Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-20, 23:42   Link #101
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Was than Renton's seiyuu I heard in episode 8, I wonder?
Old 2006-07-21, 09:32   Link #102
lavielove

Interesting.. I only know two seiyuu in this anime one is Kei Shindou and another one is Noto. this thread is quite dry without noto's photo ^.^

Yume Tsukai Avatar series made by me
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-07-25 at 11:36.
Old 2006-08-02, 07:15   Link #103
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskandar Taib
OK then, where does one find the manga scanlations these days? The link at the beginning of the thread goes to some nonexistent torrents.
To answer my own question:

http://www.thehawks.org/hawks/bt/ind...Dream_Users%29

Their tracker was down for a while, it's back up. Be careful, the HQ download is almost 1 GByte (for 3 volumes of manga... ^_^;. I'm currently grabbing, will seed for a few days once done, which might be in a few days... these have to be among the slowest torrents I've come across.

Iskandar
Old 2006-08-02, 07:23   Link #104
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskandar Taib
OK then, where does one find the manga scanlations these days? The link at the beginning of the thread goes to some nonexistent torrents.
To answer my own question:

http://www.thehawks.org/hawks/bt/ind...Dream_Users%29

Their tracker was down for a while, it's back up. Be careful, the HQ download is almost 1 GByte (for 3 volumes of manga... ^_^;. I'm currently grabbing, will seed for a few days once done, which might be in a few days... these have to be among the slowest torrents I've come across.

Iskandar
Old 2006-08-23, 01:21   Link #105
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

So, now that the show is over, what did people think of this quaint little romp?

Did anyone else think the moral of the story was a bit twisted?

Spoiler:

But I'm probably reading WAY too much into it .
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-08-23, 01:36   Link #106
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Slightly twisted, but perhaps truer than people would like.

The moral is that everyone needs to be able to escape from reality in their own head and so they should not be judged on what they fantasize about. The difference between fantasy and reality is knowing what you should and should not do.

While it was okay for Touko to fantasize about her father (albeit inappropriate), she stepped over the line when she tried to kiss him. Hence, he freaked out a bit and told her never to do that. But what goes on in the privacy of someone's head is not a sin.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-08-28, 06:51   Link #107
Iskandar Taib

If you've seen the manga, you'll see where this show is coming from... ^_^;;; Weird, "inappropriate" desires are everywhere. The anime IS quite a bit different from the manga, though. The stories are different, the entire premise about "dreams becoming reality" doesn't seem to be at least in the first story arc of the manga (i.e. the first three volumes, which is what I've managed to find scanlated so far). In that story, it wasn't dreams going crazy causing all the trouble, it was the somewhat more common bit of someone digging up something that should've remained buried. LOTS of weird "sex" in there (no, they don't show THAT stuff, but they show other stuff that is even.. worse??.. ) but it's a pretty good story, all in all. The main character, or instigator, in the manga is replaced by a different girl in the anime, she's given the same role (to introduce us to Rinko and Touko) but it's a different girl, the "problem" is a different one, and the name "Kei" is given to the "victim".

The Yume Tsukai are a little different in character in the manga. In the anime, Touko has a "spell" because she "hadn't had enough sleep", in the manga, she drank too much and had to throw up.. ^o^ Yup, she's a lush. The extent of Hajime's "devotion" didn't appear until pretty late in the anime, but it is there. Rinko is pretty much the same. Satoka.. Well, haven't seen much of her as yet in the manga, but she's got a somewhat.. um, unique way of eating Pocky.. ^o^
Old 2006-08-28, 15:46   Link #108
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

As a sort of "Fansubber outtakes"... I had a kind of tricky time coming up with a translation for Satoka's special attack:

Jap: Satoka no oyatsu wo meshiagare! (literal translation: Satoka's snacks, eat them! (humble+command form))

Rejected:
Satoka's snacks, Eat This!
Satoka's snacks, Chew on this!
You got served! Satoka's snack attack!
Satoka's snacks, try some of this!
Satoka's snack attack, eat up!

Final version: Have a taste of Satoka's special treat!

(we had to add special to force the correct connotation to "treat"... plus I liked the alliteration).
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-08-28, 18:27   Link #109
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

That's great! I love that. "You got served! Satoka's snack attack!" Lol!

As for the inappropriate desires of this show and possible appology for people feeling the same, I wasn't bothered by the source of Touko's nightmare, but I was disturbed by Hajime. Remember that scene where he was giving out treats to neighborhood kids and drooling over them? He serious creeped me out. It makes me nervous to think that one day he might go too far since he is so comfortable with having the hots for immature children.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-30, 23:42   Link #110
ellifeedn
Thinker

I stumbled onto this series and while I like the character designs and love the op the plot needs work. I saw in the previous posts that the anime took several elements from the original manga series and left out the plot which, according to posts in this thread, was... "interesting". You never know what you can find if you look randomly now in days.
Old 2007-12-01, 00:47   Link #111
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I saw in the previous posts that the anime took several elements from the original manga series and left out the plot which, according to posts in this thread, was... "interesting"
There was a better plot in the anime though. The manga's plot was "cases and then a sudden finish".

Made me regret buying the manga...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-01, 09:25   Link #112
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
There was a better plot in the anime though. The manga's plot was "cases and then a sudden finish".

Made me regret buying the manga...
The only exposure I've had to the manga was a scanlation of the first three volumes. It's weirder by FAR compared to the anime. Really, really bizarre. The first three volumes was one "case".

Iskandar
Old 2007-12-01, 14:11   Link #113
Thany
Unfair

The manga was way superior to the anime.
The anime is just a butchery, they made it into a sailormoon-like anime
And they removed most weird stuffs out of it too...
Old 2007-12-01, 22:17   Link #114
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i like the manga more then the anime.

The anime was alrite but the manga was much better and wierder.
Old 2007-12-04, 15:46   Link #115
ellifeedn
Thinker

I saw all but ep12. For some reason I can play the other 11 but not the last one. Can anyone help?
Old 2007-12-04, 16:09   Link #116
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I saw all but ep12. For some reason I can play the other 11 but not the last one. Can anyone help?
Uninstall all codecs and install CCCP. If that doesn't work, then please post about it in the Playback Help Forum, that's what it's there for.

This is not a technical help thread, so the discussion stops here.

Old 2007-12-04, 20:43   Link #117
ellifeedn
Thinker

^Sorry I didn't know about that. I tried what you said and it worked like a charm. The ending was unexpected and it managed to give this series an end. I give it 9/10. This series I give 8.8/10.
Old 2008-05-17, 14:31   Link #118
ellifeedn
Thinker

I checked out the full op and ed of the show and I really like them. Nothing else to really say. I think I'll let the thread die in peace now.
Closed Thread