Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-29, 23:44   Link #2341
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
^You want us to diversify, and I got that.

But there's a kind of appeal in sticking to just one theme, y'know. A...purity of experience, you could say. When I started I could have gone for any nation (in fact I was partial to the French and their awesome dark marine blue color scheme), but since I went up the US, I chose to stick to the US...

Good to hear it's not bolded mandatory or with a timeline. I'm still fine with riding up that line at a later date/at my leisure for some fun with the fast BT's (aside from the Stuarts, do the Americans have any scout worth playing, well, as a scout?), and for solidarity with the clan and all. Just give some advance warning about clan events, and I'll grind for the T-34 in time for training and matches.
Frankly it's not about diversity, but uniformity. When all the tanks of a group are the same they are more interchangeable and able to be worked with in terms of the greater group. The commander doesn't have to think "ah yeah there's my tank T, it has x penetration and y speed", etc. Such things slow the strategy down.

But I don't think that uniformity is somehow more important than being able to drive your tank, and above all being able to enjoy the game. It won't kill us to have a variety, especially when we are just starting out to develop post-pubbie techniques.

-----------------------------------------

T-34 - Raise a Corpse from the Dead

If you don't want to watch the replay (it's rather long), basically what happened is that what started out as a normal, mediocre game on Airfield turned into an epic capping contest where, when the enemy was closing in on our base, I did the opposite of what was expected and went to cap their base, faced two KVs (separately) and managed to stay alive in their base despite having my first attempt defeated at 92%.

Spoiler for Enjoy DIVINE fire, KV-1!:
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 23:59   Link #2342
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

At the Champion TC level of Tier VI, there are really only two tanks I fear whenever I'm driving my Sherman Jumbo.

One is the KV-1S, because even the superior frontal armour of the Jumbo cannot stand up to even the inferior 122 that it packs.

The other one? It's the Hellcat. It's pretty much the only other tank at Tier VI which packs a gun good enough to get through the Jumbo's armour reliably (for some reason I don't see Jacksons much), and it can do it at a respectable range.

If we're going for a long-range strategy, I'll suggest scouts to spot the KV-1S swarm, and a concentration of Hellcats to pour sniping fire into their midst.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 01:24   Link #2343
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

T-34 I can agree, but T-34-85? I don't think it really a good tank, in best tier 6 med poll on wot forum here, it lose to Easy 8 and Cromwell, while Cromwell lead the poll
Old 2013-01-30, 02:01   Link #2344
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Honestly, can you picture Kimidori in anything but a Cromwell?
I more associate Kimidori with the Centurion 7/1 personally. Still, Kimidori has mad skills with that Cromwell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
The other one? It's the Hellcat. It's pretty much the only other tank at Tier VI which packs a gun good enough to get through the Jumbo's armour reliably (for some reason I don't see Jacksons much), and it can do it at a respectable range.
Well, the prevailing thought for US TD users below Tier 7 is that if you're getting hit, you're doing it wrong. While the Jackson does have heavier armor it's not enough protection against guns in its Tier, whereas the Hellcat has better mobility as its ace being able to speed to good sniping spots in a jiffy. Combined with the fact that both use the same gun complement, and the Hellcat comes out as the superior TD overall.

It's why a lot of people prefer the Hellcat over the Jackson, though if you're the type to stick to one spot and snipe there's hardly any difference between the two.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 02:16   Link #2345
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
At tier 6, probably the VK3001H/3601H, E8 Sherman, Hellcat, SU-100, and KV-1S are the tanks to fear. The first three because of 105mm HEAT, and the last two because of the 122mm gun. Hellcat is just awesomesauce. Of course, properly played any of the tier 6s can and will do well, but those that list of tanks tends to set off warning lights to me when I see them.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 02:19   Link #2346
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

got another 8 kills match with Cromwell

Old 2013-01-30, 02:37   Link #2347
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
got another 8 kills match with Cromwell
I would've been interesting in seeing the replay of that. But nice job.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 05:44   Link #2348
Sumeragi
Banned

Invading Königstiger:

Not something you see everyday.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 11:12   Link #2349
Ascaloth

THIS. IS. SPARTA!

One of the best games I've had in the IS-8 to date;

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-30, 11:19   Link #2350
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Wow, nice games folks!

So I'm around ~5k XP until the E-75 .. but am sorely lacking in credits to buy it (damn me and my branching out into all these tech trees) .. also the upcoming equipment sale is not likely to help in this department. I'm seriously considering buying a Lowe as a money maker and double-up as a heavy training vehicle ..
Old 2013-01-30, 11:37   Link #2351
Sumeragi
Banned

Or be like me and keep things simple.
Old 2013-01-30, 11:43   Link #2352
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Ascaloth, you have the IS-8? I hate you. That is all.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 11:51   Link #2353
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Or be like me and keep things simple.
Heh, fair .. the only person that's more concentrated than you is Kimi. I like a little variety though, it's the spice of life after all! Admittedly though, if the Type 59 comes back, I'd be hard pressed to resist it ..
Old 2013-01-30, 12:14   Link #2354
Sumeragi
Banned

The second German medium tank line will start from the VK 3002 (DB), with the Tier 8 being a light tank: Spähpanzer Kette, Prototype RU 251.

Dimensions: 6.2 m x 3 m x 2.49 m
Crew: 4
Weight: 24 tons (loaded)
Speed: 78~80 km/h
Main Armament: 90 mm PzK
Engine: Daimler-Benz diesel, 500 hp
Ground pressure: 0.70 kg/sq.cm
Old 2013-01-30, 12:15   Link #2355
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Heh, fair .. the only person that's more concentrated than you is Kimi. I like a little variety though, it's the spice of life after all! Admittedly though, if the Type 59 comes back, I'd be hard pressed to resist it ..
Wait a minute, and I am the guy with the E-75, how much more concentration do you want?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-01-30, 12:16   Link #2356
Sumeragi
Banned

You have premium account, I don't. If I had premium account, I would have already researched the E-50 Ausf. M and the E-100 already.
Old 2013-01-30, 12:27   Link #2357
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Wait a minute, and I am the guy with the E-75, how much more concentration do you want?

- Tak
Quote:
You have premium account, I don't. If I had premium account, I would have already researched the E-50 Ausf. M and the E-100 already.
Both of you look at Kimi's service record. He's played a total of 10 tanks ever. 2 of those 10 are the Vickers and T1E6 for a total of 10 battles total -- he has only really played 8 tanks.

As I said, more concentrated..
Old 2013-01-30, 12:27   Link #2358
Tak

But those tanks were unlocked a while ago... I am just a cheap bastard waiting for the garages and crews to be on-sale

Ok ok... tbh, I diverted my path from the German tree and just as I got the KT... I went ahead and restarted on the Soviet tree and got myself an IS-3

- Tak

Old 2013-01-30, 12:36   Link #2359
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Ascaloth, you have the IS-8? I hate you. That is all.

- Tak
I also have the E-75, which is now fully equipped with the top modules, including the 128. The IS-8 is fully equipped too, along with the Tier X 122.

Haet me moar.

Old 2013-01-30, 12:41   Link #2360
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The second German medium tank line will start from the VK 3002 (DB), with the Tier 8 being a light tank: Spähpanzer Kette, Prototype RU 251.

Dimensions: 6.2 m x 3 m x 2.49 m
Crew: 4
Weight: 24 tons (loaded)
Speed: 78~80 km/h
Main Armament: 90 mm PzK
Engine: Daimler-Benz diesel, 500 hp
Ground pressure: 0.70 kg/sq.cm
Wait, it's not the Indien-Panzer anymore? Did they announce new changes to the 2nd German Medium line just now?

Edit:

Ah, found the thread. There's speculation that the Leopard 1 Medium Tank line will have both Light and Medium tank Tier VIII's, similar to the Ferdinand & JagdPanther II (or the Chinese Medium/Light branch as the comparison most used). Should be interesting if true.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks