AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 19 26.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 39.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 26.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-07, 15:03   Link #61
BakaOnna

Eh, I don't know why but I thought this episode felt kinda... cluncky. The flow felt weird... maybe because I read many of ep. 18's Pieces exactly before I watched the episode.

I was also disappointed that they didn't show Rena's monologues during the Red Pill and Rena Ryuuguu pieces, and the lack of Akasaka. I guess its because of the time restraint.

Also, why is it that we never get to see Ichirou's face? I wished he looked like his manga counterpart. Showings of a true artist.
Old 2007-11-07, 15:17   Link #62
Marbles
I've lost them all ^^

Satoshi's teddy bear is huge. o_o

I wonder if it ever got so Satoko...
Old 2007-11-07, 15:17   Link #63
Rias

The problem is that DEEN is more focused at the horror + fanservice portions, and often neglecting the minor details because of that. For the first few question arcs, that approach is acceptable, since it's what the game is about (Onikakushi-hen DID started out with the premise of a dating-sim-ish setting, as Ryukkishi07 has stated before. It was a plan to hook people onto the murder mystery portions)

However, now that we have moved into the answer arcs, DEEN is still doing the same thing. Granted, we do see what's going on, since it is essentiel as the plot is finally unfolded. However, the much minor details are still neglected, to give room to the horror aspects. For example, ep18 we have a long sequence explaining what really happened to Satoshi after he killed his aunt. It is important to show what happened to him, but not so much that it takes up so much time that the other pieces are just mentioned briefly.

And the thing with Akasaka keeps poping up in discussion, and really, they didn't gimp Akasaka. He doesn't show up until later, as he's not even in the village during the 5 years of events. All you needed to know about Akasaka is already covered in Himatsubushi-hen.
Old 2007-11-07, 15:40   Link #64
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

The way I see it, if everyone didn't keep dying, Keiichi would end up with Mion and Rena in different worlds.
Old 2007-11-07, 15:46   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles View Post
Satoshi's teddy bear is huge. o_o

I wonder if it ever got so Satoko...
I'm doubtful she ever got the bear. After all the cover story was that Satoshi ran off using the money he'd saved up. If he used it all for the bear he wouldn't have enough left over and the story would have some problems. So they probably said someone else bought the bear, had said bear destroyed, and put out that story. It's too bad she didn't get it but that's how I think it went.

Probably does depend on the world who he would end up with. If depending on the situation different characters can be pushed to L5 then it would stand to reason Keiichi could end up with either. If this is to be the last world and they move forward. Then his interactions here will give a final decision on that argument. Since if they all died in other worlds it really doesn't matter all that much.
Old 2007-11-07, 16:07   Link #66
Marbles
I've lost them all ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm doubtful she ever got the bear. After all the cover story was that Satoshi ran off using the money he'd saved up. If he used it all for the bear he wouldn't have enough left over and the story would have some problems. So they probably said someone else bought the bear, had said bear destroyed, and put out that story. It's too bad she didn't get it but that's how I think it went.
That's just too sad... ;_;

Satoko just seems to move from one tragedy to another, I really hope she gets a happy ending eventually.
Old 2007-11-07, 16:17   Link #67
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01;
That's how it is in the game
i see, but does it ever explain who she is at any point?

Old 2007-11-07, 16:22   Link #68
Kristen
*Author

18 felt a little less flowy than the last 2 episodes. Still, as a first time Higurashi watcher, I love to see all of these pieces fitting together. Even the smallest of things in the story are beginning to make sense. I was surprised to see that the club was made just for Satoko's sake. I thought it was just there without any real relevence to the story.

I just wish that they would have said something more about how Rena bashed all the windows in her previous school. I mean, I understand it pretty much about how she was L5 at the time and was triggered by her mother, but I just wish they would have showed it. Ah well.
Old 2007-11-07, 17:22   Link #69
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
So do most Higurashi Doujin writers not that I blame them
07th Expansion organized a vote on which is the most popular pair of characters in Higurashi. Keiichi and Rena came first with 25.5% of the votes, barely inching out Keiichi and Mion, who got 25.3%. Keiichi and Rika were third with 7.4% and Satoshi and Mion fourth with 5.8%.

Quote:
It was nice to see Oryou in such a kind state. After a lot of being angry and threatening to take people out with cleavers this was nice. Could see how she got along with Mion in less public circumstances. Who knew Keiichi had so much being put on him before he even moved in .
Oryou is in a rather sad position. Since she's the head of the local yakuza she needs to seem as harsh as possible when in public in order to have people fear her. She can't even be with her daughter in public since she had to disown her. Despite being the most powerful individual in Hinamizawa, she has very little freedom on how to live her life.
Old 2007-11-07, 17:56   Link #70
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
And the thing with Akasaka keeps poping up in discussion, and really, they didn't gimp Akasaka. He doesn't show up until later, as he's not even in the village during the 5 years of events. All you needed to know about Akasaka is already covered in Himatsubushi-hen.

He's the 51 piece and they showed 50b which is after it.
Old 2007-11-07, 18:12   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles View Post
That's just too sad... ;_;

Satoko just seems to move from one tragedy to another, I really hope she gets a happy ending eventually.
Yeah no arguments here. It's a tragic tale for the poor girl that just doesn't get any brighter with the background information. Pushed so far into L5 that she killed her mother and step-father, gets constantly into fights with her aunt, brother goes missing (probably dead), and in the worst case her uncles returns to continue the torment.

Do hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel for her as well. She has had a lot of terrible things happen to her so it would be nice to get a chance to live happily with her friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
07th Expansion organized a vote on which is the most popular pair of characters in Higurashi. Keiichi and Rena came first with 25.5% of the votes, barely inching out Keiichi and Mion, who got 25.3%. Keiichi and Rika were third with 7.4% and Satoshi and Mion fourth with 5.8%.
Yeah a tight battle for the top spot. Seems a lot of people couldn't pick a clear winner in the battle for Keiichi . A twelve vote difference right there. Who would've thought that the off-handed remark of Keiichi-Rika would grab third place. Maybe oddly enough Keiichi-Satoshi grabbed 9th spot.

Quote:
Oryou is in a rather sad position. Since she's the head of the local yakuza she needs to seem as harsh as possible when in public in order to have people fear her. She can't even be with her daughter in public since she had to disown her. Despite being the most powerful individual in Hinamizawa, she has very little freedom on how to live her life.
It's a rough spot for the woman to be in. She's stuck in the role she is forced to play. Has to appear tough and harsh or else there could be some serious problems. Even being forced to do that distinguishing to her grand-daughter Shion which must've been heart wrenching for her. She let both twins live even if it wasn't something she was supposed to do.

Probably is one of the less free people living in the village. The family may be powerful but being that powerful requires restrictions on their lives.
Old 2007-11-07, 18:26   Link #72
BakaOnna

Quote:
The expressions for Shion/Mion match is hilarious.

I prefer Keiichi/Rena, but Keiichi/Mion is fine too.
Old 2007-11-07, 18:40   Link #73
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
The expressions for Shion/Mion match is hilarious.

I prefer Keiichi/Rena, but Keiichi/Mion is fine too.
Rika doesn't look happy to be paired with Keiichi.
Old 2007-11-07, 18:40   Link #74
Kryptik

K1/Mion forever here.

It doesn't hurt that she's possibly the sanest of the whole damn group, either. XP And imagine their love life!
Old 2007-11-07, 18:41   Link #75
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
So do most Higurashi Doujin writers not that I blame them
Quote:
You do know I mean H Doujin.
Old 2007-11-07, 18:58   Link #76
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

HAHAHAHA!! Hanyuu being taken home (EP19 preview) made me ROFL!!
Old 2007-11-07, 19:22   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Nice, a tie for 14th with Chiyo and curry. Wouldn't count much on the facial expressions since Takano and Rika are both smiles. Though I'm sure she'd be surprised to get third place in the poll.

Regardless agree that Hanyuu being taken home will be excellent. No more watching the show, time to get involved.
Old 2007-11-07, 20:53   Link #78
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Nice, a tie for 14th with Chiyo and curry. Wouldn't count much on the facial expressions since Takano and Rika are both smiles. Though I'm sure she'd be surprised to get third place in the poll.

Regardless agree that Hanyuu being taken home will be excellent. No more watching the show, time to get involved.
I thought that was Ciel until you said otherwise.
Old 2007-11-07, 20:58   Link #79
MezzoDragon

Although at fifth place, it seems Satoko and Rika make the best yuri couple. At least, if you go by this pole.
Old 2007-11-07, 21:07   Link #80
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I thought that was Ciel until you said otherwise.
Well I was guessing from memory. One sub used Chie, the point is about the curry not my memory.

It's a tough yuri battle with Satoko and Rika just edging out Hanyuu and Rika.