AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-27, 20:16   Link #501
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Wtf? 39900 yen for a non-painted resin kit? That's crazy! And it's only sold during this year's summer Wonderfest. Man, they sure know how to leech off otakus in Japan...
Old 2008-06-27, 23:55   Link #502
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

I wonder how people paint these without mismarking and having to get more to start over again.
Old 2008-07-01, 08:45   Link #503
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

YES YES YES YES YES!!!! My Nia Artbooks are here!!!! Woohoo!!!!

Here's some scans of the cover and bromides before I go debind the book for full scale scanning.

The bromide scans are small and crappy because the bromides are actually printed on 9cm x 13cm photographs. And the reflective surfaces somehow revealed the inside stains of my scanner...

Old 2008-07-01, 09:04   Link #504
7Th
Mixtape

Thank you, musashiken! Just wondering... is there an illustration by Imaishi in the book?
Old 2008-07-01, 09:18   Link #505
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Thank you, musashiken! Just wondering... is there an illustration by Imaishi in the book?
Unfortunately no. He's not in the list of artists for the illustrations.
Old 2008-07-01, 09:26   Link #506
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Unfortunately no. He's not in the list of artists for the illustrations.
Could you post the list, pretty please? I'm only certain of Sushio, Nishigori and Yoshinari.
Old 2008-07-01, 10:04   Link #507
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Well that will have to wait. It's near bedtime for me now. I'll put up the list tomorrow. Either that or I scan the page of artists' names once I'm done debinding the book.
Old 2008-07-01, 10:23   Link #508
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Well that will have to wait. It's near bedtime for me now. I'll put up the list tomorrow. Either that or I scan the page of artists' names once I'm done debinding the book.
That would be wonderful.

Hope you have a good night.
Old 2008-07-02, 10:51   Link #509
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Here are some better scans of the book. Photoshopping all the creases in the 2-page pictures was a pain in the ass. I'll probably upload a few more when I have time to photoshop more 2 page pics.

And buy the book if you want more.

Old 2008-07-02, 10:57   Link #510
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
And buy the book if you want more.
Don't worry, my book arrives tomorrow; I support Nia merchandise.

I just wanted someone to translate the artists for the illustrations since I don't know Japanese. One final request: could you name the artists for pages 8-9 and 20-21?
Old 2008-07-02, 18:54   Link #511
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Alright, I'll find out the names after work today.

And damn, think I'll watermark my scans. This ain't 4-chan. (Well, it'd be a different story if I got pics from elsewhere)
Old 2008-07-03, 06:49   Link #512
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Don't worry, my book arrives tomorrow; I support Nia merchandise.

I just wanted someone to translate the artists for the illustrations since I don't know Japanese. One final request: could you name the artists for pages 8-9 and 20-21?
Alright, got the names.

Artist for pages 8-9 is Yamaguchi Satoshi. He's a good friend of Amemiya Akira (who's the artist for 18).

Artist for pages 20-21 is Hirata Katsuzou. He's the guy doing Rozario to Vampire. Take note that I'm pronouncing them in the Japanese way, not the western way of having the surnames behind.

Seems like I don't need to post anymore scans. Someone got a link to all of Nia exclusive pics.
Old 2008-07-03, 08:21   Link #513
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Alright, got the names.

Artist for pages 8-9 is Yamaguchi Satoshi. He's a good friend of Amemiya Akira (who's the artist for 18).

Artist for pages 20-21 is Hirata Katsuzou. He's the guy doing Rozario to Vampire. Take note that I'm pronouncing them in the Japanese way, not the western way of having the surnames behind.

Seems like I don't need to post anymore scans. Someone got a link to all of Nia exclusive pics.
Very appreciated.
Old 2008-07-04, 06:16   Link #514
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Alright, got the names.

Whoa! I didn't knew the artist of R+V would also do Gurren Laggan art. cool!
Old 2008-07-04, 08:23   Link #515
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Whoa! I didn't knew the artist of R+V would also do Gurren Laggan art. cool!
Eh actually, he's not in charge of the whole thing per se. The thing about animes is that illustration and animation is done by a group of people. So he's in charge of an episode or two. I guess it's only worth mentioning some guy if he's like the main head in charge of overall production or something. I apologize for the misunderstanding there.
Old 2008-07-04, 11:38   Link #516
manuloz

He was animation director on the R+V episode (#10 - directed by Shin Itagaki) outsourced at Gainax.
Old 2008-07-06, 15:40   Link #517
Kittie Rose

Does anyone have both the Revoltech and the Impact Model Gurren Lagann? The smaller one. The Revoltech was disappointing for me in terms of playabiliy, so I'm looking at either the Impact GL, Impact GL Wing Version or the newer PlaMo. If someon could post comparison pics I'd be very greatful.
Old 2008-07-07, 01:16   Link #518
ronaldhw
Otaku

several yoko figurine photos that I took few weeks ago ^_^

Spoiler for more images:
Old 2008-07-07, 06:15   Link #519
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
Does anyone have both the Revoltech and the Impact Model Gurren Lagann? The smaller one. The Revoltech was disappointing for me in terms of playabiliy, so I'm looking at either the Impact GL, Impact GL Wing Version or the newer PlaMo. If someon could post comparison pics I'd be very greatful.
Keep the revoltech. I own the revoltech gurren lagann and the impact lagann. I didn't get the impact gurren lagann because it's only slightly better than the revoltech. If I were you, i'd spend extra to get the revoltech razengan and a future revoltech release because revoltech is releasing gurren lagann's flying backpack in 3 parts. So you'll end up with gurren lagann with his kickass wings, a razengan and possibly an enkidu nuking it out among themselves.

Revoltechs are known for their great posability and I feel their gurren lagann series is pretty good.
If you want good playability, then I suggest you get the impact series lagann. It's much much better than the tiny gurren lagann.

If you want a fantastic, durable and very playable gurren lagann with wings, have lots of spare cash and know where to get it, then get the great impact gurren lagann in the Soul of Chogokin series. But it's freaking expensive. I'd rather get the chogokin gunbuster (in fact I'm saving up for it).

But that's just me.
Old 2008-07-08, 12:51   Link #520
Kittie Rose

Actually I'm thinkin about the newer PlaMo. Anyone know anything bout it? The winged one with the papercraft Giga Drill?
Closed Thread