AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-03-06, 23:12   Link #7881
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Wait, I really don't get the NTR comment. From what I know, NTR means that usually a girlfriend is cheating his boyfriend by being unfaithful and go out/have sex with another person without him knowing, maybe later have the fact rubbed on his face, and I hate it with a burning passion so I never read it. That's what it means, right? Or is there another aspect somewhere I don't get? Because I really can't see how to connect that description with Hayate's situation.

First of all, none of them are in a relationship, so it can't exactly be called cheating. Secondly, how the hell does it has anything to do with crossdressing? If it means something like a sexy shirt switch after having sex, isn't it usually the girl who is wearing the guy's shirt? Lastly, while it's undoubtedly weird to wear the clothes of a girl you know, does that really qualifies as cheating/NTR?

Sorry, maybe I just missed something or have a wrong/incomplete concept of NTR, anyone mind explaining?
I am not too sure about this either, but I think they are applying the same idea to the Hamster's clothes, i.e., the clothes is not "faithful" to her and "goest out" with Hayate. I could be wrong, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Nagi should have listened to Hinagiku. It's drama and moe what sell these days.

She could have written some type of Key-like storyline with what Hina told her.

Anyhow, am I the only one who thinks there's a chance for the plot of the next chapter may involve someone mistaking Hayate for Luca and having him doing her idol duties?
Chapter 311 spoiler pic

Who is Tanaka Hanako-san?
Old 2011-03-07, 01:03   Link #7882
madmac

Quote:
I am not too sure about this either, but I think they are applying the same idea to the Hamster's clothes, i.e., the clothes is not "faithful" to her and "goest out" with Hayate. I could be wrong, though.
I think it's even simpler then that. Making Hayate wear the (already worn) clothes of a girl he knows is a little shady, and Nagi enjoying it is just a bit twisted.

Think of it like a girl making her boyfriend kiss another girl just so she could watch, except even milder, and you can see it as a very watered down NTR.

Though it's not really clear if that's what Nagi was going for or if she was just that impatient to see Hayate in a mini-skirt.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 02:43   Link #7883
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I think it's even simpler then that. Making Hayate wear the (already worn) clothes of a girl he knows is a little shady, and Nagi enjoying it is just a bit twisted.

Think of it like a girl making her boyfriend kiss another girl just so she could watch, except even milder, and you can see it as a very watered down NTR.

Though it's not really clear if that's what Nagi was going for or if she was just that impatient to see Hayate in a mini-skirt.
Wait a second, the way I'm reading it (my brain just put it together this way ), it's like an 'indirect kiss', but taken up to the next 'base'?

And Nagi ordered Hayate, who she likes, to do this with another girl who's clearly expressed her affection for him, and his for her O.O

We knew Nagi (and most of the other girls of the story) has a dirty mind, but really.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 03:44   Link #7884
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Wait a second, the way I'm reading it (my brain just put it together this way ), it's like an 'indirect kiss', but taken up to the next 'base'?

And Nagi ordered Hayate, who she likes, to do this with another girl who's clearly expressed her affection for him, and his for her O.O

We knew Nagi (and most of the other girls of the story) has a dirty mind, but really.
This.

Remember that Nagi believes that she and Hayate are already a pair. Hayate wearing another girl's clothes is like an indirect kiss... or in this case, an indirect hug all over his body, and Ayumu is aware of it. That's why she was blushing and immediately approved.

Hayate doing something with a girl other than Nagi = NTR.

What's even funnier (or disturbing) is that Nagi really did make Hayate stay in those clothes into the next day/chapter.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 11:55   Link #7885
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Remember that Nagi believes that she and Hayate are already a pair. Hayate wearing another girl's clothes is like an indirect kiss... or in this case, an indirect hug all over his body, and Ayumu is aware of it. That's why she was blushing and immediately approved.

Hayate doing something with a girl other than Nagi = NTR.

What's even funnier (or disturbing) is that Nagi really did make Hayate stay in those clothes into the next day/chapter.
I think Nagi has been disillusioned with the idea that she and Hayate were a pair, after she'd broken the stone, she'd said something to that effect.

Also.. it seemed to me that the implication is 'more' than the indirect kiss, a hug would be less intimate. So implying that Hayate and Ayumu were.. closer.. was the impression I'd gotten. Explaining why they were both blushing, Hayate's hugged several of the young women of his own volition.

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Old 2011-03-07, 12:33   Link #7886
madmac

Quote:
I think Nagi has been disillusioned with the idea that she and Hayate were a pair, after she'd broken the stone, she'd said something to that effect.
All she said was that words create misunderstandings. She may or may not have come to some sort of realization, but she still treats Hayate like he's her guy. She still gets jealous over him on a semi-regular basis, for one thing.

Last edited by madmac; 2011-03-07 at 12:47.
Old 2011-03-07, 14:16   Link #7887
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Also.. it seemed to me that the implication is 'more' than the indirect kiss, a hug would be less intimate. So implying that Hayate and Ayumu were.. closer.. was the impression I'd gotten. Explaining why they were both blushing, Hayate's hugged several of the young women of his own volition.
No... the scene you are referring to was Nagi saying that if the stone is what's troubling Hayate, she doesn't need it. Hayate then panics because that means Nagi loses her inheritance, but she says that it's fine, as long as she has Hayate. That's when Hayate asks to stop being Nagi's butler for one night to save Athena.

And a hug can be more intimate than a kiss. If the hug has groping and cuddling, with one person's leg on the other's crotch and everything while the kiss is only a peck on the mouth or cheek with no tongue action, then the hug is more intimate. Remember that Hayate is wearing all of Ayumu's clothes, especially underwear that comes in contact with his private parts.
Old 2011-03-07, 17:35   Link #7888
AnimeFangirl

STOP!
He's not wearing her underwear.
Let's not get carried away here.
Old 2011-03-07, 17:45   Link #7889
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I'm thinking she was just impatient. I mean, who could wait?

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 19:06   Link #7890
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
No... the scene you are referring to was Nagi saying that if the stone is what's troubling Hayate, she doesn't need it. Hayate then panics because that means Nagi loses her inheritance, but she says that it's fine, as long as she has Hayate. That's when Hayate asks to stop being Nagi's butler for one night to save Athena.
I'm not talking about that part of the scene, I'm thinking of the panel where she states that 'words create misunderstandings' which could be read as her coming to a realization that he wasn't actually confessing to her at the beginning, which he wasn't.

Quote:
And a hug can be more intimate than a kiss. If the hug has groping and cuddling, with one person's leg on the other's crotch and everything while the kiss is only a peck on the mouth or cheek with no tongue action, then the hug is more intimate. Remember that Hayate is wearing all of Ayumu's clothes, especially underwear that comes in contact with his private parts.
I see hugging as a less intimate than a kiss, and what you're describing as 'petting (?)' which is more intimate.
Also, in the English language, a kiss is used to describe a kiss on the cheek, and a deeper, more intimate lip-lock. Same word.

The underclothes thing seems to be implied, but not stated outright. Hayate might not have switched those articles, in fact, probably didn't, since they're not part of the uniform, Ayumu could still be wearing the only underclothes she had available. If Nagi had ordered those taken, even infatuation-driven Nishizawa might have refused to give them up.

Also, there's a strange form of logic involved the more I think about it. Nagi is reminded that she's fighting for Hayate's affections. Without the cross-dressing, the more threatening reminder of Hinagiku's intent is there, if she has Nishizawa's clothes used as the reminder, by having him wear them, not only is she enforcing something she likes in the cross-dressing of Hayate, but also providing the less threatening reminder of Nishizawa's affections. She can't use her own clothes (the optimum solution) since Hayate wouldn't fit.

Old 2011-03-07, 20:08   Link #7891
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I'm not talking about that part of the scene, I'm thinking of the panel where she states that 'words create misunderstandings' which could be read as her coming to a realization that he wasn't actually confessing to her at the beginning, which he wasn't.
I just read that part as Nagi saying she didn't need to hear Hayate's explanation. When she asked Hayate if the stone is the cause of his troubles, he was beginning to explain when Nagi hushed him.

Anyway, how much time is left till the next Comiket or Comifest, and how long has it been since Athena/Alice moved in?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2011-03-07 at 22:51.
Old 2011-03-08, 01:10   Link #7892
madmac

Quote:
Anyway, how much time is left till the next Comiket or Comifest, and how long has it been since Athena/Alice moved in?
Two weeks and a week, as far as I can tell.

Granted, Chiharu told Nagi that she had three weeks left to draw her manga, but I'm pretty sure it was a goof on Hata's part, since there was exactly three weeks from the time the first con ended to the start of the next one. Also there was some cursing about "three weeks instead of two weeks" on Twitter from him a while back.

Quote:
I'm thinking she was just impatient. I mean, who could wait?
Who indeed? After all, we now have proof that Hayate's legs are, in fact, inspirational.

Last edited by madmac; 2011-03-08 at 01:45.
Old 2011-03-08, 05:35   Link #7893
Shadow5YA

Then I suppose the subplot between Nagi and Luka will be addressed before Athena/Alice's. Alice said she needed three months to recover Athena's powers and memories, so there is still at least two months left.

Which reminds me... Hayate told Hinagiku that he was rejected by Athena. Is that really true? All I remember is a confession from both sides that they did love each other, but that they would have to part ways.
Old 2011-03-08, 07:14   Link #7894
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Which reminds me... Hayate told Hinagiku that he was rejected by Athena. Is that really true? All I remember is a confession from both sides that they did love each other, but that they would have to part ways.
That's how he took it at least, and that's what Athena said. Hayate also said that he loveD her (past tense), in response to Athena's farewell.

Whether Athena actually meant what she said, and/or if she later changed her mind remains to be seen.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 20:29   Link #7895
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Which reminds me... Hayate told Hinagiku that he was rejected by Athena. Is that really true?
Its in chapter 266.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 12:28   Link #7896
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Its in chapter 266.
266 shows Hayate telling Hina that he was rejected, not Athena actually rejecting him.

In the previous two chapters, Athena resists the urge to call Hayate back has her butler and tells him farewell, that she's not coming back to Japan. Then they both say that they loved one another, in past tense.

Afterwards, Hayate lost all contact with Athena (until she came back as Alice), so that could be a rejection, in a way.

Cutting all contacts with a person is a rejection, but at the same time Athena just did it because she didn't want to take him away from Nagi, not because she no longer had feelings for him.
Old 2011-03-09, 12:35   Link #7897
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
266 shows Hayate telling Hina that he was rejected, not Athena actually rejecting him.

In the previous two chapters, Athena resists the urge to call Hayate back has her butler and tells him farewell, that she's not coming back to Japan. Then they both say that they loved one another, in past tense.

Afterwards, Hayate lost all contact with Athena (until she came back as Alice), so that could be a rejection, in a way.

Cutting all contacts with a person is a rejection, but at the same time Athena just did it because she didn't want to take him away from Nagi, not because she no longer had feelings for him.
The only (true) rejection is in Hayate's thoughts anyway.
Athena hasn't seemed to give up on 'winning' Hayate's affection.

Old 2011-03-09, 13:12   Link #7898
Shadow5YA

Quote:
The only (true) rejection is in Hayate's thoughts anyway.
Athena hasn't seemed to give up on 'winning' Hayate's affection.
Oh boy, that means Athena will be in the exact same position as Hina and Nagi.
Old 2011-03-09, 13:26   Link #7899
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Oh boy, that means Athena will be in the exact same position as Hina and Nagi.
And the rest of his harem as well.

Old 2011-03-09, 13:40   Link #7900
Shadow5YA

So not only was Athena demoted in body, she was demoted in status as well. How sad...

Tags
comedy, shounen