Evil Outbreak will not feature online support when it'll be released in September. In compensation, two CPU-controlled characters will assist the player in solo mode.