AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Old 2013-07-13, 15:49   Link #141
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
It was announced today at the Hanasaku Iroha Home Sweet Home talk show that the movie would be released on 10/16 to the general public on DVD/BD. Prior to that, it will be sold at the Bonbori Festival on 10/12 in Yuwaku Onsen in Kanazawa prefecture.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 12:14   Link #142
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
It was announced today at the Hanasaku Iroha Home Sweet Home talk show that the movie would be released on 10/16 to the general public on DVD/BD. Prior to that, it will be sold at the Bonbori Festival on 10/12 in Yuwaku Onsen in Kanazawa prefecture.
Official solicitation is out.
The movie will be released in three forms: a limited edition Blu-ray (9,450 yen), a regular edition Blu-ray 7,350 yen), and DVD (5,250 yen) format. All three versions will have cover art newly drawn by character designer/chief animation director Kanami Sekiguchi and feature news flashes, trailers, and CMs on the disc.

The Blu-ray comes on a 1-layer disc with the feature in 1080p and Linear PCM stereo mix. The DVD will be on a 2-layer disc with Linear PCM stereo audio as well.

The limited edition blu-ray will come inside a newly drawn box by Sekiguchi with a variety of bonus items. First is an original soundtrack CD featuring music composed by Shiroh Hamaguchi (a few new pieces composed for the movie). Next is a pocket-sized edition of the script written by screenwriter Mari Okada and the storyboards for the movie drawn by Director Masahiro Ando. Finally, there will also be a booklet featuring scene explanations, staff interviews and more. In addition, there will also be two commentary tracks (likely one character and one staff track).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 03:56   Link #143
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Nice to know....I'll be going for the Bonbori Festival so I hope I can grab the L.E version.
KanbeKotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 02:33   Link #144
deadite

hmm look what just came out today...
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 18:04   Link #145
deadite

Spoiler for adorable:
Old 2013-10-18, 23:57   Link #146
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
She's one sparkling baby.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 00:43   Link #147
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
...I really wanna watch it now....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 00:30   Link #148
Freeter
beyond

Finished watching the raw. Feels good seeing the old gang back together again.

Spoiler for movie bits:

Overall, it was an entertaining ride, though it's definitely reserved for the fans only. One thing's for sure, it makes me want a Tomoe spinoff more than ever.
Old 2013-10-21, 04:30   Link #149
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
One thing's for sure, it makes me want a Tomoe spinoff more than ever.
I want to open the spoiler to see what made you say that but I'm trying to wait it out. Need... subs... badly.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 05:15   Link #150
deadite

I realized Ohana's dad seems a lot older then Satsuki.
Old 2013-10-22, 03:42   Link #151
Pocari_Sweat

According to ANN, the movie sold 11k blurays on its first week. Not bad, though it isn't spectacularly high for a movie.
Old 2013-10-23, 00:36   Link #152
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Subs are available. ^^
Old 2013-10-23, 05:30   Link #153
deadite

I find it amusing that
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-10-23, 05:54   Link #154
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Spoiler for Anyone catch this?:

I had the sneaking suspicion she'd show up somewhere in one of these scenes.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 06:23   Link #155
deadite

All those Lilo & Stitch jokes about Ohana are SPOT ON!
Spoiler for Ohana means...:

Last edited by deadite; 2013-10-23 at 06:44.
Old 2013-10-23, 08:30   Link #156
Pocari_Sweat

Finished the movie and... that was very much Hanasaku Iroha.

I mean, you know it's Hanasaku Iroha when the male emasculation meter breaks 15 minutes into the series . Granted, some of it was hilarious like the scenes with Ren. I lost it when he was using his kitchen knife as a mirror to check out his cool new hair .

Ohana was being Ohana (and therefore win), Nako was... uh kind of being Nako I guess (never cared about her), but my god Yuina became 10x more annoying. I swear she's the most annoying Tomatsu Haruka character I've heard in years and needs to be gagged badly

But the highlight portions has to be regarding Satsuki's backstory. Mr Spike Matsumae was the only male character to escape the emasculation hammer. In fact, he was looking classy and cool as fuck and it was no wonder than teenage Satsuki fell for him pretty hard.

Movie was a nice "slice of life" showing of three different generations of people and although it wasn't outstandingly amazing or ground-breaking it was more than sufficient. I guess it helps when you keep expectations modest instead of way up there when the first two episodes of the parent series aired.

Oh and the visuals were amazingly beautiful. Very vibrant, smooth and lots of detail. As expected from a movie budget.

Can we get a Tari Tari movie next please?
Old 2013-10-23, 09:00   Link #157
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Can we get a Tari Tari movie next please?
That would be excellent, but one thing at a time
Old 2013-10-23, 10:28   Link #158
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Very good film. As expected, Satsuki's story and it's relation to Ohana was definitely the highlight of the film and I don't recall it taking a single step wrong there. If I had one gripe, it's that there wasn't enough of it: I would've sorely liked to hear more about how Satsuki chased after Spike Matsumae and it's not like they were short on time either, but oh well. Minko's short story was pleasantly nice but the drama with Mana and Nako, whilst thankfully short-lived, kinda lacked build up and felt forced. The comedy that made up the rest of the film is as amusing as always and overall, I kinda wished they expanded these stories and replaced the less brilliant episodes of the TV series with these.

But most importantly of all...

Spoiler for most importantly of all.:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 10:44   Link #159
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I loved the movie. It had all the elements that made the series good and little of its flaws. All the characters got to shine a bit (well, the female characters). I particularly enjoyed Nako's subplot, it fit the family theme well. She's such a wonderful older sister, and a future perfect mom. Would waifu/10.

I was slightly disappointed with Satsuki's backstory. They could have done something more with this. We didn't even get to see how she managed to hook up with Spike and how she accomplished her goal of becoming a writer. I would have liked more scenes featuring mother and daughter together as well, the few scenes we were shown were from the series if I'm not mistaken.
Old 2013-10-23, 14:27   Link #160
Utsuro no Hako

So Ohana's dad was a guy who had no problem hitting on an underage girl who's still wearing training bras. You know, this explains so much about Satsuki and her love life.

The highlight of the movie was seeing young(ish) Beanman. The biggest disappointment was Sui's husband already being dead in the flashbacks.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote