AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-03, 03:14   Link #1181
xeon921

Spoiler for Raws:
xeon921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 13:52   Link #1182
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
New chapter is out here: http://reader.fth-scans.com/reader/r...en/8/51/page/1

I'm not sure whether to call this a filler chapter, or part of the actual E-Pandora arc. Because it won't truly begin until they reach the Alaska base. Either way, what a way to start. Poor Gengo, was Maria his wife? Makes me wonder. And Lana, going overboard like that in order to woo Kazuya away from Satellizer. Too silly. And it seems Oohara has some sort of rivalry with Genetics, which is about to take a turn for the worse. Can't wait for the next chapter.
same.... so Kazuya's father is still alive, eh....
this arc will be more serious and interesting.... maybe we will see lots of powerful pandora...
Lana is already dumped by Kazuya... lol
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 14:57   Link #1183
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeon921 View Post
Spoiler for Raws:
Spoiler for another way of putting it:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 15:49   Link #1184
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Spoiler for another way of putting it:
It's quite a fantastic textbook case of writing yourself into a corner when you consider everything it affects. You can't have Kazuya in fights against normal pandoras because he would upset the balance to the point of making it irrelevant, so you must nerf him by making him unable to utilize his abilities, and you can only excuse that by preventing him from having a baptism with Satella, which in turn can only be excused by artificially interrupting their relationship progress. In other words, for plot reasons the central relationship of the story must necessarily be thrown into a perpetual limbo.

As has been said before, it wouldn't be a problem if he'd get to fighting the Novas. But then again honestly this is just eyecandy, the girls are the focal point of the series and pitting them against each other exploits possible fanservice most effectively. If he went to the Nova conflict, you'd be left with a plot that is essentially Claymore with miniskirts.

I feel the need to say that I actually do like Freezing. I feel that it's a failure at this point but in a very spectacular way. I can't quite articulate it but it's just so many individually very appealing elements put together in such a derpy way.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 15:22   Link #1185
Zetsubo
著述遮断

How much do editors' affect the mangaka authors work ?

I fear Dal Young has written himself into a corner and has to hodgepodge the story at each installment.

I see little to no effort to maintain some of the earlier concepts of the story...

I suspect, sometimes editors cause authors to go in directions that the editor knows can make more profit by dragging out and milking the story for all its worth... and thus effectively tying the mangaka hands and poisoning great story concepts.

So is it the editors fault or author ?

I am not familiar with all of the work done by Freezing author but I wished that this particular story kept the main focus of who and what the nova's are, why they want with earth etc.
Kazuya's training to become a better limiter, Satella growing as a person. etc.
and didn't divert so much into internal conflict.

I mean the NOVA's have become background for crying out loud.

Another thing I notice... as an amateur writer myself... whenever you have TOO MANY characters for a story, especially fighting type stories, you sometimes struggle... and it is type set a cage around your work.... simply put it is damn hard to keep up and maintain... especially when you can't kill them (excess character) off with good reason.

I hope IDY makes it out of this story telling hole.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 17:20   Link #1186
vg166

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
same.... so Kazuya's father is still alive, eh....
this arc will be more serious and interesting.... maybe we will see lots of powerful pandora...
Lana is already dumped by Kazuya... lol
That's Kazuya's grandfather and looking at the raws I wouldn't be as sympathetic towards him either.
vg166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 03:04   Link #1187
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

I'm not sure how accurate the anime was with its final scene, but Kazuya's grandfather= a first-class bastard of a scientist, IIRC.

And as for the editor... well, here's the problem that IDY has run into. One, editors need their mangaka to write stuff that sells. Guess what sells when it comes to IDY? An interesting starting premises, usually backed by drawings of well-endowed women. Unfortunately, he has a track record of his stories going into the mundane (probably the result of doing 8+ stories at once), so the only thing that keeps him selling is the females. And so guess what the editor is going to push...

Not to mention, as I said before, if Kazuya were to actually battle to a real potential, only the NOVAs would be a real enemy. And when they fight the NOVAs, the Pandoras have a tendency to get killed off. So it's that versus seeing the busty girls fight each other, where the worst that tends to happen is clothes getting torn apart (which rather sadly seems to be a good thing when it comes to the majority of guys reading this...). And if Kazuya were to use his full potential in those battles, everything would become one-sided, with Satella practically being unstoppable (literally)

Old 2011-08-08, 12:33   Link #1188
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
I'm not sure how accurate the anime was with its final scene, but Kazuya's grandfather= a first-class bastard of a scientist, IIRC.

And as for the editor... well, here's the problem that IDY has run into. One, editors need their mangaka to write stuff that sells. Guess what sells when it comes to IDY? An interesting starting premises, usually backed by drawings of well-endowed women. Unfortunately, he has a track record of his stories going into the mundane (probably the result of doing 8+ stories at once), so the only thing that keeps him selling is the females. And so guess what the editor is going to push...

Not to mention, as I said before, if Kazuya were to actually battle to a real potential, only the NOVAs would be a real enemy. And when they fight the NOVAs, the Pandoras have a tendency to get killed off. So it's that versus seeing the busty girls fight each other, where the worst that tends to happen is clothes getting torn apart (which rather sadly seems to be a good thing when it comes to the majority of guys reading this...). And if Kazuya were to use his full potential in those battles, everything would become one-sided, with Satella practically being unstoppable (literally)
IDY is a manga pimp

J/K

Pacing and continuity also seems to be a problem with this author.

For example ... In the past, Stella's big sister was very protective of her. We have been shown how Onee-san would discipline Lious for his abuse of Stella.

Now Onee-san wants to reunite the two, without monitoring the situation... both points go against her previous character design.

Things get out of hand... Luios displays an unhealthy dose of jealousy and lust driven psychosis and for that nearly ends up as fish food.

At the end of all this arc, Onee-san, doesn't react in the way that she should (or i expected) given her past reactions.

Instead she's "cool about it"

IDY glossed over that (and so many other important aspects) aspect because he spent too much time angst driving.

And the resolution, and sudden epiphany... was... weak.

Let alone Luis pandora... hell she as even in the same clothing with just a broken arm.

LOL !

That memory chip thing was a damn waste of time as well.

However... this is all just my opinion.

As an "author myself" I have alot more to learn.... however, it seems to me that IDY sucks at story telling, but has a good pen for "eye candy"
Old 2011-08-08, 13:15   Link #1189
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
however, it seems to me that IDY sucks at story telling, but has a good pen for "eye candy"
This.

But the worst part? IDY is only the writer... he doesn't even draw the girls (that would be the various artists of the series).

Old 2011-08-08, 14:47   Link #1190
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Heh, some people can be strummed like a guitar and they don't even realise they are being played
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 15:23   Link #1191
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
This.

But the worst part? IDY is only the writer... he doesn't even draw the girls (that would be the various artists of the series).
Are you serious ?

Then how the hell can his story (fr4eezing) be so abortive or half-hearted at times ?

Is he running out of steam or doing too much work ?

I would think he only had to concentrate on the plot if he didn't have the art to worry about ?

I am not aware of how the process goes.... so I may be over simplifying it.

So I can only guess that he isn't too enthusiastic about this story or has too many ideas he wants to get out in one story but doesn't know how to get them out or even if he does... finish them.

If I were IDY... I would have done the brother arc like this.

Louis had already been cured and rehabilitated from his molester ways and was over his obsession with his sister... thanks to the counsel of his older sister but more importantly he witnesses Stella's suffering at the death of her Mother who suffered too.

Since he feels guilty about it and as a matter of making things right for Stella, it was he who put final pressured on their father to let Stella have her way and get Kazauya's sister's hero stigmata. Despite Stella having low compatibility.

As a trade, Louis father then demands he become a top Limiter for a top Pandora and bring the family some glory. Louis wants to be a simple veterinarian.

Upon meeting, Louis becomes friends with Kazuya and tries to help Aoi become a better limiter because he sees the "pure potential of Aoi's little brother" to make Stella even greater and knows she will need Kazuya's support because of the things to come.

Louis is in love with Holly and vice versa... but Holly has a problem with her nova form instability so she is beginning to reject her immature stigmata, which makes decrease her power levels.

This makes Holly and Louis want to elope/ run away since not being a Pandora could mean her separation from Louis, since her family would deem her useless and immediately call her back and marry her off to someone else.

Louis doesn't want that so he stresses over Holly's nova-form and stigmata problem which unknown to them this increase her rejection and nova form instability.

Louis and Holly observe Stella and Kazuya's budding love for each other them not caring about class or ethnicity and the fact that they are not baptized but still work well together

Holly gets a call from her family, the last tests for her were bad and they are threatening her. She freaks out and goes Nova... Louis is in no shape to freezer her or limit her (they just had sex) and she goes nuts.

She fights Stella... (cliff scene) and we all know stella loves a good fight... they both go nuts before Louis brings Aoi to the scene and he shows Aoi how to really do some limiting and gets freezes stella and also calms her down. But he Kazuya is unable to control Holly because (she is number 3 UK)

Holly is still too emotionally gone, and its is then that she runs Louis through with her weapon and then Louis hugs her they fall off the cliff together and she feints when she sees what she has done.

Holly and Louis wake up in their room, their big sister pulled some favors and has medical equipment in there... and the doc promises secrecy to holly's breakdown but remarks that her system is stable now for some reason.

We could have it that her pent up frustration was released by fighting Stella.

They two couples thank each other at the airport and before he leaves (Louis hands Aoi a box that Stella's father had in his family vault... and tells him to never loose sight of it as it could mean Stellas life.

... ok fine... maybe its too complex I don't know... whatever... it felt like what I wanted to see.
Old 2011-08-18, 11:55   Link #1192
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Are you serious ?

Then how the hell can his story (fr4eezing) be so abortive or half-hearted at times ?

Is he running out of steam or doing too much work ?

I would think he only had to concentrate on the plot if he didn't have the art to worry about ?

I am not aware of how the process goes.... so I may be over simplifying it.

So I can only guess that he isn't too enthusiastic about this story or has too many ideas he wants to get out in one story but doesn't know how to get them out or even if he does... finish them.

If I were IDY... I would have done the brother arc like this.

Louis had already been cured and rehabilitated from his molester ways and was over his obsession with his sister... thanks to the counsel of his older sister but more importantly he witnesses Stella's suffering at the death of her Mother who suffered too.

Since he feels guilty about it and as a matter of making things right for Stella, it was he who put final pressured on their father to let Stella have her way and get Kazauya's sister's hero stigmata. Despite Stella having low compatibility.

As a trade, Louis father then demands he become a top Limiter for a top Pandora and bring the family some glory. Louis wants to be a simple veterinarian.

Upon meeting, Louis becomes friends with Kazuya and tries to help Aoi become a better limiter because he sees the "pure potential of Aoi's little brother" to make Stella even greater and knows she will need Kazuya's support because of the things to come.

Louis is in love with Holly and vice versa... but Holly has a problem with her nova form instability so she is beginning to reject her immature stigmata, which makes decrease her power levels.

This makes Holly and Louis want to elope/ run away since not being a Pandora could mean her separation from Louis, since her family would deem her useless and immediately call her back and marry her off to someone else.

Louis doesn't want that so he stresses over Holly's nova-form and stigmata problem which unknown to them this increase her rejection and nova form instability.

Louis and Holly observe Stella and Kazuya's budding love for each other them not caring about class or ethnicity and the fact that they are not baptized but still work well together

Holly gets a call from her family, the last tests for her were bad and they are threatening her. She freaks out and goes Nova... Louis is in no shape to freezer her or limit her (they just had sex) and she goes nuts.

She fights Stella... (cliff scene) and we all know stella loves a good fight... they both go nuts before Louis brings Aoi to the scene and he shows Aoi how to really do some limiting and gets freezes stella and also calms her down. But he Kazuya is unable to control Holly because (she is number 3 UK)

Holly is still too emotionally gone, and its is then that she runs Louis through with her weapon and then Louis hugs her they fall off the cliff together and she feints when she sees what she has done.

Holly and Louis wake up in their room, their big sister pulled some favors and has medical equipment in there... and the doc promises secrecy to holly's breakdown but remarks that her system is stable now for some reason.

We could have it that her pent up frustration was released by fighting Stella.

They two couples thank each other at the airport and before he leaves (Louis hands Aoi a box that Stella's father had in his family vault... and tells him to never loose sight of it as it could mean Stellas life.

... ok fine... maybe its too complex I don't know... whatever... it felt like what I wanted to see.
lol... I almost think that your story is the original one....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 02:59   Link #1193
ShiroiRyu

52 : Soccer girl !
Why our soccer is not like that ?
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 03:40   Link #1194
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
52 : Soccer girl !
Why our soccer is not like that ?
it's gonna be disaster ofcourse. Alot of blood bag and tissue gonna sold out more than popcorn or donuts and coffee

I need more funny chapter like this
the last funny chapter I read is when Satellizer participate in Hamburger eating contest

any one can tell me which chapter like this one?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 09:25   Link #1195
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I was wondering how you make a soccer game into fanservice... I guess that's one way.
Old 2011-08-29, 09:34   Link #1196
hoarfrost

Lol@ Sharon Obama.

Between 3rd years like Miyabi who abuse their juniors and the other group that attacks them if they resist, It's damn ridiculous that they don't understand why people opt just to avoid them altogether. I understand that we have to put what they did in context so that we can make Elizabeth look like a Noble Hero of Great Justice in the next volumes, but I still find it laughable.

Though, from what we see of Annette in this chapter, the dinner party chapter and some others, she actually stands out as the only genuinely nice one among them. Probably just being led stray by Elizabeth. She's become my favorite in the whole series (Not a whole lot of competition). I hope the story goes back to West Genetics just for that reason.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 11:13   Link #1197
Tachibana
タチバナ

Very funny chapter, next is chapter 53 which marks the beginning of the E-Pandora Arc, Yay!
Old 2011-08-29, 16:50   Link #1198
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Liked the new chapter. Elizabeth can actually be pretty fun when she wants to be, my opinion of her has risen.

Ahh, football and fanservice, two of my favourite things, a chapter that puts them together can't fail.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 17:46   Link #1199
Tachibana
タチバナ

Elizabeth is definitely one of my favorite characters
Old 2011-08-29, 23:04   Link #1200
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

She (Elizabeth) looks and acts so high and mighty but, like Stella, she's surprisingly easy to 'set off' - Rana sure has a way around the 'high-n-mighty' types to bring them out of their shells. Thank you Rana, you're my favorite Tibetan.

Oh boy, if I was a limiter there... I'd have every Pandora trying to kill me for verbal harassment - ESPECIALLY in this chapter.

"Lingerie Soccer!? This place is freakin' AWESOME!!"

"Let's bet on how many girls are wearing black panties vs white panties!"

"What sort of bet is that!?"

"A damn good one, considering the circumstances."

"Head's up! D-Cup alert!"

"Ooooooooh~!!" x 20

"This...is too...much..."

"Got another one - It's black!"

"Damn, that's 3 to my 2!"

"Goooo Elizabeth-sempai! Rip some more shirts! I need more white!"

"Dumbass! Don't yell that outloud!"

Tags