AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-27, 07:11   Link #2041
Insane
Banned

Thanks for the update Akuma!
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 07:14   Link #2042
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post
Well got some good news and some bad news.
Good news is that there's a new translator on board....Tarmade.
2nd one is that my laptop is back in tip top condition.
Bad news(at least for me) is that since (s)he's a C-->E translator, quite a lot of TLC is required for correcting it.
Glad that you finally got some help my friend.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 19:42   Link #2043
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Glad to hear you got some help. On that note though, what does TLC entail exactly?
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 19:52   Link #2044
sky black swordman

^ And I want to know too.
Old 2012-09-27, 20:32   Link #2045
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Just read the updates. Got to feel sorry for Sagara, he probably had one of the worst wake up calls ever. Also can anyone imagine a sleeping Goemon hugging a Pillar like a pillow on top of the roof? Also sleep walking Inuchiyo is very dangerous.
Old 2012-09-27, 21:33   Link #2046
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

They freaking left out the onmyouji magic battle at the top of Mt.Hiei.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 21:37   Link #2047
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
They freaking left out the onmyouji magic battle at the top of Mt.Hiei.
Might bring that character on for season 2. There were many characters to begin with in the season, plus that Onmyouji was like only in a chapter or few chapters in vol 4, that would be enough for only one episode. Bringing in a character for one episode then having his role done immediately would feel out of place. The Onmyouji role was bigger in later volumes so maybe they are aiming for that.
Old 2012-09-27, 21:47   Link #2048
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post
Well got some good news and some bad news.
Good news is that there's a new translator on board....Tarmade.
2nd one is that my laptop is back in tip top condition.
Bad news(at least for me) is that since (s)he's a C-->E translator, quite a lot of TLC is required for correcting it.
1. Did Sleepy say something about his username lol?
2. C->E translation isn't that bad. I remember translating a part of Campione while Kadi posted his own version. It really depends on the source, but the result I had was fine. (Some lines might go missing though lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
Glad to hear you got some help. On that note though, what does TLC entail exactly?
You mean what does TLC does? It's like proofreading to see if the translation has kept its meaning. Like what Perfect Chaos does. Heck, if BT was full of people like Perfect Chaos, the translation quality would be pure gold.
Old 2012-09-27, 21:55   Link #2049
Akumasama
Feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
1. Did Sleepy say something about his username lol?
2. C->E translation isn't that bad. I remember translating a part of Campione while Kadi posted his own version. It really depends on the source, but the result I had was fine. (Some lines might go missing though lol)
Yeah. I got the meaning of it. I thought it had quite a few mistakes though since there were a lot of names in the part I saw, it may be an exception.

Well literally it means Translation Check. Used more in manga scanlation.
Old 2012-09-27, 22:50   Link #2050
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Might bring that character on for season 2. There were many characters to begin with in the season, plus that Onmyouji was like only in a chapter or few chapters in vol 4, that would be enough for only one episode. Bringing in a character for one episode then having his role done immediately would feel out of place. The Onmyouji role was bigger in later volumes so maybe they are aiming for that.
But then, did they really kill Konoe? That'll ruin the series if he's really dead.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 22:58   Link #2051
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
But then, did they really kill Konoe? That'll ruin the series if he's really dead.
Most likely he survived, doubt they will kill him. Probably one of the fewest cliche they would do in the anime (you know, old enemy die and come back or whatever you seen it everywhere), summary was vague on that.
Old 2012-09-28, 07:27   Link #2052
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I myself have thought of translating LNs but I'm also a Chinese-to-English translator and therefore the original meaning would have been lost most of the time; since it's not like-for-like directly, I've always held back on wanting to do translations (my Japanese isn't good enough to do actual full translations either).
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 08:01   Link #2053
Jandalman

*emerges from archive binge* Hi all new guy here. Joined this forum specifically to look around this thread. Would have joined discussion if not for my need to read EVERY PAGE of this huge thread. Only just reached page #80. Just curious, how does one join the social group? Do I have to post a certain number of comments etc (to prove I'm not a bot" before admin let's me in?

EDIT: I withdraw my question regarding the social group. Seems to attract the ire of a number of folks.

Now to relevant discussions (and forgive me if it has been done already. I've already forgotten what was said 10 pages ago.)

Spoiler for potential spoiler for non-summary readers:

Last edited by Jandalman; 2012-09-28 at 09:03.
Jandalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 18:39   Link #2054
yui2401

Takeda fell in love with Saru, and want him become stud horse for Takeda family, she even gave Saru permission to make her and her subordinate became his harem. Takeda, I love you, lol
yui2401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 18:49   Link #2055
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Is it me or there is a lot of members joining these past recent weeks on this thread? Anyhow, Oda Nobuna no Yabou now have two translators so that should help.
Old 2012-09-29, 19:51   Link #2056
Jandalman

Quote:
Is it me or there is a lot of members joining these past recent weeks on this thread? Anyhow, Oda Nobuna no Yabou now have two translators so that should help.
They probably joined for reasons like mine, just finished watching the anime and am now hungry for more

And man am I now officially jealous of Saru. Initial harem of lolis didn't faze me, getting Juubei I was more concerned for his sake (regarding love triangle) but now that I know he gets Takeda I'm suuuuper jealous!
Old 2012-09-29, 22:05   Link #2057
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandalman View Post
They probably joined for reasons like mine, just finished watching the anime and am now hungry for more

And man am I now officially jealous of Saru. Initial harem of lolis didn't faze me, getting Juubei I was more concerned for his sake (regarding love triangle) but now that I know he gets Takeda I'm suuuuper jealous!
There are a lot more, though not confirmed. Though I am very happy the Light Novel is getting support.
Old 2012-09-30, 08:49   Link #2058
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Alright guys, (Moderators sorry for double posting), we been getting a lot of visits so far from the Moderators. I really don't want this thread to be close. If guys want to ask for spoilers, put it on the spoiler tag or ask in the social group. No need to post raw text of the Light Novel, AKuma and Tarmade already have it. Read the parts that are already translated and post your thoughts or question about what you read here and discuss it.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-09-30 at 12:39.
Old 2012-09-30, 21:24   Link #2059
Jandalman

Quote:
Alright guys, (Moderators sorry for double posting), we been getting a lot of visits so far from the Moderators. I really don't want this thread to be close. If guys want to ask for spoilers, put it on the spoiler tag or ask in the social group. No need to post raw text of the Light Novel, AKuma and Tarmade already have it. Read the parts that are already translated and post your thoughts or question about what you read here and discuss it.
The problem for a number of us it would seem is that we can't access the social forum. I know it's not the fault of any individual, probably just a bug in the website itself.
Old 2012-09-30, 21:38   Link #2060
Sumeragi
Banned

I hate it when people are lazy as to not just read a few pages back. There's the link to the summaries in this thread, on page 96.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem